The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

_pok_

Nightfall 2: Modern Nations FRP OOC Thread

67 posts in this topic

U.K

-Canada

-Korean

Republic

-Brazil

-Iran

-France

-Chile

-Nigeria

-Russia

-Indonesia

-Albania

-Mexico

MMKTHs0.png

Edited by GrimBeard

51 minutes ago, Brazilianski said:

Country Desired: The Federal Republic of Russia

Leader Name: Vladimir Putin (President), Alexander Rutskoy (Vice-President)

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: With the Recession of 2019, Russia saw a difficult time period, from 2019 to December 2020, before a plan made by the President stabilized the economy once more. As it stands, the economical future of Russia is unsure, however, the support for a Putin 3rd Mandate grows within the people, alongside a discomfort from more tradicional russians, mainly right-wing ones. The future of Russia lies in the hands of Vladimir Putin and in the hand's of the people, if they decided he is fit to lead them.

Do you Praise Pok: I saved you from death IG, of course I praise you.

51 minutes ago, Zanderaw said:

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Republic of Indonesia
Leader Name:  Newly-elected president Kyai Hadji Anwaruddin in a working relationship with 
Asrul Kapur.

Background, ensure it fits with game Background:

The withdrawal of the US from the pacific had far-reaching effects: while the island nation of Indonesia had always been poor, it had never truly been violent. But without a strong naval guiding hand, the region erupted into chaos. Pirates began to terrorize the straits of Malacca, and strike with impunity even within inner Indonesian waters. By the year 2019, piracy had become so rampant that the integrity of the nation itself was under threat as local militias gathered to resist attacks, while the international community threatened reprisals on the nations of the region if they could not protect trade flowing past.

Into this critical moment at last stepped a man of initiative. The young admiral Asrul Kapur, a half-Indian Indonesian patriot, vowed to put an end to the chaos, whatever it took. Though he commanded only a small group of frigates and corvettes, he struck aggressively and without quarter. Controversially, he went beyond his authority as rear admiral, negotiating with rival pirate lords to play them off of one other, but was spared the wrath of his superiors...through friends in Jakarta.

Admiral Kapur had developed a strong friendship with one Kyai Haji Anwaruddin while at university, and Anwaruddin had been no less successful in his own life. Becoming wealthy in his drive for geothermal energy in parts of Java, he founded the Oceanic Trade League, an international group of industrialists of the region, in 2018, a response to the rising instability in the area. Quickly gaining popularity in Indonesian politics, they found the solution to their problems in Asrul Kapur, and were able to marshal such support for him that no matter what his actions, he could never be disciplined.

It is good that they did, for 2021 now finds Asrul Kapur on the verge of pacifying the last of the major pirate strongholds, and for his success Kyai Anwaruddin has been elected president. With the trade league in control of the government, and Kapur poised to guide the navy, Indonesia's rise could be at hand...

Praise almighty Pok

51 minutes ago, Kardel said:

Application

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): The Federated Albanian Republic [Albania + Kosovo]
Leader Name: Edvin Rama 

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: After the global recession of 2019, Albania was crippled. With its fledgling tourist-based economy destroyed and the gradual rise in the price of imports creating product shortages, the country's economy was condemned to a state worse than that of the transition economy. But worse, Albania's prospects of joining the European Union by 2021 were essentially voided: the EU was in no shape to accept any more countries, let alone an economically disadvantaged one. The natural impulse for the citizens of the small balkans nations was to band together and adjust their lifestyles to ones more accordant with reality. 

Kosovo was hit worse. Without a stable economy, the small country was completely crippled. Kosovan businesses could no longer pay the outrageous prices for imports, and supplying came only from Albania. The two countries first removed tariffs, then former border controls, and afterward simply federated. E.U permission was not expressly given, but the problems elsewhere kept the great powers at bay. The question remains whether this nation will continue to stay together, and whether the union between two already poor countries could make matters better or worse economically. 

Do you Praise Pok: mhm ye

45 minutes ago, Devland99 said:

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Mexico
Leader Name: Vivian Del Poro

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: Mexico... Oh mexico, a country with a failing economy and a terrible drug problem. Many men have tried and made little to no gain in the war on the cartels. The growing unrest in the world worried the Mexicans and they elected to hire a more.. radical president then ever before.

Do you Praise Pok: **** yeah BROTHER

Welcome. Add me on Skype if you don't have me already. 

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Down under mate. Crikey! (Australia)
Leader Name: Malcolm Turnbull

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: With the growing world tension, Australia seeks closer relations with Britain, and other Commonwealth members, Worried about the newly installed Korean regime, (remembering what happened previously) Australia seeks to grow a stronger military presence

Do you Praise Pok: Every night before I sleep, I get down on my knees and pray to Pok, I hope that I am bestowed great FRP's and that more accept the way of Pok, Deus Pok!

22 minutes ago, _Noah_ said:

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Down under mate. Crikey! (Australia)
Leader Name: Malcolm Turnbull

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: With the growing world tension, Australia seeks closer relations with Britain, and other Commonwealth members, Worried about the newly installed Korean regime, (remembering what happened previously) Australia seeks to grow a stronger military presence

Do you Praise Pok: Every night before I sleep, I get down on my knees and pray to Pok, I hope that I am bestowed great FRP's and that more accept the way of Pok, Deus Pok!

ur in

Application

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Cuba
Leader Name: El'Suavo T'Oussaint

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: The events of the Korean regime falling had little effect on the tiny island of Cuba, leaving it's population indifferent to the global events as they were more focused on finishing the reconstruction of their island from recent hurricanes. However, the Americans leaving the pacific sparked a movement within the governmental parties with the growing issue of an even larger United States presence in the Caribbean. While for a time the Cubans ran under the North American trade circle of Mexico, Canada, and the USA, they now seek to expand their horizons onto much greater things, and are willing to go to great lengths in order to preserve a better and much bigger future for their island.

Do you Praise Pok: I'd let him smash, tbh.

Edited by Quackers

Application

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Israel
Leader Name: Gadi Eizenkot

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: With the end of Netnanyhus long time grip on the Prime Minister office, came a new wave of Israeli candidates, eager to replace Netanyhu's spot. When the election arrived, the election was based on mainly one thing: the Palestinian question. Most parties, advocated for a two part solution. However, with support from popular Netanyhu, Eizenkot of the Likud party, won, since most Israeli's did not support a two state solution. The Likud party has been in power for decades, the Israelis like them, they experienced prosperity under them. This prosperity, continued. 

Israel is a major player in the Middle Eastern theatre, being a massive military power with arms and supplies by advanced Western Militaries such as the US, and Germany.  This has continued, and Israel continues to be the most advanced military force in the region. Regarding Palestine, the Netanyhu administration ignored demands from Western nations to end Jewish Settlements in Palestine, so it continued. As of now, the Jews and the Palestinian Arabs are roughly equal in numbers, and there are thousands of small Jewish towns. It remains sole ruler in the land, however, something which it can thank advanced anti-rocket technology graciously given by the US. It remains aligned with the major western countries, and opposed to Arab and Muslim majority countries.

The Israeli economy is very strong, with a high  quality of life.  It remains one of the largest economies in the turbulent Middle East, and the country most refugees go to to escape their uncivilised countries, however, the Israeli administration has maintained its hardline on immigration, and has remained majority Jewish, as it should.

Do you Praise Pok: Who doesnt

Country Desired:
Republic of China

image.png.74e8bd06d335a660d6ed3acc6f966694.png

President:
Ou Wen-Qiang (區文強)

With the destabilisation of the world economy through the acts of the North Korean regime and the compromises made by the United States of America, the People's Republic of China has seemingly secured its grasp on the South China seas and looms as a greater threat than ever before. Yet, the Great Recession of 2019 presents the Republic of China the prime conditions for its return to power. The coupling between these factors have resulted in increasing nationalist sentiment among the populace, consequently propelling the old Kuomintang Party to a landslide victory and restoring the nations ambitions towards reclaiming what is rightfully theirs.

Do you Praise Pok:

4 minutes ago, Deminisher said:

Country Desired:
Republic of China

President:
Ou Wen-Qiang (區文強)

With the destabilisation of the world economy through the acts of the North Korean regime and the compromises made by the United States of America, the People's Republic of China has seemingly secured its grasp on the South China seas and looms as a greater threat than ever before. Yet, the Great Recession of 2019 presents the Republic of China the prime conditions for its return to power. The coupling between these factors have resulted in increasing nationalist sentiment among the populace, consequently propelling the old Kuomintang Party to a landslide victory and restoring the nations ambitions towards reclaiming what is rightfully theirs.

Do you Praise Pok:

China is locked with the USA and India. We could use some more European nations if you're interested. 

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): The Republic of Lebanon

Leader Name: President Ibrahim min Bayrut

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: The rise in Islamic terror, the refugee crisis and the withdrawal of American global hegemony damaged Lebanon heavily. The confessional system as disbanded. Shia-Sunni violence threatened to bring the country to the eve of civil war, however, a new party, led by a previously obscure Christian businessman known as Ibrahim min Bayrut became known as the Christian People's Party. With the support of Shias due to the suppression of Hezbollah (They voted in order to stop a Sunni Islamist regime) the party was able to gain victory and has reigned for 6 years now. Lebanon is transforming demographically. Arab Christians and Christians from across the Middle East such as Assyrians are invited into the country as refugees, making the religion once more the majority. This ensures the CPP have a strangehold when election time comes, especially when it has the support of most moderate parties. 

Do you Praise Pok: I praise Allah

I can't seem to skype you - it says you need to accept me (I think I tried to add you years ago)

Edited by thesmellypocket

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): South Africa
Leader Name: President Thato Isaacs

The tendrils of damage dealt by the Great Recession of 2019 were far reaching, and few knew better than the South African people. The plummet that the United States and China felt, the small African country's two major trading partners, was felt even more extensively in South Africa. The already-deficient trade balance dropped $2B USD almost overnight, sending the country's economy reeling. However, the government chose to keep the government active for the sake of normalcy as the economy continued to suffer.

It was only as the Kim regime collasped and the United States economy began to recover that the South African government began to pick up the pieces. President Isaacs announced plans to revitalize the existing economy, with tentative government subsidies for surviving companies willing to begin to improve infrastructure and public works, focused on education and revenue-generating structures (i.e. power production, mining, etc.). A tax plan was announced to cut taxes for entrepreneurship, and for lowered rates for the average citizen, with the hopes of bringing more people from poverty and into the lower tax brackets. The President also alluded to plans to renegotiate current trade agreements, as well as open previously closed or lackluster doorways. The government had realized the fragility of the global economy, and were willing to begin the slow process of infrastructural improvement and improved global trade. Bold promises for so small a country, surely. But the President was up to the task to restore and establish prosperity for his nation.

Do you Praise Pok: Sometimes.

1 hour ago, Quackers said:

Application

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Cuba
Leader Name: El'Suavo T'Oussaint

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: The events of the Korean regime falling had little effect on the tiny island of Cuba, leaving it's population indifferent to the global events as they were more focused on finishing the reconstruction of their island from recent hurricanes. However, the Americans leaving the pacific sparked a movement within the governmental parties with the growing issue of an even larger United States presence in the Caribbean. While for a time the Cubans ran under the North American trade circle of Mexico, Canada, and the USA, they now seek to expand their horizons onto much greater things, and are willing to go to great lengths in order to preserve a better and much bigger future for their island.

Do you Praise Pok: I'd let him smash, tbh.

34 minutes ago, Alfonso X el Sabio said:

Application

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Israel
Leader Name: Gadi Eizenkot

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: With the end of Netnanyhus long time grip on the Prime Minister office, came a new wave of Israeli candidates, eager to replace Netanyhu's spot. When the election arrived, the election was based on mainly one thing: the Palestinian question. Most parties, advocated for a two part solution. However, with support from popular Netanyhu, Eizenkot of the Likud party, won, since most Israeli's did not support a two state solution. The Likud party has been in power for decades, the Israelis like them, they experienced prosperity under them. This prosperity, continued. 

Israel is a major player in the Middle Eastern theatre, being a massive military power with arms and supplies by advanced Western Militaries such as the US, and Germany.  This has continued, and Israel continues to be the most advanced military force in the region. Regarding Palestine, the Netanyhu administration ignored demands from Western nations to end Jewish Settlements in Palestine, so it continued. As of now, the Jews and the Palestinian Arabs are roughly equal in numbers, and there are thousands of small Jewish towns. It remains sole ruler in the land, however, something which it can thank advanced anti-rocket technology graciously given by the US. It remains aligned with the major western countries, and opposed to Arab and Muslim majority countries.

The Israeli economy is very strong, with a high  quality of life.  It remains one of the largest economies in the turbulent Middle East, and the country most refugees go to to escape their uncivilised countries, however, the Israeli administration has maintained its hardline on immigration, and has remained majority Jewish, as it should.

Do you Praise Pok: Who doesnt

28 minutes ago, Deminisher said:

Country Desired:
Republic of China

President:
Ou Wen-Qiang (區文強)

Do you Praise Pok:

14 minutes ago, thesmellypocket said:

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): The Republic of Lebanon

Leader Name: President Ibrahim min Bayrut

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: The rise in Islamic terror, the refugee crisis and the withdrawal of American global hegemony damaged Lebanon heavily. The confessional system as disbanded. Shia-Sunni violence threatened to bring the country to the eve of civil war, however, a new party, led by a previously obscure Christian businessman known as Ibrahim min Bayrut became known as the Christian People's Party. With the support of Shias due to the suppression of Hezbollah (They voted in order to stop a Sunni Islamist regime) the party was able to gain victory and has reigned for 6 years now. Lebanon is transforming demographically. Arab Christians and Christians from across the Middle East such as Assyrians are invited into the country as refugees, making the religion once more the majority. This ensures the CPP have a strangehold when election time comes, especially when it has the support of most moderate parties. 

Do you Praise Pok: I praise Allah

I can't seem to skype you - it says you need to accept me (I think I tried to add you years ago)

11 minutes ago, The Wyvernbane said:

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): South Africa
Leader Name: President Thato Isaacs

The tendrils of damage dealt by the Great Recession of 2019 were far reaching, and few knew better than the South African people. The plummet that the United States and China felt, the small African country's two major trading partners, was felt even more extensively in South Africa. The already-deficient trade balance dropped $2B USD almost overnight, sending the country's economy reeling. However, the government chose to keep the government active for the sake of normalcy as the economy continued to suffer.

It was only as the Kim regime collasped and the United States economy began to recover that the South African government began to pick up the pieces. President Isaacs announced plans to revitalize the existing economy, with tentative government subsidies for surviving companies willing to begin to improve infrastructure and public works, focused on education and revenue-generating structures (i.e. power production, mining, etc.). A tax plan was announced to cut taxes for entrepreneurship, and for lowered rates for the average citizen, with the hopes of bringing more people from poverty and into the lower tax brackets. The President also alluded to plans to renegotiate current trade agreements, as well as open previously closed or lackluster doorways. The government had realized the fragility of the global economy, and were willing to begin the slow process of infrastructural improvement and improved global trade. Bold promises for so small a country, surely. But the President was up to the task to restore and establish prosperity for his nation.

Do you Praise Pok: Sometimes.

All accepted.

Edited by _pok_

18 minutes ago, Sneaky2 said:

China is locked with the USA and India. We could use some more European nations if you're interested. 

Learn to read flags you mong

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): My country is the Pan European Union it consists of France, Germany, Poland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Italy.
5f2775a247741e7a0f2bea0a4c6927a8--flags.

Leader Name: John Carson

Background, ensure it fits with game Background: In 2019 General Carson of the Polish army invaded the nearby countries and conquered them, in 2020 he formed all of the Europeans into one union, now he sets his sights on Africa and the UK to take them out!

Do you Praise Pok: Im an atheist

Country Desired (Be sure to read the scenario, find out info pertinent to you. Send me questions if you want to know more): Sweden+Norway = true?

Leader Name: Prime Minister Gustaf Henriksson

Background, ensure it fits with game Background:  As the oil deposits outside of Norways coast are slowly drying up, the norwegian economy is shaken. Being reliant on the massive income from oil, the norwegians are facing a return to the pre-oil era of a primarily fishing industry. Alongside that, with the big spike in tensions across the world affecting the broader economy pushing the norwegian economy even further down. 

Things do not look any better in sweden, with a massive spike in population that has a hard time integrating to the swedish society the welfare state is under fire. 
Both economies were falling behind with no solution at hand until a new political party, The Scandinavian Party, rose up in both nations. Hailing from the border regions between Norway and Sweden, they advocated a union for the both failing states to help each other to greatness. They did fairly good in the Swedish 2018 election, but gained no real traction until the Great Recession of 2019 when both economies spiraled out of control. 

Riding the wave of rising nationalism and protectionism after the 2019 Great recession the Scandinavian Party managed to stir enough public support for a new election in both Sweden and Norway. They won the swedish election with a whopping 61% of the vote. Subsequently in Norway, seeing the massive victory in sweden the norwegian public voted for the forming a new state for the benefit of both people. During the summer of 2019 Skandinavien (Scandinavia) was born.

Spending the last two years consolidating and reorganising the two states into one, Scandinavia is now primed and ready to tackle its own and the worlds problems. 

Military numbers:

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=sweden

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=norway

Do you Praise Pok: We were allies once... so no.

Edited by Algoda