[✓] [Arcane] [Magic] Voidal Shifting Additions

Mr. Etan

Are you able to shift objects past gates, glass, etc? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

3 minutes ago, jyecarson said:

Are you able to shift objects past gates, glass, etc? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

I'd imagine not for the same reason you cant shift yourself

1 hour ago, Fury_Fire said:

I'd imagine not for the same reason you cant shift yourself

You would be correct!

>Gets material shifting
>Gets alchemical fire bottle/warded brick/runic stone/bottle of acid or poison
>material shifts item over enemy
>Wins

Really makes you think

3 hours ago, SodaiKamikaze said:

>Gets material shifting
>Gets alchemical fire bottle/warded brick/runic stone/bottle of acid or poison
>material shifts item over enemy
>Wins

Really makes you think

Thats all already a thing you can do eith voidal translocation. in the lore voidal shifting is kinda like a repurposed translocation. Since its not a problem with translocation i doubt itd be a problem with voidal shifting as well tbh. If this is accepted and it ends up being a problem then it can be solved with a few taps in the keyboard.

Edited by Booklight12

31 minutes ago, Booklight12 said:

Thats all already a thing you can do eith voidal translocation. in the lore voidal shifting is kinda like a repurposed translocation. Since its not a problem with translocation i doubt itd be a problem with voidal shifting as well tbh. If this is accepted and it ends up being a problem then it can be solved with a few taps in the keyboard.

The fact of the matter is though, with void translocation, it is a tool/magic with STORAGE as it's primary function. Even with half-translocation There's a need to create one rift first, than produce a second one after the fact, not to mention the actual act of figuring out a method of putting the intended item THROUGH it. It's a more than tedious use of magic/mana, and in the case that it's some sort of volatile material, using a secondary magic to send it in is necessary in the event that it's trying to be done "quickly".

This material shifting would basically a streamlined/speedier version of half translocation that takes care of the need to actually come in contact with the material, as it becomes shrouded in the aura or mist before blinking to it's destination. Like, I'm not saying that it should be taken out of the lore as I think it's cool as ****, but I do think that it's necessary to evaluate all of it's applications to ensure that it's not turned into another magic people primarily use for solely combative advantages. 

59 minutes ago, SodaiKamikaze said:

The fact of the matter is though, with void translocation, it is a tool/magic with STORAGE as it's primary function. Even with half-translocation There's a need to create one rift first, than produce a second one after the fact, not to mention the actual act of figuring out a method of putting the intended item THROUGH it. It's a more than tedious use of magic/mana, and in the case that it's some sort of volatile material, using a secondary magic to send it in is necessary in the event that it's trying to be done "quickly".

This material shifting would basically a streamlined/speedier version of half translocation that takes care of the need to actually come in contact with the material, as it becomes shrouded in the aura or mist before blinking to it's destination. Like, I'm not saying that it should be taken out of the lore as I think it's cool as ****, but I do think that it's necessary to evaluate all of it's applications to ensure that it's not turned into another magic people primarily use for solely combative advantages. 

I can get behind that statement, though i personally dont mind people with shifting doing it. why not have a prerequirement that in order to shift other things youd need voidal translocation as well, being a type of melding of both similiar magics. Thatd be a fine balance. Or simply requiring the need to know enough about the material that make an object up to shift it (recreate it) like translocationists require.

Edited by Booklight12

6 hours ago, SodaiKamikaze said:

You could also store A B C (Or even a piano) and just create a rift over a target with translocation and drop A B C (Or.. Said piano). So.. And as Booklight said, anything that becomes a problem can be quickly amended, especially when the MT takes notice, they can easily call something to vote and have it amended within a few days (Trust me I was an MT). But I appreciate the feedback entirely, much better than memes or one lined snide remarks.

Mh... i find weird the Groupal Shifting, why would you be able to use the magic on another person just because they are willing? I know it is an OOC rule, but it doesnt make much sense in roleplay, what kind of change would experiment the body of a person that is willing to shifted to allow them to do such?

Also i expected more fluff, but good addition after all. :)

On 12/12/2017 at 8:11 AM, Suxals said:

Mh... i find weird the Groupal Shifting, why would you be able to use the magic on another person just because they are willing? I know it is an OOC rule, but it doesnt make much sense in roleplay, what kind of change would experiment the body of a person that is willing to shifted to allow them to do such?

Also i expected more fluff, but good addition after all. :)

It's not oocly willing, as said in the description its "Willing", i.e the person must be standing still not moving too much, and they have a tell that something is up (The aura shrouding their form slowly etc)

11 minutes ago, Tox said:

It's not oocly willing, as said in the description its "Willing", i.e the person must be standing still not moving too much, and they have a tell that something is up (The aura shrouding their form slowly etc)

Alrighty then, thank you for clear my doubt :)

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in two weeks or so. Votes have slowed due to holidays, 6.0 release, and finals/Winter Break and they will resume back to their normal pace of 1 week once things have settled down, I apologize for the inconvenience.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

@The Pink Lion

I have updated the lore based off the MT/LT Request and clarified the following:

Its 2 emotes for brisk step, One to connect to the void and one for the use of the spell.

5/6 Blinks max before you're extremely exhausted, the mage must RP the build-up to Exhaustion peak.