So, with the warclaim a pretty blatant issue is shown. Not only can folks wear heavy armor with an elytra, they allow attackers to essentially swoop in, take pot shots on players / drop alchemical fire and swoop out to recover near endlessly. With arrow projectory at mercy to lag, the most folks can do is hope to get in a few hits on a sweeping dive or luck out with an unintentional crash. If removing the items from PvP entirely is not an option, at least restrict something with considerably greater mobility than horses to the same standards of leather or chain. 

Mm.. you wouldn't be complaining if you were on the side using the elytras.

6 minutes ago, Temp said:

So, with the warclaim a pretty blatant issue is shown. Not only can folks wear heavy armor with an elytra, they allow attackers to essentially swoop in, take pot shots on players / drop alchemical fire and swoop out to recover near endlessly. With arrow projectory at mercy to lag, the most folks can do is hope to get in a few hits on a sweeping dive or luck out with an unintentional crash. If removing the items from PvP entirely is not an option, at least restrict something with considerably greater mobility than horses to the same standards of leather or chain. 

basically, everytime our group uses something, you guys cry and shout. lol. how about getting elytras for your self?

I find it a bit ironic that the people taking advantage of the oversight in mechanics courtesy of the developers, are the ones who were for literal years making conspiracy theories and accusing staff of bias against them, when they were losing. As well as taking every possible measure to duck out of consequences and losses. 

In the end, fair is fair, and a bullshit mechanic is a bullshit mechanic. 

Being able to fly around in a lag-ridden environment for hit and run attacks while shrouded in diamond plating, I would think, can be agreed by everyone to be rather over the top. 

The posturing I see here, simply due to my personal experiences, is hilarious. People should take screenshots for posterity for when the tables inevitably turn once more down the road. 

I wasn't able to attend the warclaim unfortunately. Though elytras are insanely expensive; I can't imagine 50k mina flying through the air dropping ~300 mina at a time via alchemist fire would be too overpowered. Powerful perhaps, but the costs outweigh the rewards.

Or maybe I just have outdated information I dont know

tbh i lost but it was fun as hell, i thought we were being carpet bombed ww2 style XD Lost but had fun