Sea Dwarf Subrace Lore Proposal

6xdestroyer

If I recall back in the day Dwarfs had a Antagonist that were also Dwarfs but they were kinda seabased dwarfs.. I forgot their name..  

Pretty good idea, though in the end if this gets rejected you always have the option to stick it to the LT and do it anyways because it doesn't technically need acceptance

27 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

Tears of joy do tend to be very loud yes

*Yes, tears of joy tend to be very loud. 

31 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

Sentence better

No, you sentence better.  :)

Great addition to the lore. It's about time this race be added into our lore. They've been around for some time and it wouldn't hurt to give more options to new clans. +1 from me

Sounds more like a culture than a subrace to me, but still interesting. I suggest you speak to Tristan and Deckion, they were playing Brinejaws which were literally sea dwarves like you describe.

4 hours ago, Raomir said:

Cave and Mountain Dwarves were the same until one group started living in the caves and the other atop mountains. Sea Dwarves were Mountain Dwarves that got lost out in the sea and as a result adapted their lifestyles as such. I don't see your point.

If this doesn't change anything physically, it should be made into a culture, Cave Dwarves and Mountain Dwarves have a lot of physical differences.

I recall a similiar sort of responses in regards to Snow Elves.

1 hour ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

I'm all for a culture of sea-faring dwarves but I don't think it needs to be a subrace. Like others have said, subrace implies a key genetic/physical difference from normal dwarves.

While certain aspects are culture-oriented, the Sea Dwarf differs physically from the other dwarven races, as it is lighter in weight, paler in skin tone, and is more adept on the sea, meaning they are less likely to inherit traits that increase the risk of seasickness and scurvy.

44 minutes ago, Chaotikal said:

If this doesn't change anything physically, it should be made into a culture, Cave Dwarves and Mountain Dwarves have a lot of physical differences.

If you read carefully the characteristics subsection, you will see that they differ from their kin races in multiple aspects.

24 minutes ago, InfamousGerman said:

culture not a subrace

pretty cool idea though hope to see it grow further 

Thanks, but please see my responses to previous "its not a subrace its a culture"