Dark Shamanism, Origins of Ixli, and More (Fixed!)

Lhindir_

1 hour ago, Veist said:

that's the issue with rewrites to begin with, gutting, and that's the point of my vengeful grammarless paragraph

The second iteration (Ish'Urkal) sat on the sidelines for ages before it was picked up and implemented, and began to work very well. Then, the LT decided they hated it, and it was changed into the bastardised and under powered iteration they have now. The intention here was to return it back to its origins- something that should have been done properly the first time.

@Deano I think it would be easy to change one of the Ways to The Way of Strength, wherein you maintain your physical ability and have some other kind of drawback. If you want to work on it, message me or Lhindir on Discord and we can flesh something out.

Edited by Smaw

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

The second iteration (Ish'Urkal) sat on the sidelines for ages before it was picked up and implemented, and began to work very well. Then, the LT decided they hated it, and it was changed into the bastardised and under powered iteration they have now. The intention here was to return it back to its origins- something that should have been done properly the first time.

@Deano I think it would be easy to change one of the Ways to The Way of Strength, wherein you maintain your physical ability and have some other kind of drawback. If you want to work on it, message me or Lhindir on Discord and we can flesh something out.

Sounds good. I'm in contact with Lhindir already and I'll send some stuff I was working on when I was looking to rework this magic with Divine.

Also @MotoSCP173 Dark Shamanism can already do this with the current iteration as well, and is my favorite part of the magic for sure, so that's why I'd like to keep it.

+1 from me. This is a more darker (edgier) side of Druidism that could be needed for those more edgier Druids. Although, if a player where to learn this, they must understand the risks of doing this sort of magic. 

11 hours ago, firegirl7894523 said:

+1 from me. This is a more darker (edgier) side of Druidism that could be needed for those more edgier Druids. Although, if a player where to learn this, they must understand the risks of doing this sort of magic. 

objection yer honnor

this is a darker form of /shamanism/, a magic primarily owned by orcs, corrupted, and deeper. 

This magic has existed for many years, but has had to suffer a number of rewrites. This is the latest.

Just so you know!

This isn't dark shamanism. None of this is dark shamanism. Stop calling this stuff dark shamanism. Dark shamanism is creating a pact with a spirit and abusing wording to gain access to the spirit's power whenever. That's dark shamanism in a nut shell. This isn't dark shamanism.

43 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

This isn't dark shamanism. None of this is dark shamanism. Stop calling this stuff dark shamanism. Dark shamanism is creating a pact with a spirit and abusing wording to gain access to the spirit's power whenever. That's dark shamanism in a nut shell. This isn't dark shamanism.

Abusing wording...

Thank you for submitting your piece! This will be our final vote until the end of February and due to the amount of lore currently submitted, will take 2 weeks to finish. Expect a verdict here on the 30th/31st.

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of lore pieces (32 or so) that we're reviewing this time around, I am extending the current vote. A verdict will be posted here around the 5th. I'll post here again to keep you updated if anything else arises.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

Edit: Changes made has not been found to be sufficient and the team has elected to deny this piece.