Druidism Addition [Feat] Druidic Transcendence

HedgeHug

Feat: Druidic Transcendence

Forenote: Given the revisions for this lore, Hedge has shifted full lore rights over to Delmodan with it’s creation and execution. Credit still goes to Hedge for the idea and aid with creating this lore which is found below in the credits.

a5H0s-fPLt9JmpYCCtj_UgZp1W9UrXbmIY_ZcgN6O_9pOPSOGtAlwT06qIeDXa4GcFF7bY2xfe31AsTUYrG0OqtdJ8vLs4vl_wlEeQDWiBIVGVaB1oWm6ytgkpK_Wv1AXhM1n9JO

Though it is a great lost feeling those brothers and sisters that depart this realm, we know they only return to that of nature and wander eternally within the realm of the Aspects.” ~Arinislia, the Owl Druid

Stories held within the old tomes of druidic lore tell of the legends and myths that hold the vast secret knowledge of nature and the realm of the Aspects. Visions caught within the dreams of the Elders speak of the brilliant majesty that is the realm parallel to our own yet entirely different in its own right. The feeling within a druid’s connection as one of their brothers or sisters perishes from this world is indescribable at the lost yet also known deep within there is a certain peace and unspoken truth that they now rest within the Eternal Forest. The Demi-Aspects of old carved in stone and displayed in various shrines of druid groves gives a hint to this very thing that perhaps those druids that have departed may eternally wander there.

Communion being more than just speaking to flora and fauna, it’s step above that which the eye merely sees and opens up to many possibilities. As such, a druid has attempted to study and find a means acceptable in the deities eyes to transverse and commune with those departed. Without the approval of such, one could never truly transverse such a realm without feeling the absolute wrath of such divines. Thus an acceptance was sought and found through the hints and studies of the Fae creatures, but most notability the mysterious Fae Rings.

ygoiS1TekwWsTJP9btakwRcVoqRr9r9HphfADxY0J0rLYXOHRpHABvXRbcEuJZEckTBLF-y8AiRVAEW8U-eo5W7_gl1JW60NprNlwd8sWCFutBXH1jBeI1LubnFfxNxJ8Skw968Z

The connection made uses the existing tether between the Eternal Forest and the Mortal Plane - empowered by a full moon. Similar to how a shaman's spirit departs from their body, leaving but an anchor behind, so will the druids soul exit their body and leave behind an anchor. Their body will be left behind in a state of meditation and connection whilst their mind enters the Fae Realm. When here they shall be disguised as an animal. Which one will be left to the creativity of the player. In this disguised form they are free to exit the Fae Ring in the Fae Realm and roam freely in this divine garden.

When wandering around they are able to encounter many a kind of Fae that naturally live there. Though more interesting are encounters with passed Druii - who have lived in the Fae Realm ever since their departure from the Mortal Plane. These ancestral druids are capable of communion with the wandering, disguised, druid. This is done through nature's communion, much like how this is performed on the Mortal Plane. A logical way of communication - for the Fae Realm or Eternal Forest is considered a mirror dimension of the Mortal Plane. One where nature prevails above all through the Aspect’s influence and Fae rule.

A connection can never last too long, for the longer it lasts, as by nature the Fae Realm: the druid shall be persuaded to stay there. No active actions are taken by the realm or the Fae that reside within, but there will be a strong influence that will warp the mind of the visiting druid - encouraging them to stay.

They will be tempted, by this influence, to cross the line and exit the Fae Ring in which their body resides. This all whilst still having an established connection. This will render the anchorpoint useless and will ‘trap’ the Soul in Limbo between the Mortal Plane and the Fae Realm.

(to people around them it will look as if they are sleepwalking, as soon as the body reaches outside of the Fae Ring - they will pass out).

If body and soul are reunited in the Fae Ring they will fuse once more. But not without heavy mental damage. If in an elven days time (24 hours) no one has come to the trapped druids aid, their Soul will forever remain in the Fae Realm. (PK Clause)

It is noted that during this state of limbo the druid appears in the Fae Ring in the Mortal Realm as a ghastly near-spectral entity. Incapable of stepping out of the Fae Ring, speaking or influencing the realm around them. All they can at this point is appear there in the hopes that someone sees them before time has ran out and their Soul is forever severed from its body.

Red lines:

•  

• 2 months of holding the Feat before one can make a TA.
  • A soultree druid can practise this in their husked form yet even then the Soul is capable of slipping from the Soultree and therefore has the same risks a normal druid has.
  • A connection can only be made when the Fae may travel from realm to realm: during a full moon. (once every day - assuming a day irl is a month ingame and there is one full moon a month)
  • Must be Tier 5 to be able to learn this Feat.
  • No more than three could perform this feat within the same ritual at any given time.
  • A connection cannot take too long - for else the Fae Realm will try to keep the visitor in.
  • Since time is relative we are to keep the maximum time limited to a decent encounter with an individual inside this realm. A conversation lasting no longer than an hour will be harmless. Any longer and effects are to be roleplayed.
  • This influence by the Fae Realm is to be roleplayed by the player themselves. Up to their creativity.
  • A druid with shapeshifting does not have to appear as their assigned animal in the Fae Realm.
  • Fading to Black in this Fae Realm is prohibited as that breaks all rules bestiality related - and is outright disgusting.
  • You may only roleplay yourself disguised as an animal in the Fae Realm. In the Mortal Realm you will simply remain as a still body that’s in meditation in side a Fae Ring.
  • When been in Limbo for quite some time, mental damage is to be roleplayed as a consequence of this.
  • Must have OOC consent to speak with the past PK druid characters from the player.

Credits:

Delmodan - Prime Druid MT help & writing (thnx so much)

Hedgehug - Ideas & writing

Leowarrior14 - Original Fae Realm lore

Delmodan - Origins of Druidism lore

I like it.

Could you add some clarification about tree lords? I've been told they follow the same rules regarding souls and whatnot, but would there be any difference with moving their soul across and stuff? Considering their souls are bound to a tree, their tether is the tree, not their body. Or is that not the case? 

Just the kind of thing that druidism needs; an addition that can do nothing but good. Nicely done.

6 minutes ago, Giga said:

Could you add some clarification about tree lords? I've been told they follow the same rules regarding souls and whatnot, but would there be any difference with moving their soul across and stuff? Considering their souls are bound to a tree, their tether is the tree, not their body. Or is that not the case? 

But of course my friend. The Husk has a direct tether to the soul that resides in the soultree. Therefore when their soul departs from the body it will leave an anchor in the soultree, travel through the tethered husk and from the husk in to the tether of the Fae Ring. A bit far fetched but managable.

This honestly feels like a big rip off of WoW's Emerald Dream and A:TLA's Spirit World and it uses shamanism to push it forward. Regardless, Shamanism and Druidism have already been expanded on man times already and this feels, in my opinion, to be pushing it over the edge. I get that you want to spread Shamanism or whatever and I understand the Dark Elves getting their own style of it, because they have a lore history of Shamanism (with Veluluai) or what not. Also I may just be under-informed in existing lore but I'm curious as to the origins of the Fae Realm. 

-1 from me.

1 hour ago, HedgeHug said:

Though more interesting are encounters with passed Druii - who have lived in the Fae Realm ever since their departure from the Mortal Plane.

Also, I'd like to see more of an explanation on how exactly this is meant to work.

2 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

Also I may just be under-informed in existing lore but I'm curious as to the origins of the Fae Realm. 

I suggest you read the two links that are in the credits of the lore. Based on this there were previous attempts on giving druids some sort of way to enter this realm one way or another.

Pretty cool. We can have spirit-walking druids. I like it.

Love everything about t, but quick question. Would druids be able to communicate with animals in the eternal forest that have passed on too?

Edited by Merkaken

Yes, love it! <3

I just hope Shamans get a say in this. And trust me, this is NOT what the orcish playerbase wants, or needs.

16 minutes ago, Honor said:

-snip-

Well then it sure is good this isn't a magic intended for the orcish playerbase. Rather something a shaman, such as hedge, could show for druidic use which may later become contained in the druidic community.