[Shelved][✓] Clerical Ward Amendment Proposal

GodEmperorFlam

There was hardly any counter-play to disguised dark beings before, aside from the previous wards. You jump through hoops to discern their identity then, boom, there's a brand new person(identity) living and prancing around in town. Who's that guy? Not Mr. Darkmage. Right? Right???

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

Abyss seeds are used, pre-transition there was one planted on the Sutica gate area after some folks wrecked the ward there lol. And I think you're overestimating the amount of places that had wards (most human towns didn't have them, orcs didn't, dwarves didn't, lots of elven split offs didn't, etc.). Although, I do agree with limiting them which is why I put a cap on this iteration. From my understanding they don't do what gladuos said, at least, not from the lore it doesn't.

As for the big jump, I have to disagree there. Lots of spooks were complaining that they couldn't even enter a warded area due to having to scream out in pain, which worked as a way to identify and then purge the spook. With this, it remains true to the theme of clerical magic hindering dark things, along with allowing spooks to enter the area and not get metagamed/killed on sight. Hindering is not as bad as outright blocking a playerbase from entering outside of when a raid was going down or they were ready to fight people who say them yell. Or at least, that's my view on the matter.

I'm open to suggestions on changes, so if you have any feel free to poke me over discord w/ them.

Actually any dark magics touching the ward would be dispelled. This is why it'd be possible to drain a ward eventually by consistently throwing dark magics at it.

Some direct quotes from the lore:

-"...and create wards large enough to surround small settlements of a few houses."

-"When a ward is created, it acts as a holy shield against taint, unholy magic, and evil beings from crossing. It would cause an unholy creature incredible suffering to attempt to cross it, as though being submerged in fire."

As shown, it effects dark magics entering the ward and hurts more than just undead (actually anything deemed 'impure'). Wards are able to be more like radius of effect instead of the walls commonly RPed as well. The lore never explicitly describes it as walls or domes but rather "power imbued into a section of land".

Just now, Gladuos said:

Actually any dark magics touching the ward would be dispelled. This is why it'd be possible to drain a ward eventually by consistently throwing dark magics at it.

Oh you mean being cast within the ward/at the ward itself, I misread what you said. Yeah the way clerical wards are drained currently makes them one of the weaker ones, as the others require the destruction of the object spreading it (e.g. destroy the brazier and the ascended ward drops). I'll be editing in the way you can destroy these wards (as I forgot that, thanks for the reminder @drfate786) along with what you mentioned w/ gem size after I finish eating. If you want to provide input on the gem size bit, feel free to toss me a PM. 

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

Incorrect, dark magics would previously be fully dispelled and the radius was already potentially huge enough to cover a 'small village' as stated in the lore. People just intentionally under-roleplayed those bits cause it's pretty unfair, I'm sure.

Edit: Also it would effect any 'dark' entity previously, not just undead.

Also, taint should be any ward's bane. Taint, being corrupted life force would attempt to enter the ward only to be dispelled on a constant basis thus quickly draining it of juice. If a Necro wants to drain a ward/destroy it all they should have to do is place a patch of taint outside Sutica and defend it long enough for it to break it.

I +1 this because wards are **** rp, but as long as the rp behind spooks are bad, this wouldn't hurt. Not being able to walk into active cities to RP altogether because of a ward is a little gay.

@The Pink Lion

its almost like all these amendments are things ive complained about

tumblr_inline_n2aru4ueoj1rr6svv.png

Thank you for submitting your piece! This will be our final vote until the end of February and due to the amount of lore currently submitted, will take 2 weeks to finish. Expect a verdict here on the 30th/31st.

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of lore pieces (32 or so) that we're reviewing this time around, I am extending the current vote. A verdict will be posted here around the 5th. I'll post here again to keep you updated if anything else arises.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856