[✗] [Ferals] Holy Amendment

Sky

Werewolf GIF

Currently it is stated in lore that ferals are weakened by the effects of holy magic, however after speaking with a handful of holy magic users and after experiencing the actual play-test of the creature, it became apparent that on top of the weaknesses to both gold and silver, as well as the huge weakness of being unable to protect one’s self during the shifting process, that having the negatives of wards and holy magic may tip the negatives too far.

-

Tahariae Followers:

Due to the affliction being given onto the person by the mani of the wolves, it does not fit under the the umbrella of what is unnatural and is used as a way to uphold the Aspects balance, therefore it would not make logical sense for Tahariae to allow his blessings to be used against ferals whilst in their original form, making it only harm them during transformation and in their fully shifted form.

Xan Followers:

As the affliction is an addition to one’s soul, they are still partly their original race and from multiple sources I have been told (and from personal teachings) that their magic does not harm races that are not undead or dragon-kin, and since ferals are neither of these by nature, that the blessings from Xan would not have any negative effects.

Aerials Follows:

With the ascended they would be able to harm them however due to it being a blessing from the mani of wolves, it would not be a paralyzing harming and would instead disrupt the transformation. As in, the soul fire would revert the feral to their original form or stop a transformation occuring, and it would block their ability to shift. (tier III = 6 hours, tier IV = 12 hours, and tier V = 24 hours. OOC HOURS). 

-

Clearly I didn’t write this amendment to be a fancy story, it’s short, sweet and gets to the point. The credits are simple; I spoke with Lynxy regarding Tahariae; Rella101 spoke with JallenTime regarding Aerial for me; and Xan is something that I have been taught on my paladin character as well as from past questions I posed during my teachings.

Reading the current weakness of ferals and seeing how they're neutral creatures, aside from the soul affliction. I must agree with sky. +1

I was literally going through the lore wondering why the **** they were so weak. This is a good way to tip it back so rather than being relatively shitty, aside from interesting RP development, to a balanced character option.

+1 to the Furry Lord.

we need to kill all paladins and all werewolves so we can get rid of the evil in this world 

Xan light is very similar to sunlight, I think at the very least it should sting/blind the Feral when used. 

1. Tahariae magic will harm them while mid-transformation/transformed. There's no way to skirt around that. Azdrazi superior forms are harmed because it's a metamorphosis (even temporary!) and a physical impurity, a flaw to the Descendant's form. 

2. No idea why Xan magic would've harmed them in the first place. It's pretty clear within its lore that it harms Dragonkin / dark things.

3. While the Feral affliction is a major twisting of the soul, I guess there's some dumb 'deity clause' in Ascended lore since they rewrote it? I'm not entirely certain about Patrons being considered under that, but I suppose there's room for a case to be made.

So Tahariae magic will harm Ferals, that's the end of it unless Tahariae magic itself changes.

4 minutes ago, Avacyn said:

So Tahariae magic will harm Ferals, that's the end of it unless Tahariae magic itself changes.

What you're saying here is that their magic would harm them when transformed, whereas how it is currently they can't cross ( read: can, but not without silly 'groans' emotes ) wards even when in descendant form.

Just now, TheCritsyBear said:

What you're saying here is that their magic would harm them when transformed, whereas how it is currently they can't cross ( read: can, but not without silly 'groans' emotes ) wards even when in descendant form.

That's how it always should have been. If it was accepted lore in any other form it was an oversight and incongruent with existing lore standards.

Alrighty, Tahariaes mission has nothing to do with the Aspects and their balance at all. Purity is just what Tahariae wants in the world and any modification of the descendant's form is considered a physical impurity, wounds, fake limb etc etc. There's nothing pure about turning into a wolf. 'unnatural' when it comes to clericalism has nothing to do with druidism & nature. It's just a term to describe impurities/purities which are the foundation of our magic. (Idk about any of the other 'holy magic' but there's zero reason they wouldn't be affected by clerical magic due to it not being their original form)

1 hour ago, SeventhCircle said:

Alrighty, Tahariaes mission has nothing to do with the Aspects and their balance at all. Purity is just what Tahariae wants in the world and any modification of the descendant's form is considered a physical impurity, wounds, fake limb etc etc. There's nothing pure about turning into a wolf. 'unnatural' when it comes to clericalism has nothing to do with druidism & nature. It's just a term to describe impurities/purities which are the foundation of our magic. (Idk about any of the other 'holy magic' but there's zero reason they wouldn't be affected by clerical magic due to it not being their original form)

In that case; Can Tah magic harm Shapeshifters?

For the record I'm a supporter of holy magic hurting them in their feral form, but not descendant.

Edited by TheCritsyBear

1 minute ago, TheCritsyBear said:

In that case; Can Tah magic harm Shapeshifters?

It should whether it actually does I couldn't tell you I've never rp'ed or heard of a cleric shapeshifter interaction, Shapeshifters are rather rare but I guess the direction question could be raised to LT. but Imo there's no reason I can think of that it wouldn't.

I'm not up to detailed snuff about how Shapeshifting magic functions, but knowing what I do about it, Tahariae's magic would not. It's like turning the soul back into clay and briefly reshaping it to be another animal, where Ferals turn into big furry doggyfuckers which are unnatural hybridizations between mortal and beast.

10 hours ago, Sky said:

Aerials Follows:

With Aerial it is a bit of an issue, because with non-deity ferals (aka. druids, paladins, and clerics) the ascended in question would be able to harm them however due to it being a blessing from the mani of wolves, it would not be a paralyzing harming and would instead disrupt the transformation. As in, the soul fire would revert the feral to their original form or stop a transformation occuring, and it would block their ability to shift. (tier III = 6 hours, tier IV = 12 hours, and tier V = 24 hours. OOC HOURS). Now with that said, with deity ferals, the ability of soul-fire would be negated due to their deity protecting the soul, similarly to how soul-trees aren’t affected by soul fire.

Make it so that Ascended Soulfire reverts/stops Feral transformation for both deity-enlisted and unaffiliated Ferals and you'll get full support from me. Given that our magic is currently lethal, and with your proposed change roughly 70% of Ferals would be wholly immune, I believe my suggestion is a balanced solution.

Edited the Taharaie followers to affect mid-transformation and fully transformed, as well as the Aerial followers affecting both deity and non-deity following ferals. @Avacyn & @Master Sage Delaselva