[✓] Shades

Fitermon

Evocress, your concerns are noted and will be discussed.

Ha, goodluck LTS.

fifty ******* pages

I have to read all this...

- why the **** is there so much about goddamn shade animals
- why is all your text bolded fix this you formatting inept animal

3 hours ago, Avacyn said:

- why the **** is there so much about goddamn shade animals
- why is all your text bolded fix this you formatting inept animal

PERRIN YOU CAN't JUST SAY THAT

I've not read through the entire thing yet but I've made it to the flame section. I don't agree with adding a directly anti-holy magic such as this amongst such an already fleshed out subtype. It seems like something the resonant knights should have, not shades. I don't quite like that.

Edit: I have since read the rest. So here's what else I ask or mention.

Also Druids seem to be getting a lot of the short stick here. I understand not being able to fix people, but surely blight healing could heal an animal with the shade curse.

Why do you have mention of Foretakers/Daeva using non-shade magics slower if earlier in the piece it mentions you must use all 5 slots to shadedom to even become a Foretaker? Meaning, shouldn't they not have other magics anyway?

As holy wards are it's effectively burning at impurities that walk through them. At some point in this you mentioned shades are harmed by holy magic, but in the Foretaker section mention they are only harmed by wards while in dark form. Which one is it?

mmmmm yes. This some good **** right here mhm mhm

12 hours ago, Gladuos said:

I've not read through the entire thing yet but I've made it to the flame section. I don't agree with adding a directly anti-holy magic such as this amongst such an already fleshed out subtype. It seems like something the resonant knights should have, not shades. I don't quite like that.

Edit: Also Druids seem to be getting a lot of the short stick here. I understand not being able to fix people, but surely blight healing could heal an animal with the shade curse.

Caliginous flame is only an ability utilized by shade fathers and foretakers. Not only that it's something that said shades have to give up 3 magic slots to use. 

As for druids getting the 'short stick' I was under the assumption that they couldn't heal something unholy which is amber, correct me if I'm wrong though. It's one thing for them to heal blighted land which has to do with life force, it's another to purify tainted mana or a soul. 

56 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Calignous flame is only an ability utilized by shade fathers and foretakers. Not only that it's something that said shades have to give up 3 magic slots to use. 

As for druids getting the 'short stick' I was under the assumption that they couldn't heal something unholy which is amber, correct me if I'm wrong though. It's one thing for them to heal blighted land which has to do with life force, it's another to purify tainted mana or a soul. 

Druids can most definitely heal animals of various forms of corruption through blight healing. Blight healing is an abstract magic meant to correct any form of unnatural twisting magics on both life from nature and landscapes. This goes beyond just lifeforce tainted land. They would never be able to use it on regular people though.

And yes despite the drawbacks shades can already do many things, I think such a directly anti-holy ability should be reserved for the magic which is primarily about that. Being strength of the abyss.

Edit: Should also mention druidic blight healing can't be used as anti-magic or something. It can only try correcting unholy magics after it is blighting natural lands or animals/plants. So they can't just blight heal away your control over amber tendrils or other spells normally.

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

Fair enough, thanks for correcting me. It should be noted though by communing it'll cause issues for said druid. I would assume though this wouldn't extend to Ambercrafting as it's not nature. 

As for caliginous flame only a select few will have the ability to use it and said shades will have to give up multiple other magics just to go be able to use it. Can't really say much more on it than that. I think it's balanced imo but we'll see what others have to say as well. 

16 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Fair enough, thanks for correcting me. It should be noted though by communing it'll cause issues for said druid. I would assume though this wouldn't extend to Ambercrafting as it's not nature.

As for calignous flame only a select few will have the ability to use it and said shades will have to give up multiple other magics just to go be able to use it. Can't really say much more on it than that. I think it's balanced imo but we'll see what others have to say as well.

Of course, a Druid would sense the dread an animal is going through but they should be able to correct the issues with enough power. Ambercrafting yeah I imagine it wouldn't do anything unless it was being directly harmful to stuff around it somehow. It would be something to debate about.

The caliginous flame just seems too outright powerful if it should even exist at all. Something that hurts holy users just for being connected to a deity as much as their magic could hurt a spook? When under most circumstances a holy magic doesn't hurt a dark user for using dark magics? I mean, even the magic which was directly about anti-holy magic doesn't directly hurt holies commonly. Why add something even more powerful than that amidst SO many other abilities? I don't like it, that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Not to mention resonant knights are incapable of using any other magics, which is potentially even worse than what is suggested as the drawback for caliginous flame stated here.

EDIT EDIT: Which honestly I understand the want to make anti-holy based magics, but the way lore is... It never really made sense to me. Holy magic is meant to be the direct antithesis to dark magics, so it should realistically protect them more than a normal person against such forces. And whereas dark magics overall are able to really mess up normal people in a most advantageous way.

Sorry for all the ranting, just trying to get my thoughts out there. I wish good luck to the lore otherwise, hopefully things are sorted out right for everyone to agree on.