senor_tortuga

[Racial Lore] Orcish Horns

Yea, put this up and just completely ignore the Lore that says all Rams naturally grow horns? I hope you do know that.

Also.

If your orc does a great feat, even without that, say, becoming Rex, gives them horns. Kulgarok practiced Dark Shamanism, was the big papa of this generation of Dshamans and he has horns. Why? He was rex for some time.

You can already do that without sucking a spirit's balls.

I find this unecessary and it's personally a -1

1 hour ago, Brazilianski said:

Yea, put this up and just completely ignore the Lore that says all Rams naturally grow horns? I hope you do know that

Clan Ram barely came around this map to pursue as Civil War with the Orcs. They naturally grew horns from what seemed like nowhere when there used to be an actual reason why Orcs grew horns instead of just to have them.

10 hours ago, Smaw said:

However, can you explain what kind of system you would be using to determine the worth of ones actions, and when they would be deemed worthy enough to be blessed with horns?

Who will play the Greaters? ET? Shamans? Those who played the characters?

Practically, the Shamans would be the ones playing these characters and since horns aren't exactly moderated we don't need any staff to handle this for us. I would imagine to obtain horns it would practically be a Shaman giving Ancestral guidance on what their Ancestors have accomplished and what kind of task that specific Orc should embark on.

4 hours ago, imthebaddestb said:

*watches all the current orc players add horns to themselves so they don't have to abide to this lore if/when accepted*

I must be missing it, who is actually doing this?

12 hours ago, Humanistic said:

when there used to be an actual reason why Orcs grew horns instead of just to have them.

Which was?

So basically if you aren't an orc and still a shaman then you can't grow horns even if you prove yourself to some ancestral spirits? What about dark elves and proving themselves to the ancestral spirits they are related to?

3 hours ago, Gladuos said:

So basically if you aren't an orc and still a shaman then you can't grow horns even if you prove yourself to some ancestral spirits? What about dark elves and proving themselves to the ancestral spirits they are related to?

This is something unreleated to being a shaman or spiritual servant. It's related to the orcish race.

Phallic metaphors aside, I'm sort of lost as to why the greater ancestors convened and decided the best way to reward great Orcs is through the growth of bone appendages out of their skull.

Not against horns ip se. In this age of pink orcs running around it actually seems a welcome change. But from the immersion side of things it seems like there'd be more obvious rewards to hand out than horns.

23 minutes ago, Sporadic said:

why the greater ancestors convened and decided the best way to reward great Orcs is through the growth of bone appendages out of their skull.

I imagine that they decided horns were a sign of strength, similar to tusks. We've got mounts like Rhinos or Myrzym, both with strong and tough horns or tusks. Mounts in the Orcish race are extremely important and praised. So i'm sure the Ancestrals, going off of nature and the way that different animals fought with their horns (Like a Stag with their antlers), they thought that horns would be a suitable sign of strength and prestige... Just like how the Alpha male would probably be the biggest in the pack, or at least the strongest.

59 minutes ago, HedgeHug said:

-snip-

I don't know man if it has nothing to do with being a shaman or spiritual servant then how come being a shaman or spiritual servant is so highly intertwined in this?

7 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

I don't know man if it has nothing to do with being a shaman or spiritual servant then how come being a shaman or spiritual servant is so highly intertwined in this?

I believe the focus is saying that you need a Lutauman to take you to said Greater Ancestral to prove yourself.

10 hours ago, Sky said:

Which was?

Proving your worth as an Orc by accomplishing something outstanding. Orcs are born with the tusks, but must earn their horns. While tusks are a prideful thing for an Orc to have; horns are more of an honor to achieve through the trials tasked by the Shaman.

4 hours ago, Gladuos said:

This pertains to: Male and Female Orcs, Goblins, and Ologs.

Orcish horns have always been relevant to a smaller extent on LOTC until recently when people started throwing horns on their characters out of the blue. A reason for this is due to Krug who was the first to knock Iblees down but was burned by the acid skin and passed it onto the descendant Orcs who received a type of mutation on their bodies.

This lore tributes the growth of the horns not only to the Lesser or Greater Ancestrals but also to Krug as well whom is not the racial father of the Dark Elves for that would be Malin. If you are interested in growing some horns on an Elf, Human, Dwarf look into being an Azdrazi.

1 hour ago, Sporadic said:

I'm sort of lost as to why the greater ancestors convened and decided the best way to reward great Orcs is through the growth of bone appendages out of their skull.

I mean it's pretty fitting imo. They're up and in your face, hard to miss, intimidating as ****, command respect, and so on.

1 hour ago, Moby_Derp said:

I believe the focus is saying that you need a Lutauman to take you to said Greater Ancestral to prove yourself.

Yeah no I get that but why doesn't the Greater Ancestral just give my orc sick chest gains or something?

Just now, Sporadic said:

why can't the Greater Ancestral just give my orc sick chest gains or something?

Orcs already have sick chest gains, and as I stated: Horns are a sign of strength, and correlate to nature I suppose.