Anti-Spook Ward Amendment Proposal

shortchangehero

Ok so I'm going to go ahead and keep this rather simple. Anti-spook wards. They're made by holy people I guess but have no real cost or downside to them. I suggest making it so whenever someone makes a ward, say, Sutica for example, they have to pay a certain amount of golden blocks weekly or something to keep such ward active. The ward also needs GM approval.

I'd also love to see an evil version of this ward stuff, that allows dark mages to create wards that weaken or negatively effect Holy magics. It's unfair if one side gets their home-field advantage, but the other is left with none. 

Just now, The Combatant said:

I'd also love to see an evil version of this ward stuff, that allows dark mages to create wards that weaken or negatively effect Holy magics. It's unfair if one side gets their home-field advantage, but the other is left with none. 

Abyss seeds are a thing, it effects all deity users.

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

Abyss seeds are a thing, it effects all deity users.

Abyss what

clerical wards cover like ******* doorways, abyss seeds cover entire cities

I'm against wards in general, be them 'evil' or 'holy'. As xZaebos soundly stated on one of my status updates, roleplaying for 30 minutes by yourself shouldn't allow you to severly hinder or even stop people completely from entering a certain place. Adequate counter-measures to raids and attacks MUST be limited to having an efficient guard force, walls, a strong gate and other things, not by placing five signs and ten blocks of gold in a line, something that can now be found in basically every city, while the gates are open and unguarded.

If you really are troubled by somebody, counteract them with military strength, impossible to get past defences, or hire somebody to defend yourself. Hell, the Reiters are available and don't discriminate between groups as long as there's payment.

1 minute ago, Dewlox™ said:

Oh? I dare you to try entering Sutica as a morghuul, for example. It doesn't only weaken you but also would kill you from the shere amount of space on said 'gate' it covers.

yeah i agree the sutican 'ward an entire ******* building' is dumb. most wards, though, are just gateways or openings.

((meaning, i dont think they should be able to do that

3 minutes ago, Archipelego said:

clerical wards cover like ******* doorways, abyss seeds cover entire cities

The way Suitica is going, I wouldn't be surprised if theirs moved to the entire city as well.

What I'd like to see is wards moved back to how they were, or at least seemed like they were to me, in 5.0. A simple gold block line at the front of your city that burned the undead when you entered. It gives away spooks in your area, and doesn't entirely prevent spooks from coming in your city like the ones I've seen around here do. At the end of the day, no one should have the ability to block all of any group of people from entering their city just with some kind of magic. Reveal when it happens, sure; but to prevent it as a whole is contrary to rp and not good for any roleplaying community.

1 minute ago, Dewlox™ said:

I actually do not mind passing such wards as an undead. I shreak, it weakens me, sure. But it doesn't straight up make it impossible for me to enter a place with the gates wide open.

exactly my point, fam. i feel like holy wards arent meant to be an anti-spook device, but more of an... assistance to killing them, or alerting of them in the area

Just now, dogbew said:

The way Suitica is going, I wouldn't be surprised if theirs moved to the entire city as well.

What I'd like to see is wards moved back to how they were, or at least seemed like they were to me, in 5.0. A simple gold block line at the front of your city that burned the undead when you entered. It gives away spooks in your area, and doesn't entirely prevent spooks from coming in your city like the ones I've seen around here do. At the end of the day, no one should have the ability to block all of any group of people from entering their city just with some kind of magic. Reveal when it happens, sure; but to prevent it as a whole is contrary to rp and not good for any roleplaying community.

yeah this

Remove wards in general unless they're arcane, it should be a mage only thing.

Wards are bad RP in general. I imagine most people would be willing to drop wards in general if spook RP wasn't also terrible.

Just now, Dewlox™ said:

Not too long ago a group of 11 mages, liches, darkstalkers, ghouls, necromancers, etc took nearly a hour to take down a single cleric in a roleplay fight. I ain't shooting names but said cleric isn't exactly a newbie and is pretty 'high ranking'. And he dodged eletric evocation while in full plate... I'd say both sides are guilty of bad roleplay. Everyone has their weak points. Both sides need improvements, let's not toss such accusations only towards one side because it tends to come off as blunt grudges towards a player base.

skale has experienced both

8 minutes ago, Dewlox™ said:

Not too long ago a group of 11 mages, liches, darkstalkers, ghouls, necromancers, etc took nearly a hour to take down a single cleric in a roleplay fight. I ain't shooting names but said cleric isn't exactly a newbie and is pretty 'high ranking'. And he dodged eletric evocation while in full plate... I'd say both sides are guilty of bad roleplay. Everyone has ther weakpoints. Both sides need improvements, let's not toss such accusations only towards one side because it tends to come off as blunt grudges towards a playerbase.

Oh yeah, RP on both sides of the spectrum is pretty miserable. To be honest with you, RP as a whole on the standard right now isn't at it's best outside of the slice of life genre. I think it's important all forms of roleplay are experienced in any community, because it makes the community dynamic. But due to what I consider poor moderation of magic and combat roleplay as a whole, most players would rather roleplay out a relationship rather than conflict. And I understand why. Having been on both sides of the spectrum, I know full well where each portion is lacking and where each is strong. The means of fixing them though would cause the server to implode, so it's a rip moment.

As for the accusation I'm tossing at spooks, I do it because I feel it's necessary. I believe the spook roleplayers have a much higher standard individually, but when they come together, they become flaming retards trying to just cuck and meme other people. Characters like Orsul for example are phenomenal, but when you put him next to the majority of his undead forces, the standard decreases drastically. I point out the spook RP because I think the spooks have more responsibility overall towards the server dynamic. Most spook creatures and magics are practically event creatures/magics. When you have the means of creating a small army and invading a village or town, you simply are more responsible for the standard of RP. 

I have more faith in the spooks to fix the standard than I do the holy guys, for obvious reason.  Also, don't be afraid to name drop Kary.