Time Lady of Kittens

[Feedback] Ker Wolves

Ker Wolves  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep them?

• Yes, keep them as is
    • Yes, but restrict their numbers, there are too many
    • No, please remove them

I made the lore about ker wolves nearly two years ago. At first their numbers stayed small making them unique and still easy to manage. However, in the past six months, their numbers have gotten a bit out of control and I am to blame for that. The issue I am seeing is that these seven foot wolves are becoming too common and even a danger to the ecosystem. I would like to know what the rest of the server thinks.

I am thinking of either

A) Limiting their breeding down to control the number allowed

or

B) Removing them entirely

What are your thoughts?

Edit: Will be putting some comments I get in private here to keep them anonymous

"I see so many people with these giant ******* wolves that will get involved in rp, and follow commands better then most humans would do to a verbal command. they are too easy to pg and theres noone limmiting this"

"Should have applications to manage?????? tbh, I think any big pets like that and etc should get apps to manage. They can be pg'd"

I appreciate feedback or ideas how to fix the issue. Just saying they're cancer is not helpful.

I am hoping to find out more so I can work with the LT to fix Ker Wolves or, if deemed necessary, have them removed completely

I love ker'wolves personally, but yeah they're a bit easy to get a hold of. Maybe make the acknowledgement/taming process even more of a challenge? Or extend the amount of time needed to pass before they can breed again?

Edited by ThatGuy_777

Thanks guy. If I can get LT to work with me, I would make breeding ker wolves an app thing if I could. I know of maybe three or four players I know who would hand them out fairly. Myself included.

Make a plague that kills off all Ker wolves. Then you can start passing them out again with substantial RP, make sure that their owners know how to properly RP them, and take care of them.

Easy fix.

18 minutes ago, TitanOfTheDepths said:

Make a plague that kills off all Ker wolves. Then you can start passing them out again with substantial RP, make sure that their owners know how to properly RP them, and take care of them.

Easy fix.

I agree with this, mostly. However for some of the players- myself included, who have had some of these wolves for ages won't take lightly to a big part of their character being killed off. Now, yes some need to be killed off meaning a plague would be perfect, however not everyone. Say you only use the wolf for combat, or RP being able to command it perfectly without the wolf refusing, then yes the wolf needs to be taken away/killed. 

For this to work without everyone getting pissy, it'd take a lot of research to actually see about killing them off. That's just my opinion, of course.

Honestly, I really like Ker Wolves. One of my characters had two, each at separate times of course. They are fun little addition to the creature lore as a whole. If there are too many people with them, they should be culled. Perhaps come up with lore for a creature that's so dangerous it hunts the Ker Wolves, or you can go with the plague idea. I think introducing a new beast into lore for future use would be really fun, and then when the use of them becomes out of control again, they can just be reintroduced to the ecosystem. I don't know. As for people who've had them for a long time, I'd suggest letting them get in contact with you to see if they should keep it or not. Honestly though, it should be an all or nothing thing with those who've done the roleplay properly being expedited to get a new one in the future.

If you go with the idea of a Ker-Hunter monster or maybe group of individuals, you can do events for the players with them as a side thing as well. So maybe if they survive, wolf doesn't get culled. I don't know. I do believe that perhaps animal companions are a bad thing, though.

The issue is the creature themselves, no matter how you moderate it. Seven foot wolves that can be domesticated, that's the real problem with Ker Wolves. Giant abominations that can be tamed with ease it seems, no risk and high reward. Just let go of the creatures and cull them, they're really not even worth fixing.

Giving a playerbase that constantly power-games and doesn't know how to actually combat roleplay a giant wolf never will end well. If anything, if you're going to 'keep' Ker Wolves, you would have to gut them and turn them into something unique instead of 'big wolf xd'.

i hate animal companions on this server

11 minutes ago, GrimReaper98 said:

The issue is the creature themselves, no matter how you moderate it. Seven foot wolves that can be domesticated, that's the real problem with Ker Wolves. Giant abominations that can be tamed with ease it seems, no risk and high reward. Just let go of the creatures and cull them, they're really not even worth fixing.

Giving a playerbase that constantly power-games and doesn't know how to actually combat roleplay a giant wolf never will end well. If anything, if you're going to 'keep' Ker Wolves, you would have to gut them and turn them into something unique instead of 'big wolf xd'.

i hate animal companions on this server

Can I make companion dragon lore?

To be honest, if Ker Wolves were just there for aesthetic and not combat, I'm sure it not be so bad. Anything that you can have on the side to help you powergame is a bad thing.

If you are going to keep them then have them die off slowly due to the difference in climate and have the offspring be much much smaller, because at the moment it's ridiculous to see non-druids be able to flick their wrist and have giant monster-like wolves obey without question. Either that, or just kill them off.

18 minutes ago, Sky said:

If you are going to keep them then have them die off slowly due to the difference in climate and have the offspring be much much smaller, because at the moment it's ridiculous to see non-druids be able to flick their wrist and have giant monster-like wolves obey without question. Either that, or just kill them off.

Yeah, it is a little ridiculous we have an entire magic dedicated to dealing with nature and beasts, yet you have children wandering around with various animals, Ker Wolves included, who can just command them into battle. If they are going to be around, I think this would be a good idea. Weaken them a bit, make them the butter, not the bread.

19 minutes ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

I'd like ker wolves more if they were closer in size and strength to normal wolves with maybe some unique attributes 

Yeet!