Dunshire event/storyline ideas thread

NotEvilAtAll

What sorts of events and storytelling would you like to see in Dunshire, be it player made or ET run events?

Would you like to see Dunshire have an overarching storyline/plot around it? If so, what sort of plot would you want?

And lastly, how many festivals should we have?

3 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

The AT will likely be contacting the halflings near CT soon to discuss a project.

Interesting! I can’t wait to see what that is!

In the meantime, I might as well post my own opinions on the questions I’ve asked.

1: I would like to see more adventures in the village. Things like _SuitAndTie_’s event with the Arcane Pumpkin and the big dragon that was part of an event in Asulon or something. A little something to contrast the day-to-day halfling life and make things more exiting.

2: If we are to have a storyline, it could be interesting to borrow one of the themes used in LOTR. For example, We could have malevolent characters take control of the village and industrialist at the expense of the inhabitants, much like the Scouring of the Shire. Or maybe we could play into the more universal themes of LOTR and try to reinforce the message of said theme. Or maybe we could not do any of that and just do completely unrelated but fun events. Anything goes, really.

3: Probably once every 2 months. That’s enough time between festivals for each festival to be unique and interesting, yet enough festivals for lots of partying fun!

((On second thought, maybe my Scouring of the Shire example isn’t the best of examples with the CT being protected against villainy and all...  Eh, I guess it still works as an example otherwise))