[✗] 6.0 Event Creature: The Breath of Ramakhet

Smaw

The Breath of Ramakhet

5f4b57d14361673501a58725aec5fb4a.png

Perhaps upon the vast palette of Spirits that meddle in our realm, the most interesting is the one in open rebellion to all others. One that would paint a picture of a landscape worn only by the pestle of time, and not by the influence of living things.

Indeed, where many Spirits hunger for attention and power, there is one that serves as an antithesis. Ramakhet, the Immortal Spirit of Deserts, Barren Lands and Sand has pledged its existence to eradicating all life from the mortal realm. It wants not the focus of mere men, nor the reverence of Elves. It does not require the trinkets of Dwarves or the sacrifice of Orcs. Instead, it requires nothing; in the most literal sense.

For a Spirit, the concept of time can be a difficult one to fathom. In the Immortal realms, such a notion does not exist, and certainly has no influence over them. For this reason, it is not enough for Ramakhet to wait. This is why The Breath of Ramakhet exist, creatures of staunch will that wander the wastes of the world.

They are incapable of speech, and in many ways of thought as well. There is only one focus that spurns from their existence: destruction.

57ad61114d5fb50acb9531581a6f524c.jpg

Comprised entirely of sand, these reticent entities walk the wastelands in droves. The reason for their emergence is usually due to high activity in an area, and they will destroy everything in their path. Ramakhet does not want even a signature of life upon its blank canvas, and will have buildings, plants, animals and descendants torn apart without relent or guilt.

These creatures have direct control over the sand that comprises them, and that around them. For all intents and purposes, they are considered well versed in Elementalism and can perform feats far beyond the capacity of Shamans. However, like all things, these entities have weaknesses that have held them at bay. They are very susceptible to air elementalism and evocation, and fire will cause them to crystalise into inactivity.

Edited by Smaw

remind me of a 2012 creature, I dig THESE

I love it, but if it's just a plain ol' event creature, shouldn't it be in the creature index?

+1 overall though

5 hours ago, GrimReaper98 said:

remind me of a 2012 creature, I dig THESE

I'm interested in what this is, but the link doesn't seem to work for me. Any alternative?

On 11/14/2017 at 2:35 PM, Smaw said:

has pledged its existence to eradicating all life from the mortal realm.

When people complain about antags motivation such as the above are usually something the community objects to.

I can see the theme you are going with here, and I'm not opposed. But without the appropriate level of depth there's a significant risk that players will resent the one-dimensionality. Previous antags have been retconned for this reason.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:37 PM, Sporadic said:

When people complain about antags motivation such as the above are usually something the community objects to.

I can see the theme you are going with here, and I'm not opposed. But without the appropriate level of depth there's a significant risk that players will resent the one-dimensionality. Previous antags have been retconned for this reason.

Ramakhet has depth, (and wasn't created by me, might I add) but I didn't go into it because I don't think it generally needs to be here as a creature submission.

This is a brief explanation from Food in a Skype chat:

"Or'ta created original Dark Shamanism from excerpts of Dom's diaries, aided in part by the rogue Spirit Ramakhet, who was later banished for his part and forced to destroy all mortal life for the power he gave them over the Spirits (ie True Names)"

Edited by Smaw

Thank you for submitting your piece, unfortunately it has been denied. The piece was a nice preface, but it lacks a lot in terms of the creature itself and only briefly goes over its capabilities/weaknesses. In addition, some of the team is hesitant on another antagonistic creature that just wants to destroy everything in its path w/ no other purpose. I realize you mentioned in a reply that Ramakhet has depth, but said depth is not reflected in the actual piece presented here. 

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.