Necromancy Amendment Proposal

GodEmperorFlam

3 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

I've spoken with cameron, and a few other "literally whos" like billy before posting this to gather feedback, none of them stated that it shouldn't be a thing. Sorry if they weren't part of your clique, man, but that doesn't mean their opinion doesn't matter. I see 0 reason why a necromancer shouldn't be able to regulate their creations IRP either. Sure you could beat up the ghoul and hope that they don't do whatever it is they were doing while you're offline, but outside of that there's not much that can be done.

cameron doesn't even play a necromancer anymore and isn't vocally making his support for this known

i'd put more weight on the opinions of certain people if they were proactive and did things in RP for this to become an issue, but it's very clearly a further line in the sand to encourage the low-pop ganksquadding and OOC "us vs them" mentality by gangbanging innocent little ghoul boys to get at their necromancer

piece of advice? make it so only that a ghoul's creator can do this to them if you really want it to be a tool for moderation and not clique warfare.

also billy literally said on the firs page that neither he nor parkins is pushing this so ???

Edited by Ambduscias

An issue I'm seeing here is that other Necros could just gank other Necromancer's ghouls and force them to PK for two weeks. Making it so one of the necromancers must be the one who initially raised it would be ideal.

8 minutes ago, Ambduscias said:

t. "literally whos" making blogposts

edit that isn't exclusively BM:

then report it instead of writing and backlining underhanded lore to support an OOC agenda my friend 

Hunter, with all due respect, I see little reason why you wouldn't support a proposal that helps with ghoul moderation that doesn't at all hurt the magic. The only ooc agenda it supports it's curbing the amount of ghouls, which it probably wouldn't even affect in any major fashion, it'd just provide the option for necromancers to actually regulate their ghouls in a way that allows them to remove bad ones themselves (rather than placing that on the MT/MAT), with the window open to reverse said removals. 

Not only that, but you yourself are opposing it because it might impact your own ooc agenda, that being the creation of a necromancy driven player antag (which is what I've heard from certain individuals and seen from certain screenshots and anecdotes), which, to be entirely honest, this writer thinks you're doing in the wrong manner. 

On 12/30/2017 at 5:29 PM, Ambduscias said:

piece of advice? make it so only that a ghoul's creator can do this to them if you really want it to be a tool for moderation and not clique warfare.

Edited

edit: I did initially edit it in, but after speaking with a few people and administration I changed my mind to allow any necro to be able to clean up rogue ghouls.

3 minutes ago, Krugalicious said:

Hunter, with all due respect, I see little reason why you wouldn't support a proposal that helps with ghoul moderation that doesn't at all hurt the magic. The only ooc agenda it supports it's curbing the amount of ghouls, which it probably wouldn't even affect in any major fashion, it'd just provide the option for necromancers to actually regulate their ghouls in a way that allows them to remove bad ones themselves (rather than placing that on the MT/MAT), with the window open to reverse said removals. 

Not only that, but you yourself are opposing it because it might impact your own ooc agenda, that being the creation of a necromancy driven player antag (which is what I've heard from certain individuals and seen from certain screenshots and anecdotes), which, to be entirely honest, this writer thinks you're doing in the wrong manner. 

You don't understand the OOC drama that happened a while back between Necromancers. If we had this back when that drama was happening people would of been PK'ing ghouls for literally no reason aside from angering their creators. This applies to both sides of the drama too by the way, I'd never advocate for either side. 

2 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

You don't understand the OOC drama that happened a while back between Necromancers. If we had this back when that drama was happening people would of been PK'ing ghouls for literally no reason aside from angering their creators. This applies to both sides of the drama too by the way, I'd never advocate for either side. 

I do agree with your point that the creating necro has to be involved, by the way. So I agree.

1 minute ago, Krugalicious said:

I do agree with your point that the creating necro has to be involved, by the way. So I agree.

Good

Doesn't change the fact that the ooc drama that was occurring was a debate between "quality over quantity" and "quantity over quality", which should never be an argument to be had between users of a magic that's supposed to be held to a higher standard than others (like all dark and holy magics and all creatures that require a CA). 

The lore team should really just be removing magic from people who prove to be bad roleplayers, and not accepting applications from people that are known for bad behavior. The only thing a change like this will do is put a band aid on what is an otherwise large issue.

This is alright, even with the creator-only-oriented change being made. I should have recommended that first, to be honest.

@Ambduscias As far as I know, I was the only person he came to in regards to this amendment so there's no a conspiracy gnawing at your ankles in light of whoever's opinionated about your ghoul band. The Morghuul issue has been an issue long before the recent IC conflict's popped up.

This idea doesn't seem horrible. I mean, I'm not involved in the necromancer clique so I don't know exactly what is going on between all the groups. Hunter's meme is ******* fantastic, and I support it wholeheartedly from the meme perspective. But from a player who wants to see better magic RP, better antag RP, and a lack of OOC decision making bleeding into RP (which we are all in one way or another guilty of), this is a good way of handling it. Allowing the players to manage their creations in character, rather than throwing ALL the work onto staff teams is nice.

I think a mix of in and out of character management is required for roleplay to not be ****.

2 hours ago, dogbew said:

The lore team should really just be removing magic from people who prove to be bad roleplayers, and not accepting applications from people that are known for bad behavior. The only thing a change like this will do is put a band aid on what is an otherwise large issue.

This. Irrelevant, but this.

i don't see how this is going to accomplish anything except for the one time someone is actually dumb enough to get captured with their creacter/originator but hey the lt is still useless so why am i surprised

I feel as though this issue could be solved by reporting it to a staff member and removing a player's ability to play a ghoul. As far as reading goes this doesn't seem like it will hinder people from just making a new ghoul for the player. If there's a concern over the quality of roleplay being provided then that seems like the tagline for one of the many staff teams we have to deal with, rather than another addition to Necromancy. At this point it's as though Necromancy needs its own wiki for the assortment of additions made based on current events.

This is all aside from the fact that, from experience, the ghoul's player is more likely to avoid the players hunting them through OOC. That makes it a OOC struggle rather than an IC one; leading back to staff intervention. (i.e. What the solution should've been initially.) Reports just have to be made where necessary, and if that fails, maybe a PK clause similar to the one made when ghoul lore was first made.