[Shelved]Afflicted - The Second Coming

Skylez

Except it'd be more effective to carry a standard sword than form one @ShameJax. From what I've gathered, it takes much longer to do so. A mage could just as easy wield around a longsword and accomplish the same thing, if not better than an afflicted. Time is still a factor, a big one. While the mage afflicted is busy making their weapon arm, they can just as easily be overpowered as any other mage. I'm not interested in getting my mits on this, but I like the concept and I fail to see the really big balancing issues, save for a slippery slope. The big thing in the lore is its utility, that is all. Furthermore, OP states that pain is invoked while making these attachments/weapons, which I assume will be immense enough to stop casting of any kind. On the topic of multiple limbs, having multiple limbs you are not used to is going to affect the focus a lot, which again, is something that magic requires, even if said focus is negligible. I see no big combat advantage for a magic user, let alone an Archon. 

Edit: The OP will be adding that the pain of transformation causes weakened magic for a few actions past, which should serve as further balancing. 

18 minutes ago, The Fire Mind said:

Except it'd be more effective to carry a standard sword than form one @ShameJax. From what I've gathered, it takes much longer to do so. A mage could just as easy wield around a longsword and accomplish the same thing, if not better than an afflicted. Time is still a factor, a big one. While the mage afflicted is busy making their weapon arm, they can just as easily be overpowered as any other mage. I'm not interested in getting my mits on this, but I like the concept and I fail to see the really big balancing issues, save for a slippery slope. The big thing in the lore is its utility, that is all. Furthermore, OP states that pain is invoked while making these attachments/weapons, which I assume will be immense enough to stop casting of any kind. On the topic of multiple limbs, having multiple limbs you are not used to is going to affect the focus a lot, which again, is something that magic requires, even if said focus is negligible. I see no big combat advantage for a magic user, let alone an Archon. 

Edit: The OP will be adding that the pain of transformation causes weakened magic for a few actions past, which should serve as further balancing. 

Adding the weakened magic should solve the balancing issues near completely. Really only issue is up to a slippery slope, but I don't think that's enough to warrant the lore being denied. It's good lore, just needs to be careful to not let it apply to other more offensive things.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This will be our final vote until the end of February and due to the amount of lore currently submitted, will take 2 weeks to finish. Expect a verdict here on the 30th/31st.

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of lore pieces (32 or so) that we're reviewing this time around, I am extending the current vote. A verdict will be posted here around the 5th. I'll post here again to keep you updated if anything else arises.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

Edit: As of 3/4 this is on an activity trial. Moved to the appropriate section.

Second edit: Lore has passed it's trial and has been made fully accepted.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Rift#8931.