"The Ceasing Restrained"; A New Chapter For Elfkind

excited

Elberu’cinhir: Adherents of the Bronze Law

tumblr_mw10agcuCL1ri1r1uo1_1280.jpg

The Ceasing Restrained

First formally organized by Asthil Haumel for the defense of Lin’ame, the idea of the Ceasing Restrained (Restrained for short) has endured for nigh on a century now. Bronze Elves are hardly warriors in the traditional sense, they do not fight for wealth, fame or grandeur -- they fight for duty, sacrifice and to protect their heritage. This is exemplified in the Code of the Elberu’cinhir written by Haumel, which lays the foundations for the physical and philosophical ideals of the Ceasing Restrained.

Code of Elberu’cinhir

I. All the grief that Elvenkind has endured can be attributed to either compromising the safety of the home by letting in the depraved, or the lack of self-control exhibited on part of the Elves responsible for the safety of the city. To commit an insane act is to be insane, the Restrained must protect Elven folk from violence and insanity internally or externally at any cost. The enemy is vile. The enemy is deranged and irrational.

II. A lack of self-control can be cured; you counter Turmoil with Restraint. The Beru’cinhir are the embodiment of Restraint, acting to preserve the decency of Elfkind while possessing immense self-control. All Elves should aspire to thwart Turmoil and act as the Beru’cinhir do. The enemy can be conquered. To win the war within is to instill resolve in allies and dread within the enemy.

III. Conflict is an indulgement, service on the field is no excuse to lose your inner strength. Restrained must not shout while fighting, to shout is to dishonor your battle brothers. Conflict is hell and there is no place for Elves who worship hell. The enemy is insidious. To lose the war within is to be defeated by the enemy.

Goal

The first and foremost goal of the Elberu’cinhir is to convert Elves to the orthodoxy of the Bronze Law while striving to overthrow the corrupt and inept Dominion of Malin. The second is to safeguard the Aspectist creed from the infidels who’d seek to dismantle the faith and make the Dominion a state without a formally recognized religion. 

Hierarchy

Annilir

Incumbent: Kairn of Leyulin (Veist)

The leader of the Restrained charged with keeping the Bronze Law and ridding the land of turmoil. Translation: “One who Directs”.

Halerir

Incumbent: Elwyn of Trost

The most capable soldiers make fine officers for the Restrained. They oversee enforcement of the Bronze Law and guide the troops while also serving as guards to the Annilir. Translation: “One who is Oathed”.

Beru’cinhir

The backbone of the military is the soldiers, or the Beru’cinhir. There would be no military without them, the footmen. Oathed Beru’cinhir are recognized as formal members of the Restrained and are afforded great respect, renowned for their talent on the battlefield and their strict adherence to Bronze Law.

Sil’enaer
Soldiers who are not considered formal members of the Elberu’cinhir.  They can be of any race. Translation: “Guest Sword”.

Initiate

The untested Mali who must still prove their virtue to the Halerir or Annilir. Prospective soldiers who are still being trained and given tasks by the upper echelons of the Restrained.

Application

Name:

((MCname)):

((Discord ID, this can be PMed to me alternatively)):

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword":

What skill do you possess in martial combat?:

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?:

Sources: 

Mali'ito Elberun'tir

Elberu'cinhir: "The Ceasing Restrained"

Based on the works of PtahWithin and CosmicWhaleshark

Reserved.

Application

Name:

Vesryn Illiathor

((MCname)):

_Sug

You have it. 

Mali'thill

Longsword and Polearm 

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?:

Yes.

4 hours ago, The Redneck said:

Application

Name:

Vesryn Illiathor

((MCname)):

_Sug

You have it. 

Mali'thill

Longsword and Polearm 

Yes.

Kairn sits before his desk, beginning to pen a letter in respose.

Dear Vesryn Illiathor, I shall be admitting you to the Restrained as an Initiate. I expect great things from you, it is rare to come across an Elf who can use a polearm so I have no doubt you will be a valuable member of our organization.

Signed, Kairn of Leyulin, Annilir of the Ceasing Restrained, Prince of Leyulin, Leatherback Druid

Name: Greiret Elverhilin

((MCname)): ElkKnight

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": Yes, I am of mali blood.

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: Years of swordplay.

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?: Yes.

4 minutes ago, Elk said:

Name: Greiret Elverhilin

((MCname)): ElkKnight

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": Yes, I am of mali blood.

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: Years of swordplay.

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?: Yes.

Kairn pens a letter, splotching some ink on his desk by accident but proceeding nonetheless. 

Dear Greiret Elverhilin, it is my pleasure to inform you that you've been admitted to the Ceasing Restrained as an Initiate. Serve well and with dignity, your years of swordplay will be considered a beneficial asset to our organization.

Signed, Kairn of Leyulin, Annilir of the Ceasing Restrained, Prince of Leyulin, Leatherback Druid

Name: Atlas

((MCname)): Trenchist

((Discord ID, this can be PMed to me alternatively)): alexi firestorm 3 Von ArcaneFox#0880

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": Yes

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: Magic

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?: Yes

1 minute ago, Trenchist said:

Name: Atlas

((MCname)): Trenchist

((Discord ID, this can be PMed to me alternatively)): alexi firestorm 3 Von ArcaneFox#0880

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": Yes

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: Magic

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?: Yes

Dear Atlas, your skill with Magic is appreciated and you will be added to the Elberu'cinhir as a "Guest Sword" as we further evaluate you and your abilities. Welcome to our organization!

Name:

((MCname)):HurferDurfer

((Discord ID, this can be PMed to me alternatively)): HurferDurfer

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": Elf

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: Swordsman, used to hunting beasts.

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?: Surely

Name: Arin

((MCname)): ggteixeira

((Discord ID, this can be PMed to me alternatively)): no

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": yea  half elf

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: bastard half wood elf son of Jacque de felsen

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?: yea ok

15 minutes ago, The Combatant said:

Name: Arin

((MCname)): ggteixeira

((Discord ID, this can be PMed to me alternatively)): no

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": yea  half elf

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: bastard half wood elf son of Jacque de felsen

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?: yea ok

Dear Arin, you have been admitted as a "Guest Sword". Eth'hiyem Thrur'sae.

Name:Michael

((MCname)):Ser_Feodor_Henry

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword":yes

What skill do you possess in martial combat?:Swordsmanship

The Code of Elberu'cinhir is essential to understanding the role and responsibility of a Restrained. Have you read and familiarized yourself with them?:Yes

Application

Name: Jordan

((MCname)): Arhbi

((Discord ID, this can be PMed to me alternatively)): Arhbi#2602

Are you an Elf? If not you will be considered a "Guest Sword": No

What skill do you possess in martial combat?: I'm familiar with the use of a longsword & bastard sword