Druidism Addition [Feat] Druidic Transcendence

HedgeHug

17 minutes ago, Merkaken said:

It still makes no sense why people think this will take away from shamanism since it isn't shamanism, or even anything to do with the planes that shamanism has. A shaman literally goes up to a Druid and teaches him how to connect to their own (Druid's) plane of the Eternal Forest. Not the ancestral plane or any of that. The eternal forest. Not to mention, orcs and Shamans have from time to time worked together. Even Buubztick said in his death post book that Druidism is the second best form of dirty worship, with shamanism ahead of it (paraphrasing). So the whole "shamans would NEVER help druids" is more of a shaman to shaman thing, not an across the board thing

Sure, that's all reasonable but it isn't a tier list, as I understand. It's more of a 'Yeah, they're wrong but they're still more respectable than Metzli worship or something else'. So no, don't just help them unless it's a necessary thing to do or if you are doing so to cause harm to x (other faction). Right? I hope that makes sense.

I made this vaguely Italian flag to help explain:

81c1ddcaebc21ae214e956bd4b0d845f.png

15 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

Sure, that's all reasonable but the iit isn't a tier list, as I understand. It's more of a 'Yeah, they're wrong but they're still more respectable than Metzli worship or something else'. So no, don't just help them unless it's a necessary thing to do or if you are doing so to cause harm to x (other faction). Right? I hope that makes sense.

And that's fine for a case by case basis, but i doubt all shamans think exactly alike. No ones trying to say "all shamans and druids MUST get along". Obviously not all shamans will want to teach this to druids, and that's fine, that's roleplay. My beef is that people seem to think that for some reason people think that teaching Druids something that originate from Shamanism, but is only shamanism in the sense that the druids spirit is taken to another plane of existence, is going to somehow magically destroy shamanism and the orcish race, and therefore should not exist. Simply because something is a reference or gets is origins from shamanism does not mean interest will destroy shamanism.

On 11/6/2017 at 2:53 AM, Merkaken said:

And that's fine for a case by case basis, but i doubt all shamans think exactly alike. No ones trying to say "all shamans and druids MUST get along". Obviously not all shamans will want to teach this to druids, and that's fine, that's roleplay. My beef is that people seem to think that for some reason people think that teaching Druids something that originate from Shamanism, but is only shamanism in the sense that the druids spirit is taken to another plane of existence, is going to somehow magically destroy shamanism and the orcish race, and therefore should not exist. Simply because something is a reference or gets is origins from shamanism does not mean interest will destroy shamanism.

But when somebody says they want everybody to have a type of Shamanism and they leap from Dark Elves (a group that understandably are related to the spirits) to Druids and tries to teach them a type of Shamanism it raises concern. I don't believe it will drastically destroy the Orcish race, rather that this is a step on the path towards making Shamanism (a core element of Orcish culture) a part of ALL cultures and ultimately destroy a special and important bit of what it means to be an Orc.

you can solve this entire issue by disconnecting the lutaman stuff and essentially doing fae-ring warps without shamanism. it is possible

On 11/6/2017 at 3:07 AM, _Jandy_ said:

But when somebody says they want everybody to have a type of Shamanism and they leap from Dark Elves (a group that understandably are related to the spirits) to Druids and tries to teach them a type of Shamanism it raises concern. I don't believe it will drastically destroy the Orcish race, rather that this is a step on the path towards making Shamanism (a core element of Orcish culture) a part of ALL cultures and ultimately destroy a special and important bit of what it means to be an Orc.

Also, I'd have no issue if it was possible to PK Shamans who go about teaching this to Druids, so that the issue could be solved in RP. But I can't. Once the lore is accepted all it takes is one Lutauman to go rogue and just keep teaching the art, with no way to actually solve such an issue in rp. We can kill the Luta over and over with no result. Once the piece is accepted it has the potential to become a permanent issue that cannot be solved, which is a part of why people are so against lore like this.

Again, idk what to tell you. The problem you're describing happens to literally everyone. Orcs are not special in this respect. Simply saying "no, you can't reference shamanism cuz it's MINE!" Is simply silly. Like I said, if your race dies because someone taught something almost entirely different save for using a shaman technique to do it, your race was going to die regardless.

It isn't in the context of killing our race anymore, it's what makes us unique now. The LT serve to make every race unique, Elves have druidism, Humans have clerics, Dwarves runesmithing. Leave our Shamanism alone, it's what makes us unique.

@Honor except that's not true. Druidism isn't an elf only thing. It might have started with the elves in Aegis, but it's not an elf only thing. Wood elves worship the aspects and hold druids in high regards, but that's about it. Also, clerics is not a human only thing, or even a human centric thing. I have no idea where you're getting either of those from. Runesmithing, I'm not too sure if there are non-dwarves who know it. 

On 11/6/2017 at 3:44 AM, Merkaken said:

@Honor except that's not true. Druidism isn't an elf only thing. It might have started with the elves in Aegis, but it's not an elf only thing. Wood elves worship the aspects and hold druids in high regards, but that's about it. Also, clerics is not a human only thing, or even a human centric thing. I have no idea where you're getting either of those from. Runesmithing, I'm not too sure if there are non-dwarves who know it. 

I was stating how Shamanism makes orcish RP unique, the Spirits, the different planes. If we start branching out we lose more and more of our RP. And alot of it's been stolen already. I see where you're coming from with Druidism and everything else, but why not just get a new RP reason as stated before?

On 11/6/2017 at 3:51 AM, _Jandy_ said:

Unless I misread, he was suggesting a re-write of the lore. Not a disconnection of a Shaman.

I thought he was saying that you can disconnect the shaman if you find out someone's is teaching a non-orc a shaman technique that you can disconnect him but I could very well be misreading it as well

On 11/6/2017 at 3:53 AM, Honor said:

I was stating how Shamanism makes orcish RP unique, the Spirits, the different planes. If we start branching out we lose more and more of our RP. And alot of it's been stolen already. I see where you're coming from with Druidism and everything else, but why not just get a new RP reason as stated before?

Like I said, nothing is being stolen. A lutaman is helping a Druid connect to a completely separate plane of existence from anything relating to shamanism. The only thing that is being drawn from Shamanism in this lore is that it's using a lutaman technique. That's it. Druids aren't becoming shamans

On 11/6/2017 at 5:21 AM, Merkaken said:

I thought he was saying that you can disconnect the shaman if you find out someone's is teaching a non-orc a shaman technique that you can disconnect him but I could very well be misreading it as well

Like I said, nothing is being stolen. A lutaman is helping a Druid connect to a completely separate plane of existence from anything relating to shamanism. The only thing that is being drawn from Shamanism in this lore is that it's using a lutaman technique. That's it. Druids aren't becoming shamans

You did misread. This addition is not needed because it treads on way too many toes to achieve its purpose. Simply re-writing this to just grant druids the ability to do fae-ring lutamancy would be fine. There doesn't have to be any inclusion of a shaman in the works and honestly they can be completely removed from the equation.

Shamans and druids alike will screech at how bad this is for both of them, especially shamans since they literally rely on the magic to supply the race with Rp as a whole (honestly a lol but that's a topic for another time.)

just can this lore or remove the shaman teaching, grant the technique and have it become a feat within druidic connection to enter the Fae Realm.

5 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

You did misread. This addition is not needed because it treads on way too many toes to achieve its purpose. Simply re-writing this to just grant druids the ability to do fae-ring lutamancy would be fine. There doesn't have to be any inclusion of a shaman in the works and honestly they can be completely removed from the equation.

Shamans and druids alike will screech at how bad this is for both of them, especially shamans since they literally rely on the magic to supply the race with Rp as a whole (honestly a lol but that's a topic for another time.)

just can this lore or remove the shaman teaching, grant the technique and have it become a feat within druidic connection to enter the Fae Realm.

Fair enough. However, I still fail to see how this takes anything at all away from Shamanism save for a shaman teaching someone how they connect to THEIR plane. Druids won't be going to the ancestral plane of the orcs, or the elemental plane, or control anything aside from plants and animals. 

It would be wise to disconnect your lore from people who seem to have a real hate-boner for elves ngl

I was never fond of the Shaman-Druid interaction ordeal that had gone down awhile back and I'm of the opinion that Druids need to stick to their own guns in matters like communing and interacting with the Fae Realm. Good work, though.

10 hours ago, Sky said:

B) This lore will single-handedly make the orcs constantly raid and kill druids.

I will reply to this statement alone and not to the statements linking to this one. In simple terms: this is all left to roleplay as this doesn't have anything to do with the lore itself and everything with social in character interactions. The foundation of the lore and mechanics are by default non-shamanic by nature, and in technicallity there can be some convoluted way how druids can learn this ability. The means depicted through shamanic help are merely a way of achieving this without 'conjuring' up a way as to how this can be brought to roleplay and, god forbid, promote roleplay to be done between groups that aren't from the same type.

There is no reason why orcs should suddenly start raiding the druids after this lore gets accepted because of obvious meta reasons. Only the first few druii will be nearled the Feat by a shaman after which this skill is distributed amongst yourselves. The only reason this bit is  added is for roleplay diversity and to promote interaction between these groups after the Unison bit.

20 hours ago, Merkaken said:

Would druids be able to communicate with animals in the eternal forest that have passed on too?

I don't see why not! This seems like a creative addition and I will not rule out that this is possible.

10 hours ago, Honor said:

Hedge was a shaman, now he's just an Elf-lover with our magic. There is NO reason for elves to delve into orcish magic, as they have their own lore and their own RP.

Based upon this comment I'll be neglecting any further criticisms and feedback coming from you as a "orc playerbase representative". It's evident that you have an inherent problem with anything I produce so long as it doesn't favor orcs and or relates shamanism to anything else bu the orcish race.

10 hours ago, Honor said:

On a side note, the Spirits hate the Aspects, why the **** would they not kill any Druid that walks in the three planes?

It's evident you have no understanding on shamanic / spiritual lore.

5 hours ago, zaezae said:

It would be wise to disconnect your lore from people who seem to have a real hate-boner for elves ngl

The very fact that hate boners for elves as a race can be seen as critisism for druidic lore (a magic held by any known descendant right now.. pretty much ...) is idiotic.