RNC 4: My Favorite Flavor is Vanilla

Sporadic

In an ideal world we could have people gain more mechanical prowess in things by roleplaying the training and practicing of that skill.

Or course, this is unlikely to happen as it would take ages to code and people would abuse the system.

6 minutes ago, DPM said:

What the ****

I'll try to reword it to not offend anyone but I've previously stated my opinion on a Fringe PvP environment and that opinion hasn't really changed. But we as a team are willing to launch 6.0 this way and see where it goes.

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, DPM said:

What the ****

Yh dude no one wants to listen to YOU

I think the fix is pretty simple go back to the good old days of Auslon and Anthos.. Where diamond, alchemy and enchants where all banned.. Iron for the win. No buffs extra.

Edited by Sultan

27 minutes ago, Sporadic said:

I'll admit I am very skeptical about this kind of setup and the possible precedent that this baseline might set for future updates, so the best thing for you all to do is to be excellent to each other and prove me wrong.

The baseline and precedent of a balanced, low grind system Yeah that seems real bad if u ask me... [/sarcasm]

Edited by Freischarler

1 minute ago, Sultan said:

I think the fix is pretty simple go back to the good old days of Auslon and Anthos.. Where Diamond, alchemy and enchants where all banned.. Iron for the win. 

that's what he said he was doing.

and asulon had dia anyway.

7 minutes ago, Sultan said:

I think the fix is pretty simple go back to the good old days of Auslon and Anthos.. Where diamond, alchemy and enchants where all banned.. Iron for the win. No buffs extra.

Yes but Asulon had diamond armor and alchemy had just come out and there wasn't a plugin handle for it.

I've grown more or less numb to the "good old days" argument after people have been using it for 5 maps trying to find he Perfect Regioning System. Nostalgia and partial recollection lead to bad judgment calls. If you'll look back to threads of that time you'll see the "good old days" are dominated by complaints about 100 unarmed/100 axe goons and RP/PvP default bickering.

20 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

In an ideal world we could have people gain more mechanical prowess in things by roleplaying the training and practicing of that skill.

Or course, this is unlikely to happen as it would take ages to code and people would abuse the system.

Looking back on my own post, I think this might actually be possible if we make it like the current system of magic applications we have. Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Looking back on my own post, I think this might actually be possible if we make it like the current system of magic applications we have. Thoughts?

Has been considered but we'd need to get the manpower from somewhere.

1 minute ago, Sporadic said:

Has been considered but we'd need to get the manpower from somewhere.

Good point, that’s a major downside.

53 minutes ago, Sporadic said:

I don't believe a minimal vanilla pvp setup is our end game; the lore of LotC is too far advanced for that, and we want to implement mechanical representations of things people have achieved through character development.

This is the type of thinking that got us into this situation to begin with. Do not begin tampering with the vanilla that people want.