[Racial Lore] Xoatol

Slothtastic

Spoiler

And before anyone asks, no, the ad is not canon.

Note:

I do not know much about the 6.0 planned antagonist, but if there is not one planned I could see these guys being a player/ET run antagonist much like the Undead on 5.0. There were players playing Undead, and there were ET who ran events and such. If they are accepted, I hope they are not ET only. As that will most likely be the death of them. I hope that they could become a long time antagonist while offering a unique set of RP to those that play them. I know there is definitely better lore written out there than mine, that deserve to be accepted but here's this. I do accept any and all criticism from this post and other members. Be it from 'We already have too many races!' to, 'This is just stupid'. This will most likely be denied, but I would like to know the reason for it's denial and what I can do to change it. It will most likely be for the lacking origins and such. But, without further ado, the Xoatol.

The Xoatol

(Z-Oh-Ah-Toll)

(Meaning 'Ancient People' in their language.)

rRbkqL8.png

(Courtesy of Sekzpresso)

The Humanoid Lizardmen of Atlas’ swamp.

Appearance:

The Lizardfolk of the Swamps come in many different forms. Some are small, and some are tall.  Many are tall and strong, coming in shades of blue, brown, green, black, grey, yellow, and even sometimes red. There are two common breeds of Xoatol. There are the smaller, weaker kinds which serve as priests and craftsman. They grow from about 5’0”-6’0”, rarely making it past that. And the bigger, stronger ones which serve as the soldiers and laborers. They grow from 6’0”-7’10”. Many of the Xoatol have an added large bone plate attached to their skull which appears on the back of their head, adding protection but not a whole lot. The plate is ridged and often has short horns or spikes growing from them in different patterns. The Xoatol have long, thick tails that also have small spines growing from them as well. The Xoatol only have four toes, three in the front, one in the back. All have sharp talons on them capable of cutting through thick leather. All Xoatol also resemble reptile, from a small lizard, to a large crocodile.

Lifespan:

The Xoatol live up to 120 years old, and hit their prime in their 30s, much like humans. As they age the Xoatol get grayish stripes on their backs, faces, and chest. Typically the older the Xoatol, the more they are valued as advisors and instructors.

Birthing and Procreating:

Like the Orcs, the Xoatol breed for the future. Not for pleasure. Which is why many times Xoatol have selective breeding. Meaning that a strong or high ranking Male Xoatol would breed with a strong or high ranking female. A few days after breeding, the female would lay eggs (4-6)  in a Spawning Pool. A shallow pit of water dig in caves underneath the city. The mother will take care of the eggs, and provide for them when they are children. The way to distinguish a smaller breed of Xoatol from a larger breed is by the way the egg is shaped. If it is soft and small it is the smaller breed. If the egg is larger, and more hardened it is most obviously the larger breed. The OOC way to determine if the breed is smaller or larger is by rolling. 1-10 is the smaller breed, and 11-20 is the larger breed.

Technology:

The Xoatol are proficient in medicine, after centuries of studying themselves and ancient humans. They developed vaccines, cures, poisons, and antidotes for many things that they were not already immune to. Such as venoms from the colder and much warmer parts of Atlas. Sent by assassins and those who wish harm to the Xoatol. The Xoatol have primitive weapons, made from Obsidian and wood, as well as bits of iron scavenged from descendants. Their armor and shields are made from ivory, bone, scales and leather. They may have a bit of iron or steel armor, such as pauldrons or leg armor taken from descendants. Only recently have they begun fully researching iron and steel and what they can do with it.

Tactics:

The Xoatol are experts of guerilla warfare and close combat. They prefer ambushes, waiting in lakes, ponds, rivers, or even trees until their prey arrives. In which they spring from their hiding place and attack. In many cases they’ll try to claw their victims or bite them.

Hierarchy:

Tzil

The Xoatol crave perfection, as such it is only fitting that their leader was the highest point in evolution that the tribe had reached. From the leader, who uses the prefix Tzil. As in, a creature named Anuk would be changed to that of Tzil’Anuk. The Tzil runs day-to-day operations, and attends War meets. The Tzil leaves the future of the Xoatol with the High Mother, who oversees the Spawn pools.

High Mother

The High Mother is the second highest ranking position in the hierarchy. Once the High Mother dies a process goes into place which is that the High Mother is always created from a previous mother, selected by the current Tzil and approved by the coven of the previous High Mother. The High Mother is the overseer of the Spawn Pools, watching over the eggs and showing newer mothers how to care for them. The High Mother cannot have children, due to a sacred vow which is kept until death.

High Mother’s Coven

The coven of the High Mother is a secretive group, made up of multiple priests and mothers. They help decide the next High Mother, and help her with tasks. The Mother’s in the Coven are chosen for their advanced spawn. Many times, the Coven is used to help oversee the many Spawn Pools filled with eggs and such. If an egg were to be damaged while a Coven member was on watch, they were to be punished.

Pixqui

Usually made up of the smaller, weaker race, the Pixqui are seen as the doctors and holy folk of the Xoatal. The process of creation for a Pixqui is quite a difficult one. When a spawn of eggs hatches the strongest of the group are sent to be trained as warriors, or hunters. The weaker ones, however, are sent to be judged by the Pixqui. If they are judged correctly, they are to become Pixqui, priests. If judged to be too weak or diseased, they are thrown to the swamp where they must survive on their own. None do.

Origins:

Natives of Atlas, the Xoatol evolved from regular swamp reptiles. However, the Xoatol became stuck in a dark age. There were no cultural, technological, or mental advancements for their people for almost 150 years. Gazadriel, the Aengul of New Beginnings, took pity upon the Xoatol. And so, Gazadriel gave them a new beginning. He evolved them even further. Giving them greater souls, so they could learn magic. With this, they advanced, ending the dark age for them. With Gazadriel’s great gift, the Xoatol developed a religious worship for evolution and Gazadriel. The Xoatol built temples dedicated to Gazadriel and evolution. They used evoction magic to burn and shock their sacrifices to Gazadriel and for evolution. They believe that if they sacrifice and pray to Gazadriel, he brings them closer to evolution. The Xoatol fought against ancient humans, raiding their settlements and taking prisoners for their sacrifices. None opposed the deadly Xoatol Empire, and instead fled to where they could not reach them. The cold and extremely hot areas of Atlas. For if they went to the cold, they’d freeze and die. If they went to the deserts, they’d shrivel up, overheat, and die. And sadly, they had no way to fight against this. The only way to get sacrifices was to wait for them to leave their homes, or to use animals for sacrifices.

Spoiler

Ka’Tol - Xoatol Ancient Tongue

Basic Words:

Hussah - Greetings

As-so - My name Is… (As-so Itza’r) My name is Itza’r for example

Yuss - Yes, Positive

Nuss - No, Negative

Ees-sa - To Do (Itza’r ees-sa skrt, yuss?) Itza’r goes to hunt,  for example

Atza - To Be,Is,  Are, Was, Were (Itza’r atza xot) Itza is a Hunter, for example
Tee-ta - to Have, to Get, to Take (Tee-ta tha’a ah) Take that dagger, for example

Tha’a - That, This, Those

Tss’a - Home, House, Nest

Ahr - A weapon, Sharp

Keh’k - Brother

General Words and Phrases:
Hus-hus - Move/Faster

Arr - Obey, Shall, Should

Skrt - Hunting, To Hunt

Skrra! - Attack! Charge!
Yum-mah - Food, Delicious

Tsht! - Do Not
Tsk - Here, There
Tsk-tsk - Come here, Follow, On me

Mer - Woman

Xoa - Man, People

Tol - Ancient

Grl - Disappointment, Negative expression (S’grr - Enemy)
Yil - Good, Happy, Pleased, Wealth, Positive Expression (S’yeet - Good Person, Healer)

Keet - To Kill, Kill, Murder (S’keet - Murderer, Killer)

Ka - speak, talk, language

Pel - War

Ech - Defend, Defense, to Protect

Tek - Forest, Jungle

Kal - Strength, Strong

Titles or Prefixes:

Mar - Mother

Tzil - Chieftain, Perfect Specimen

Xot - Warrior, Fighter, Hunter

Nila - Newborn, Undecided if worthy or not.

Birk - Unworthy.

Qui - Member of the Pixqui

(Titles are put before the name, and are almost always used when addressing another. For example when addressing the Tzil one would likely say “Hussah Tzil Itza’r”

Racial Terms:

Xoatol - Ancient People

Xoa’keet- Human

Xoa’ahr - Elf

Xoa’pel - Orc
Xoa’ech - Dwarf

Xoa’tek - Kharajyr

Xoa’kal - Hou-Zi

General Grammatic Rules :

‘ - the apostrophe is used to unite two words into one, to create a new one. A perfect example is Ka’tol, the unity of Ka - meaning language, and Tol, meaning ancient, or S - simply meaning “someone” and “Keet” - Meaning “To kill” To create “S’keet” - “someone who has killed” or “murderer”
For a plural, add extra -ss at the end of the noun.

As - Me, My, Mine

Asta - You, Your   

Astas - We, Our
Ee-e - And
So - Name

S - Someone, a Person

Red Lines:

- Xoatol cannot be exposed to extreme cold, as they die.

-  Xoatol rarely do feel sadness or sympathetic for the descendants.

- Xoatol will most likely be a CA only race.

Changelog:

Changed Language

Removed weakness to heat

Edited by Slothtastic

I like how you think, but I think that magic is a little ridiculous for lizard people. I recommend reading up on the types of magic and mayhaps primarily choose one for them to have the ability to learn. Nonetheless, though you have a really good idea. We have monkeys, why not lizards?

+1

7 hours ago, Chorale_ said:

I like how you think, but I think that magic is a little ridiculous for lizard people. I recommend reading up on the types of magic and mayhaps primarily choose one for them to have the ability to learn. Nonetheless, though you have a really good idea. We have monkeys, why not lizards?

+1

Do you mean like one type such as Evoction or Mental or do you mean like Fire Evoction, Air Evoction, etc. Because I’d think they’d mainly choose fire and electric Evoction for sacrificial purposes. 

12 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

Do you mean like one type such as Evoction or Mental or do you mean like Fire Evoction, Air Evoction, etc. Because I’d think they’d mainly choose fire and electric Evoction for sacrificial purposes. 

It's your decision ultimately but I think that just one type such as Evocation or whatever else.

4 minutes ago, Chorale_ said:

It's your decision ultimately but I think that just one type such as Evocation or whatever else.

I’d really doubt that they’d choose something like mental, most likely Evocation magics, maybe Illusion or something. 

+!

listen man i have nothing against this lore, it's decently written

but another hou-zi? there are too many playable races

if everyone wants all these "unique" animal hybrid characters, why not simply have an umbrella "beastfolk" race? they would all be one race but you could be any animal-hominid hybrid you want and make cultures

10 minutes ago, Kardel said:

listen man i have nothing against this lore, it's decently written

but another hou-zi? there are too many playable races

if everyone wants all these "unique" animal hybrid characters, why not simply have an umbrella "beastfolk" race? they would all be one race but you could be any animal-hominid hybrid you want and make cultures

I could get on with the Beastfolk kind of race, but I’m not sure if others would agree. I know that there are a lot of playable races at this point, but I’m hoping these will be the new antagonists. 

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in two weeks or so. Votes have slowed due to holidays, 6.0 release, and finals/Winter Break and they will resume back to their normal pace of 1 week once things have settled down, I apologize for the inconvenience.

2 hours ago, The Pink Lion said:

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in two weeks or so. Votes have slowed due to holidays, 6.0 release, and finals/Winter Break and they will resume back to their normal pace of 1 week once things have settled down, I apologize for the inconvenience.

‘‘Tis alright. Merry Christmas! Or happy Holidays!