[Recruiting] The Celtic Kingdom of Caer Conaithe

TheNanMan2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj_wyw6Xrq4&ab_channel=AdrianvonZiegler

The Kingdom of Caer Conaithe &

of Y Tuath Cadeyrn

14525760399_e8832680eb_b_55ff62fb-9458-4278-87ed-c52b43fae7d7_large.jpg.a760de9aafd274f846f6bdd76b5726af.jpg

"They are tall in stature, with rippling muscles under clear white skin, they look like wood demons"

Physically the Bradáchs are terrifying in appearance, with deep sounding voices. They frequently exaggerate with the aim of extolling themselves. They are boasters and threateners and given to bombastic self-dramatisation, and yet they are quick of mind and with good natural ability for learning"

Lore of the Bradách

The Bradách peoples are a mix of Northern raiders and a unique culture.  Choosing to live either on islands or hillforts, preferring proximity to the sea and living most of their life as farmers and fishermen, some worshipping the Bradách Pantheon.  Despite their usually typical occupations, they put a large emphasis on Warfare, Raiding and Combat, which is how Bradáchs gain popularity and fame within their societies.  Their unique culture is also carried into their government, which is ruled by a Rí, also called King.  Also, there is a Derwydd Rí, also called Druid King, who is in-charge of all things to do with the Gods.  These are two of the most powerful peoples in the government, but there is also the Bradán, who is the heir to the Rí, but not necessarily his son or family.  What is most unique about the Bradách is their emphasis on the community and it's say.  The Rí is chosen by the people's choice, most commonly the most battle-tested and intelligent chosen, which is the same for the Derwydd Rí, although that title is chosen by the other Derwydd.  Finally, the Derwydd are the Druids, who are responsible for up-holding the will of the Gods by hosting the rituals, sacrifices and all else considered holy.  For someone to become a Druid, the Derwydd Rí may decide if someone may become one, which is usually based on their intelligence and commitment to the Gods. 

Image result for celt

The Bradách Pantheon

Since the Bradách people are Pagan, they follow multiple Gods and Goddesses;

Mormaer - Goddess of all the deities. Goddess of Sacrifice and Fortune

Belatucadros - God of War, Hunting and the Weather

Belisama - Goddess of the Sea, Agriculture and Peace

Sirona - Goddess of Fertility, Health, Love and the Sun

Myrddin - God of Knowledge, Wisdom, Planning and Magic.  Also the God of the Undead.

The Bradách also have Gods for their own Clans.  Currently, Cadeyrn is the only Clan;

Tuath Cadeyrn's God - Bendigeidfran - The Giant God of Kings, Resolve and Decisiveness.

Image result for celt

Application

OOC

Username: 

Discord Username:

Knowledge on the IRL Celts

IC

Name:

Skills:

Experience in Combat (RP and PVP):

(If you want to contact us, or just organise some sort of RP or meeting, message either me with the username: TheNanMan2000, or the Tánaishte with the username: HareBear_.  We welcome all sorts of RP, including raids on our land or generally anything that may be fun and good character developement)

Edited by TheNanMan2000

(sounds cool tbh sound very much like it has gauls and other nordic and barbic culture like in roman history, im hype to rp with them wish u guys luck.)

1 minute ago, adamc2000 said:

(sounds cool tbh sound very much like it has gauls and other nordic and barbic culture like in roman history, im hype to rp with them wish u guys luck.)

Thanks a lot!  Me, being Welsh and my friend, Irish, love the Celts and so we wanted this sort of group to exist for everyone else that would enjoy such a thing.  We specify the Celts, or more specifically Britons, but do borrow from the Norse and Gauls.

"What's celtic?" asks Robert Therving

(('O so where are your people from?', 'O they're celtic', 'what the **** is celtic'. Try not to call your culture an explicitly irl culture and come up with a good rp origin. You've combined Norlanders / Daelish / Adunai))

1 minute ago, Narthok said:

(('O so where are your people from?', 'O they're celtic', 'what the **** is celtic'. Try not to call your culture an explicitly irl culture and come up with a good rp origin. You've combined Norlanders / Daelish / Adunai))

Yeah, that was my fault, I forgot it was supposed to be in character.  I'll change that now.  By the way, where can I find the forum threads for the Daelish and Adunai?

Just now, TheNanMan2000 said:

Yeah, that was my fault, I forgot it was supposed to be in character.  I'll change that now.  By the way, where can I find the forum threads for the Daelish and Adunai?

Most of them  have probably been archived you should speak to the FMs

RPing a culture inspired off a real life one is fine, but please dont actually copy/paste a name from real life like the celts. I would also change up the name of your gods and other stuff as I know at least one was an actual celtic god IRL.

If you make these changes then you'll be good to go. Please PM me if you have any questions.

2 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

RPing a culture inspired off a real life one is fine, but please dont actually copy/paste a name from real life like the celts. I would also change up the name of your gods and other stuff as I know at least one was an actual celtic god IRL.

If you make these changes then you'll be good to go. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Yeah, I took out any referance to the Celts in the description, although I've kept the name in the title to catch people's eye who might be interested in the Celts, although in our lore we changed the name from Celt to Bradách.

18 hours ago, TheNanMan2000 said:

Under cultures most likely. Here's a link; https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/590-cultures/