The Reichwald Greatswords

Mullraugh

YC0BaIn.jpgTHE REICHWALD GREATSWORDS

Sergeant Klaus von Krieger is in search of able-bodied and mature Waldenian men to join a superb Regiment of Renown, a Company of Cynosure, the Reichwald Greatswords. You must be at least the age of five-and-twenty and have prior experience in a military or guard force. Members must be human and male, and are required to have either a large, waxed moustache or a beard. Waldenian men are prefered but other lesser cultures are accepted. Volunteers must be in good health and know how to fight, swindle, or bully their way out of stressful situations. Gambling, drinking and whoring is permitted while not on sentry. You must be comfortable living in tents like real soldiers, instead of a comfortable, prissy fort or castle that gets abandoned after a few years of inactivity. 

The Reichwald Greatswords is an elite mercenary free company that distinguishes itself by its soldiers' skill with greatswords such as the Zweihander or Flamberge. Contracts and bounties may be offered by political leaders, nobility, the Church, or wealthy individuals who require protection or soldiers at their disposal. Half of the contract's agreed upon payment will be given to each soldier up front, the other half given after the contract is complete - unless a full-time arrangement is made with the contractor. 

Upon joining the company, a new member will undergo two months of initiation and re-familiarization with basic soldiering skills, camp routine, and the use and maintenance of various weapons and equipment. During this phase, the member will wear the same general outfit as the other senior men, but will not have the privilege of wearing a hat badge or feathers on his tellerbarett - the standard beret-like hat of the company.

After the new member's indoctrination phase is complete, he will then be given the honour of wearing a hat badge and feathers, and will also be given his first greatsword, which he will train with until the day he retires or dies. At this point, the member shall be welcomed into the company as a Doppelsöldner, an official member of the Reichwald Greatswords.

OOC INFORMATION

Wikipedia Link: https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=The_Reichwald_Greatswords

Due to how busy I often am, the application process will mostly be done via skype or in PMs here on the forums until I find someone willing to help me out with recruitment. But please feel free to submit applications, comments or RP below if you don't wanna use skype or discord, or need to up your post count - I'll definitely read them and reply for the first few days!

-Skype is Mullraugh

-Discord is Mullraugh#9233

If you're wanting to join this, I highly recommend that you create a new character that fits the requirements set in the in-character portion of this thread there's no need to ACTUALLY have experience in other armies or guilds on the server, so long as you just RP that you do. If you do this, I will be happy to create a custom head for your character and even add some personal flair to your uniform and skin upon request, so long as it looks and feels similar to the rest of the uniforms. My goal is to have everyone look generally the same, but actually have no two skins alike uniform-wise; much like I did with the Switzers. 

The inspiration for this Company draws from both 15th-16th century German Landsknecht mercenaries and the Warhammer Fantasy universe (though I don't know much about it), especially the uniforms. If you're interested in either of these, this is a good place to be!

The primary goal of this group is to provide high-quality, fun and enjoyable military-style roleplay with camp routine and even a bit of real life personal development classes, such as simple map-and-compass navigation and such. When there's no RP around, I plan on taking you fellows out into the woods and stuff to do basic soldiering skill exercises and, of course, Roleplay and PVP combat training!

I hope to see this group succeed a bit better than my other attempts at mercenary companies - if you think you have some great mineman leadership skills and administration skills, I'd be happy to place you up in the ranks so long as you perform!

Here's some screenshots and photos of the uniforms that we'll be wearing.

d2nbQEq.png Z29FaD7.png 4lBlpHt.png

xvSELyz.jpg GKfHORg.jpgU7ai7dB.jpg

APPLICATION

OOC

Username:

How active are you usually?:

You ok with using Skype?:

IC

Name:

Race and Culture:

Social Status:

Military History:

Thanks folks,

Mullraugh.

OOC

Username: Daddy_Warbucks_

How active are you usually?: Weekends

You ok with using Skype?: Yes

IC

Name: Kurt Kruger

Race and Culture: Human, Waldenian

Social Status: Commoner

Military History: Ex Legionare.

Edited by Birdnerdy

Just now, Birdnerdy said:

OOC

Username: Daddy_Warbucks_

How active are you usually?: Weekends

IC

Name: Kurt Kruger

Military History: Born a tanner, I seek now to enter military service. 

Accepted fella. Send me a message on skype.

OOC

Username: Zombiefide

How active are you usually?: All the god damn time

You ok with using Skype?: Of course

IC

Name: Willow

Race and Culture: Heartlander, Many Cultures, Nercolyte

Social Status: Champion of Caminus. Queens Guard of Caminus. Steward of Norland (Maybe?). Undead Loyalist 

Military History: Norlandic Pvp Goon. 

9 minutes ago, Zombiefide said:

OOC

Username: Zombiefide

How active are you usually?: All the god damn time

IC

Name: Willow

Race and Culture: Heartlander, Many Cultures, Nercolyte

Social Status: Champion of Caminus. Queens Guard of Caminus. Steward of Norland (Maybe?). Undead Loyalist 

Military History: Norlandic Pvp Goon. 

I'd love to have you aboard but we don't hire women. 

Feel free to make a new character and use your alt, I have no requirements for how often you play - it can be a drop-in drop-out kinda side thing if you'd like.

OOC

Username: llyrios

How active are you usually?: Most of the day

IC

Name: Valentino al-Zabaan

Race and Culture: Human (Farfolk)

Social Status: Peasant

Military History: None to date

2 minutes ago, llyrios said:

OOC

Username: llyrios

How active are you usually?: Most of the day

IC

Name: Valentino al-Zabaan

Race and Culture: Human (Farfolk)

Social Status: Peasant

Military History: None to date

Accepted, welcome to the company.

OOC

Username: Pigz_Might_Fly

How active are you usually?: At least once a day

IC

Name: Wilhelm von Knyphausen

Military History: A fair amount, mostly with Oren.

1 minute ago, Pigs_Might_Fly said:

OOC

Username: Pigz_Might_Fly

How active are you usually?: At least once a day

IC

Name: Wilhelm von Knyphausen

Military History: A fair amount, mostly with Oren.

yeah accepted. message me in skype or something and I'll get you the uniform.