[✗] The Twelve Doors of Krugmas

Elindor

This 'event proposal' is my idea drop. The scale of this is unrealistic and I have no expectations that it could be achieved at its most awesome level in the current timeframe, however scale down or leave it for next year. If a team of Event people really wanted to run with this, something could be put together in time though. I believe in you. What is important in this event is reminiscence as an opportunity to invite past players back to the server, even if only for a few days, anticipating that some will convert to playing again. So the event setup is just as important as keeping players informed about what is to come, particularly in the form of a mailout to all email addresses of LotC forum accounts. @Tythus probably needs to be on board for that to happen. Hence the intentional tie in to this time of year as distanced past players won't mind so much being invited to take a look at LotC again if its a festive celebration of our past.

12 Days of Christmas
The concept is super simple. Every day there is something new to take a look at. Its like an LotC advent calendar. The IG setup is the sudden appearance of a mushroom house which has little inside it but many locked doors that appear not to lead anywhere. 12 to be precise. And at a designated time each day one of the doors closes and another opens, revealing a portal traversing space and time. Each day players can come and travel through that day's portal to a multiverse location. Some suggestions for destination will come later.

An explanation is not entirely neccessary, though in this community it it usually sought after. So I'll happily get specific using someone that I know well, Elindor The Volatile. However a wizard from another realm altogether could be used instead, as Rasmot was introduced all that time ago. Seen as a return for me is at about 1% likelihood, this is a good opportunity for me to explain away what's happenned. Elindor dissappeared some time ago to traverse through time and space to another moment in the Universe which he believes requires him. Note: I have been playing Elindor as wholly believing himself to have travelled forwards through time previously, but in a manner as to call into question his grip upon reality. If LT decide that there is no way ever for someone to move through time, that's cool.

[Stole this pic from an amazing artist on pinterest. I have no regrets]

Image result for zany fantasy wizard

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~
Once a scholar, teacher, winemaker; a master of minds continued to press upon the boundaries of magical possibility, ever challenging the Void to rend his form assunder in an effort to overcome Time. Thrusting himself through centuries in an instant, the highly fortified mind of Elindor began to fragment. The wizard clung to memories with vivacious desperation in a bid to claw back his identity. His hermitage abode progressively reflected the intentional compartmentalising of his own consciousness, housing little more than bookshelves and doors. Until his will could withhold no longer and he abandoned his home to once again become a philosophical wanderer. Inexplicably the mushroom hideaway appeared out of the Void without any trace of its inhabitant. A sign hung upon the door reading "Merry Krugmas".

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Twelve Doors
Each door contains a portal that leads to a location within 'memory'. These can be memories of past and future, as the timeline Elindor was last in may be centuries in the distance. So not every area would need to be from a past map, but obviously having many of them honouring the past of LotC creates a warm nostalgic vibe. Perhaps the last door could be a snapshot of a future realm...? Whether the portal is transporting travellers across realms (and through time) to a past location, or if the area has just been created like a vivid memory is not fully explainable. But every area is absent of the original inhabitants. It might be interesting to throw in an event creature or dragon here or there too. But mostly the intention would be to copy memorable areas from old maps and allow our players to explore them once again (or for the first time). The area sizes should be limited so as not to ditract too much from the server's normal roleplay.

In terms of locations, AlKhazar in Aegis was very important to Elindor's emotional past. Aside from that I really don't mind where the other doors go. Practically just use whatever maps there is easy access to old backup files for.

Clearing out this forum; repost if you're still interested in this.