[Druidic Subtype] Wardens of Cernunnos

Will (TauFirewarrior)

I do not feel like this is necessary when you think of how powerfull druidism is when it comes to plant/animal 'controll' and then this shortens the casting emotes? However i am not fine with thisturning into meme forum because he used couuple o' pictures from Warhammer. Respect someone's lore piecw and dont **** all over it. He has worked hard as you can see and even though i personally dont like the lore y'gotta respect it!

Edited by Tidemanno

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

Oh boy here I go being bias again

IMPEACHMENT! BIAS! ;)

Great work William! Looks quite good! 

Personally due to the aspect approach being the first lore I really approached on Lotc, it will always be something I have more of an understanding of and I think this is a really creative ad-on. It broadens the possibilities and approaches of druidism, as well as interesting concepts. However the druidic enchantments as stated prior can be seen as a minor issue, or perhaps slightly overpowered due to the reduction of emote time. Perhaps find another approach that could support this statement with a compromise? Or a downfall?

Aside from that I love the ideas and thus +1

Uh, I'm not sure if I have to say it but Druidism already has more than most and doesn't need another sub-type, especially one all about enhancing default abilities passively like you're secret a blood mage. That's Thulean way.

18 hours ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

Sharp and Penetrative Weapons:

I don't think this even counts as a weakness.

I would remove it, honestly...

Also, just give other abilities rather than some enhanced abilities, idk, call a storm or some ****.

Great stuff. Well-written, thematically consistent and well balanced with a lot of added downsided. Here's my notes.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:42 PM, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

This includes any Druidic abilities around healing, becoming a Soul Tree and acquiring the knowledge and applying it to become a Shapeshifter.

You repeat yourself on this in the first two paragraphs.

An ability and power to near passively control the animals around them, to become a potent weapon to strike against those who would threaten the nature of the world or those who revere it so. Any natural creature can be commanded to strike, in great herds or packs, even smaller or individual animals can be commanded to do such and they will do so with little regard to themselves.

What about animals tamed by someone else? Could my horse be commanded "with little regard to themselves" just ride itself off a cliff in order to kill my PC? What about less insane scenarios like someone's loyal wolf just turning on them?

Once a Warden is imbued with the power of Cernunnos they feel themselves closer to Nature itself, many of them would likely choose to do such, with little regard to wear armour or other such protection.

You've got a run-on sentence here.

The Role of the Wardens of Cernunnos within the Triad of Aspects is their acceptance and embracement of the chaotic forces that reside within nature and that are represented by their patron. They are the wildness manifest with the Druids, becoming part of Cernunnos Wild Hunt and the chaos that ensues. Mostly cutting themselves off from society that would be considered civilized and protecting the woods from the forces that seek to pluck the bounty of the woods and steal, from those who would seek to destroy the forests for their own gain, or worst yet the ones who would seek to corrupt the woods and twist nature into a sickly form for them to spread their will.

I do feel like it's worth pointing out how similar this is in motivation to the previously considered "Ferals" lore. Although the origin and physiology and abilities is radical difference their allegiance to Cerunnos is very similar. This is worth realizing for future compatibility and lore unification.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in a week or so.

11/21 Edit: Due to some changes made recently, we are currently extending the vote. A verdict will be posted here in another week or so.

This lore is pending.

Edit: Lore has not been edited to meet the concerns raised by the team, it is denied.