[✓] Combustion [Fire Evocation Addition/Amendment]

Gladuos

Now that the forums are letting me post, I will give this my full support because it should have been something made a long, LONG time ago. I've personally been asked several times about concussive blasts from fireballs and the like, and this will just clear all that up. Also, explosions. +1 

Also to anyone who has an issue with this lore please take a long hard look at Arcanism, and look at the other evocations. We're trying to even the slate.

20 hours ago, Skellington said:

Also to anyone who has an issue with this lore please take a long hard look at Arcanism, and look at the other evocations. We're trying to even the slate.

I don't have a a strong opinion on the lore since I don't RP fire evocation and don't know how it balanced it feels but like... fire evo can be self-taught. Arcanism cannot. It's not as if that decision was made for no reason. Actual firey explosions will likely be abused. Not sure if that would be a reason to deny though as anything can be abused & it seems unfair to refuse a buff due to self-teaching.

However while others evos need love this doesn't feel quite substantial enough yet. Though I do keep saying that the relative versions of Arcanism--Celestialism for at least fire & water evo are Naztherak, Frost Witches & Sea Witches. Those being non-voidal of course but its the elemental theme that is being fulfilled. 

2 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Actual firey explosions will likely be abused. Not sure if that would be a reason to deny though as anything can be abused & it seems unfair to refuse a buff due to self-teaching.

The spell is reserved for T5, and is still mana expending, all magic is abused. Might I add this is something that's already quite possible and has been done in the past, fireballs would logically have some kind of force behind them following physics and such, whereas these little "poof ow" things are annoying and under-gamed by the opposing party. The number of times I've had someone hit by a burning hot fireball and walk it off with a few minor burns is extremely out there. 

Again this is technically something that's already possible, if you charge fire within itself and upon impact, force the spell to explode outward. I've done it before, so have others. This is just a more conventional way to do it.

2 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

-snip-

You're right, it is pretty unfair to deny lore due to self-teaching. Perhaps it was a mistake, as I said before. Regardless I'm not trying to say this is meant to be something on par with Celestialism by any means, I'm saying literally anything is still giving elemental evocations love. Which they do need. I'd be on board for removing their inherent self-teaching ability for the sake of balance within the evocations. If anything is abused feel free to debate it with them to correct the issue, and if they still abuse it perhaps write a magic report. It is most definitely not fair to blame the lore if people are being powergamey or abusive.  Otherwise those arguments about fulfilling the elemental theme are invalid as they are heavily dark and sometimes just restricting (frost witches? really?) Thank you for the feedback regardless.

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

You're right, it is pretty unfair to deny lore due to self-teaching. Perhaps it was a mistake, as I said before. Regardless I'm not trying to say this is meant to be something on par with Celestialism by any means, I'm saying literally anything is still giving elemental evocations love. Which they do need. I'd be on board for removing their inherent self-teaching ability for the sake of balance within the evocations. If anything is abused feel free to debate it with them to correct the issue, and if they still abuse it perhaps write a magic report. It is most definitely not fair to blame the lore if people are being powergamey or abusive.  Otherwise those arguments about fulfilling the elemental theme are invalid as they are heavily dark and sometimes just restricting (frost witches? really?) Thank you for the feedback regardless.

I am advocating for elemental evocations to have similar levels of progression like Arcanism and that those dark magics DO fulfill the elemental theme but because they are dark they cannot be woven together the same way  as Arcanism-Celestialism which I feel is a shame. 

Balancing comes through substance. Add substance to the magic. A purpose or a goal within the magic will notable increase the worth of the magic. 

Not that people would agree but the argument could be made that if those elemental based dark magics recieved access to their specific elemental evocation via the void as a secondary magic you would solve the issue I am bringing up. 

LMFAo fire evocation is the most fucked over magic. SO this is kind of needed LOL. And idk but I feel this should Be a Tier 4 thing. Edit: this was typed very sloppily on my phone, apologies.

5 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

-snip-

Sorry but I totally disagree. Dark magics are entirely thematically different when it comes to everything. They may fulfill the ELEMENTAL vibe but they don't necessarily fulfill the wizard-arcane vibe as the things you're mentioning are female restricted, man-eating cannibals, sadistic demonic lords (Which that lore isn't accepted anymore atm), etc. Basically it doesn't fit even if it technically is of an elemental vibe (loosely). It's better off trying to add to the actual arcane magics over time, and though you may claim this isn't as substantial. Not everything has to be Celestial tier vast, elemental evocations can be given love one small step at a time as well.

Eh since this is short:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N3cjVUDujTyWfd17mqcR4h_92uB5tjVPYsDyvBE5E0w/edit?usp=sharing

Practicing your writing is will allow you to write your lore to be more gripping and concise, thus increasing the chance of acceptance.

12 hours ago, Sporadic said:

-snip-

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

This is a bit of a **** move; to call someone's writing poor (when it's not), especially in such a dismissive and rather arrogant way-- and while as a public comment-- when your own comment's sentence structure is just awful.  I suggest adding Grammarly to your chrome and to be polite to others in the future.

https://www.grammarly.com/ 

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.