Necromancy Amendment Proposal

GodEmperorFlam

Necromancy Amendment

Simple stuff, necromancers should be able to moderate their creations ICly. With this, I’m introducing the rite of unmaking (I'm really **** with names so if you have a better one please let me know).

Rite of Unmaking: In dire times when creations become unruly, masters of the dark arts may turn to this ritual to show the constructs who the true masters are. Through a ritual, a necromancer drains the targeted ghoul, leaving them on the brink. Afterwards, the mage proceeds to rip the weakened soul shadow out of the morghuul. Should the morghuul attempt to be raised again, they will be raised in a new state, their progress towards strengthening their soul shadow and all that reset.

Red Lines:
- Morghuul can not be raised before the 2 week mark. This was a compromise made between those who wanted a PK of the ghoul and those who thought it was too strict.
- Morghuul will always start back at square 1.

- A necromancer must be t3 in order to learn the rite.

1 minute ago, Babehab said:

It's almost like there's 40 ghouls because necromancy is a candy shop, most of them are trash, and no one can do anything about it.

Yes they can. Masters already show their dominance over the ghoul if they want. If the master cares about the trashy ghouls they make, they will drain them and force them to their will.

I'm a ghoul, I've had it happen to me in my first ghoul.

This is just adding to something that WORKS and already exists.

It's useless.

Just now, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Yes they can. Masters already show their dominance over the ghoul if they want. If the master cares about the trashy ghouls they make, they will drain them and force them to their will.

It's useless.

Showing dominance can only go so far and is unreliable. It also still doesn't change the fact that there's an overabundance of ghouls.

1 minute ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

It's useless.

This seems to actually be better than that. What you're describing is simply forcing a bad ghoul to act "okay" (which likely won't work, because bad ghouls are an ooc problem on the fault of the ghoul player), whereas this effectively removes the bad player in question from the equation, with the potential of easily bringing them back into the fold should they prove to redeem themselves.

33 minutes ago, Ambduscias said:

oh boy i wonder who was the reason this one got written

for the record this was neither mine or parkins idea

this was outta nowhere

3 minutes ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Because, again, Necromancy is a ******* candy shop. Hunter's giving it to everyone and ghouldom to every ******* idiot that comes across.

Necros probably won't accept a full on purge to curb this issue (given the change in management that promotes quantity over quality), so something like this at least addresses part of the issue.

perhaps, instead of writing additions to deal with "bad ghouls", mat could instead do their job and deny the apps of those who've roleplayed it incorrectly

i don't think other than one or two "literally whos?" anyone is particularly in favor of this. 

1 minute ago, Ambduscias said:

perhaps, instead of writing additions to deal with "bad ghouls", mat could instead do their job and deny the apps of those who've roleplayed it incorrectly

i don't think other than one or two "literally whos?" anyone is particularly in favor of this. 

I'm not meaning to degenerate this thread into some pointless argument that only ups animosity between players (because that never goes well for anyone), but given the fact that you just increased the amount of morghuuls being created after this thread was made, and given how many ghouls and necros have been created recently, it seems like you might (inadvertently or not) be trying to make the mat's job harder and create a void magic situation.

By "void magic situation", I mean that void magic is apparently hard to moderate due to how widespread it is, creating a situation wherein blacklistings only occur in the most extreme of cases. This means that mediocre to bad void mages are not uncommon, and aren't dealt with efficiently due to the sheer amount of them. It doesn't help that most players aren't willing to put up reports and stir drama when they see bad void mages about (unless it's an extreme case).

Now, given the steep increase of ghouls and necromancers recently, it seems like this problem is on the threshold of extending to magic that was never meant to be as common as void magic, and to a special creature, which should by default be held to a higher standard. When you're mass teaching and recruiting mediocre players, metabuddies and pvp goons, it seems to me at least that you're trying to make the MAT's job of moderating magic users of your category harder. So no, just asking the MAT to "Do their jobs" isn't a solution.

13 minutes ago, Ambduscias said:

Can't do that if no one reports it.

Also hey it me, a "literally who?" necromancer who supports this

30 minutes ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Because, again, Necromancy is a ******* candy shop. Hunter's giving it to everyone and ghouldom to every ******* idiot that comes across.

Exactly

t. "literally whos" making blogposts

edit that isn't exclusively BM:

then report it instead of writing and backlining underhanded lore to support an OOC agenda my friend 

Edited by Ambduscias

Just now, Ambduscias said:

t. "literally whos" making blogposts

I've spoken with cameron, and a few other "literally whos" like billy before posting this to gather feedback, none of them stated that it shouldn't be a thing. Sorry if they weren't part of your clique, man, but that doesn't mean their opinion doesn't matter. I see 0 reason why a necromancer shouldn't be able to regulate their creations IRP either. Sure you could beat up the ghoul and hope that they don't do whatever it is they were doing while you're offline, but outside of that there's not much that can be done.

38 minutes ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

stop stealing skins