[✓] Draught Amendment Proposal

GodEmperorFlam

Draught Amendment

A number of complaints have been made that draughts have essentially made certain undead into "slice of life/romance RPers". Along with a lot of people having access to it, which it originally was meant to be created as some kind of high end reward, hence these changes.

Changes are fairly straightforward:
- Those with any kind of regular soul shadow can no longer draught. Graven and ghouls and homunculi etc. Greater soul shadows or full souls are needed.
- You can not have kids or knock anyone up when draughted.
- Draughts last for one month. Upon a month passing, the body will crumble. A week must go by before another draught can be utilized.
- A thread will be made specifically for draughts and keeping track of who uses them.

13 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

You can not have kids or knock anyone up when draughted.

Then if a draught makes a being return to a state of live being, how is it soul trees can still reproduce. Perhaps remove this but keep the others?

6 minutes ago, The Redneck said:

Then if a draught makes a being return to a state of live being, how is it soul trees can still reproduce. Perhaps remove this but keep the others?

Soul trees have a spell where they get their body back and can only do so every 6 months. And draughts came before Perrin's soul clarifications which would have removed the component of being able to have kids anyway (which is why the soul trees made a specific spell for getting their body and soul back together).

Just my two cents though, if you're looking to have kids as an undead spectral entity, I think you may have gone down the wrong path.

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

Soul trees have a spell where they get their body back and can only do so every 6 months. And draughts came before Perrin's soul clarifications which would have removed the component of being able to have kids anyway (which is why the soul trees made a specific spell for getting their body and soul back together).

Gotcha Ty babe <3

god bless

Kill this lore in its entirety. There is a new issue with it every other month and regulation up to this point has utterly failed. If it’s going to be constantly and consistently abused by players then they do not deserve to have it.

11 minutes ago, Master Sage Delaselva said:

Kill this lore in its entirety. There is a new issue with it every other month and regulation up to this point has utterly failed. If it’s going to be constantly and consistently abused by players then they do not deserve to have it.

Have you tried reporting the abuse? Since I've only had one major issue recently concerning it, which I was quick to write a patch for. Outside of the comments that it causes "cringe" rp, I haven't gotten any reports that it has been misused in an abusive fashion.

Undead doing slice of life rp, smh

i hate draughts almost as much as i hate the people who play slice of life holy mages 

can we remove both???

Edited by Ambduscias

I actually like draughts as a concept, but I like some of these changes. the no kids one makes sense, seeing as the entire premise of an undead kind of is that they 'reproduce' by raising more undead.

But draughts as a concept are cool in the fact it allows the undead rpers not to entirely isolate off from the world, and it allows them to spy rather well. The 'weaker' souls as you put it? I agree should likely not be able to be draughted leave it to the spooky master race to do the spying let the cannon fodder foot soldiers do what foot soldiers do best, hit and be hit.

I cannot give enough thanks for this. I feel these are grand changes.

2 hours ago, The Pink Lion said:

- You can not have kids or knock anyone up when draughted. 

if my skeleton can't get pregnant i am not behind this change ! ! ! 

papyrus_do_not_really_like_his_pregnancy

seriously though, I've always hated the idea of a potion that magically reverses all the drawbacks of being undead. These changes are a great step towards making draughts more plausible in character. +1 

Hey, Draughted Lich here. I have a proposition for you.

Pros:

• Draughted Undead are able to be alive again. Their flesh is not synthetic, it is the same appearance they held as mortals.
  • Draughted Undead do not possess the weaknesses of their curse, but they must still utilize their "life-drain" (in the case of Lichtypes) or cannibalize (Morghoul) in order to keep themselves alive. If they hunger, they risk death and the loss of their guise.
  • Unharmed by Holy Magic, but it unmasks them and shows what they are, making their skin paper thin and see-through. It also stings like bees.

Cons:

• Because of the rarity and danger of using draughts, all Draughted Undead would be unused to adjusting to their present curse. A Curse of Burning makes it so that they fear fire and gold will still recognize their displaced soul essence within them. Gold is an undead weakness because in Lord of the Craft Canon it rips essence out of entities that are made of magic or possess qualities that aberrations have.
  • If a Draughted Undead dies they must wait two weeks before redraughting. If they die again that same month, they must wait four.
  • A CA for Draughted Undead should be made. Draughts must be imbibed right after being made, they cannot be stored. Period.
  • A Lore Team representative must oversee the creation of a Draught.

It's silly to make something like a Draught something you have to actively maintain. Smart undead know to be subvertive and use their disguise without being killed. Increase the penalties for Draught users who can't make their own Draughts and die frequently.