Top 10 COMMANDS you've NEVER heard of!!!!

Sander

88265331aab874395ab350687744e973.png

Recently, I came across some commands and features in ooc chats and I noticed many people didn't know these! (including myself :P) So here is a list of 10 commands and features you've never heard of! Let me know in the commands below which ones you didn't know and let me know what your favourites are! Let's get started with number 1!

#1 - /Hidenames
This command is very straight forward yet it appeared a lot of people didn't know this nonetheless. All it does is hide playernames above players' heads. A very useful feature, cuz we wouldn't want your rp immurshun ruined.

2# - /Debate
Despite this chat being a global chat accessible for all players, it seems nobody knows it. The chat's purpose is quite obvious though; if you want to debate on a topic or discuss something with other community members, take it there so you don't fill up /ooc.

3# - Free descriptions and more
This might seem like something fairly obvious, but experience has taught me that a lot of people don't realize this. If you have the perks of editing items, you know you only have a limited amount of 'edits' per week. However, editing the description of an item, signing it or editing the item name's color don't use your weekly edits. Only editing the name does. Something that's definetily useful to know if you didn't yet!

4# - Craftbook
While most people know the features of the gate signs, a lot of people don't know most other features the Craftbook plugin offers. The most prominent ones are [Lift Up/Down] signs which create functionable elevators and also the [X] sign is very useful, as it makes the block on which's side you place it switch. Yes! You can make a hidden switch in plain sight by simply putting this sign on the back of a block and hooking redstone up to it!

#5 - /Horsestats
A very useful command for all breeders or simply people who own a horse! The command gives you information on the statistics of the horse you're riding at that moment. It gives you the horse's speed in percentages compared to how much faster it is than walking, it tells you how high it can jump and even it's health!

#6 - /Walk
Ever wanted to just take things easy, or be mechanically slower in moving because your char is hurt or whatever? Well, you can! By using /walk you get slowed down so that you can walk in a normal, slow and calm pace rather than the standard speedy gonzales walkspeed minecraft itself offers you! 

#7 - /Date
Just a simple command that let's you know the roleplay date and year for when you forgot, are curious or need the precize date for documenting something. Seems very obvious, yet people don't know.

#8 - /Sneak
A very old command that was gone for a while but got added back in the late spring/early summer of 2017. /Sneak let's you sneak without having to keep the shift key pressed. It even allows you to walk normal speed, chat and open your inventory. You stop it by pressing the sneak key or sprinting.

#9 - /Sing
/Sing spawns a random music note sound at your location to imply you're singing... That's all it does. Where is mah bard pluginnnn?!?!?!

#10 - Who's that powergaming *****?!?!
Finally, /realname (whole, or part of an, rp name) gives you the username of the player(s) with the targetted charactername. Convenient for when the cool kids are talking about some irp and you want to know who this person is!

The /sing and /debate would be the ones I never known about. Really neat post!

I feel glad I knew all of these

I, personally, like using sing when someone asks who is e-chesting. 

5 minutes ago, rukio said:

I, personally, like using sing when someone asks who is e-chesting. 

Ahahahahahaha

Definitely starting a flame war in /debate. (jk)

is /trash one or do people know about it?

7 hours ago, Nug said:

is /trash one or do people know about it?

yeah that's the one i thought about i don't think people know about it

thank you, as a returning player this helps a lot!

Might do another thingy like this in the future, there's definetily a lot more not well known commands, probably a lot I don't even know.. Never heard of /trash before for example :P