The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Fitermon

Soul Puppetry OOC Rules

4 posts in this topic

Soul Puppetry OOC Rule Amendments

As a quick announcement, all Soul Puppeteers are required to do the following when using the magic due to a recent spike of issues regarding puppet creation, use over time, and other situations the Magic sect of the Lore Team has gotten reports of. While it may be tedious to do this, Soul Puppetry is a rather uniquemagic that can cause issues if not properly done and documented, so some documentation is now required. While nothing official has to be submitted to the Magic Team when the magic is being done, this is required to have on-hand at the request of the Soul Puppeter to provide such to the Magic Team or player(s) involved with the magic, be it the caster, teacher, or victim.

Here are the new requirements to be documented when the magic is used.

1. When a new puppet is made, tell the player that was puppeted that they were. In addition to this, state what kind of puppet it is and how long it will last.

2. Soul Puppeters must mark their puppets better to avoid issues of he-said-she-said when RP occurs. When one is made, the description of the item must be edited to include the type of puppet, who it is of, and the ingredients used to create it. After, an MT member can sign it to prove it was made at a certain time and date.

3. When the ingredients are being collected and used, the Soul Puppeter must take a screenshot verifying the collection of the ingredients as well as the time and date when they are collected.

Note: Puppets only need to be signed if they will last more than 3 days OOCly, as shorter times are more common and may grow irritating to have to be dealt with constantly. Furthermore, if a puppet is reusable, the MT and SPer can simply get the item replaced at the best convenience to prevent needless wastes of time.

While we do not intend to cause too much tedious paperwork for players using magic, recent issues have pressed the team’s hand to take at least some action. If the issue resolves itself, then this new guideline may be removed, but until then it will be a requirement for Soul Puppetry.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me on Discord at Fitermon#5365, on the forums, or in-game.

A rebuttal if I can claim one. 

1. When a new puppet is made, tell the player that was puppeted that they were. In addition to this, state what kind of puppet it is and how long it will last.

This, the puppet will only need to be specified if it goes over the allocated time-limit that the puppeteer can handle. Eg: A T5 puppeteer can hold a connection up to a week. If it is made into a 'life puppet' then it is then needed to be told to the individual. 

2. Soul Puppeters must mark their puppets better to avoid issues of he-said-she-said when RP occurs. When one is made, the description of the item must be edited to include the type of puppet, who it is of, and the ingredients used to create it. After, an MT member can sign it to prove it was made at a certain time and date.

I can get along with this, in the rewrite it states a physical MC item is required for a puppet. However, the issue I bring mostly is soul puppetry has two factors of puppets;

Basic puppets, these puppets are generic on what the person looks like. It just follows a race and big physical alterations such as if a limb was missing. These puppets can be reused.

Specific puppets, these are puppets that have to look 100% like the person so having this signed with the persons details would be fine. 

3. When the ingredients are being collected and used, the Soul Puppeter must take a screenshot verifying the collection of the ingredients as well as the time and date when they are collected.

This is going to be hard to regulate. I recommend disbanding this rule.

---

My recommendation; 

Change the rules to as follows;

• When a puppet is made, if it goes over the allocated time the connection can persist,  such as a life puppet, itis required to let the person know that you're doing this.

• When a puppet is created, basic, specific, life puppets are to be recorded with a description of what ingredients are used in the puppet. After, an MT member can sign the item to prove it was made. If anything but a basic puppet is created you are required to put the persons name in the description to prove it was accepted on a certain time and date.

5 hours ago, Evocress said:

This, the puppet will only need to be specified if it goes over the allocated time-limit that the puppeteer can handle. Eg: A T5 puppeteer can hold a connection up to a week. If it is made into a 'life puppet' then it is then needed to be told to the individual. 

I don't really mess with this type of magic so my opinion probably matters little, but, from any smart magic-fearing person I have a question:

Why not instead just state the time? For if you at least state the time then you won't be worried about people powergaming the time and having it been expired long after the fake, powergamy, time of expiration.

Edited by HortonHeardAWho

4 hours ago, HortonHeardAWho said:

Why not instead just state the time? For if you at least state the time then you won't be worried about people powergaming the time and having it been expired long after the fake, powergamy, time of expiration.

Each rank of soul puppetry has time allocated to it by connection,  a T1 can hold a connection for a hour. However usually 9 times out of 10. That's all you need. I've had the magic for several years and even though at t5 I can hold the connection for a week, I've only possibly have kept a connection for a few hours on very few people. When the rp is done the connection is over. 

This is how most people use the magic also.

So that's why I propose only needing to specify time if it goes over the allocated limit for the mage.