Thomas

[Denied] Tahmas' MT Application

(I've taken a large break from the server for several months now and it's placed perspective on everything that happened and my past tenure. I'd like to think that I've improved on those faults and while my interest for improving the server never truly dwindled, I'm ready to try and apply myself once again.)

What is your Minecraft Account Name?:

Tahmas

How long have you played on LotC?:

A little over 2 years.

How many hours per day/week are you available?:

4-11 GMT on Weekdays, almost always on weekends and holidays unless I have prior plans which will be announce beforehand. I do work some evenings from time to time but I'll still be available on Discord.

Have you read and do you thoroughly understand Magic Lore?: 

Yeah.

What Magic Lore do you hold the most experience with?:

I have a fairly vast knowledge on all Voidal Magic along with Voidal Creatures, and understanding on Cognatism, Runesmithing, Golemancy. Shades, Daeva, and Blood Magic. I could provide a list if you wish.

Write about a magic-related topic that you find interesting (e.g. How mental barriers work):

I'm going to need to copy and paste my answer from my last MT application as it still applies: While it would be very easy to state Cognatism as my favourite magic related topic, I'd have to go with simply how free-form and flowing Magic itself is in regards to the Void, it's horrors and every other aspect. Transfiguration has always been my favourite magic, simply due to how related to science it is. I, in real life, aim to become a Physics Teacher in the future and due to my fascination with science and all things concerning, I find myself attached to how Transmutation works in practice. To learn and understand how an object works, what it is, what it does and each and every property in order to manipulate that object. One must research the object, test upon it to determine it's melting point, at what point it alters into a gas, a solid or a liquid. The Alterationist must will and focus upon the object, and alter the properties of the object at his or her will to be as you wish it to be. It works by 'simply' by having extensive knowledge on particular materials and, whilst connecting to the void, visualising the object within the void through your connection and altering the material using the extensive knowledge possessed to project and alter the material before you as long as it continues to abide the laws of physics, and follows the rules of equivalent exchange. It's versatility and use in practical situations has always been a prized favourite of mine and it's an art that my character uses daily. Utility magic is the best kind of magic, and Transfiguration is the culmination of just genius concept tuned into a medium for people to use. 

Give a Summary of any Staff/Lead positions you’ve held on any Minecraft Server in the past:

Wiki Team Member

Wiki Team Leader

Forum Moderator

Trial Game Moderator

Game Moderator

Game Manager
Administrator 

Do you have a Discord account?:

Tahmas#8719

Have you ever receive a Magical Blacklist, if so, please link it:

Nope.

As an aside, I wanted to touch on the question from the Lore Team Application: Who do you not get along with on the Lore Team?

While there isn't anyone I do not explicitly get along with, I'm aware that in the past and in my stint as an Administrator I'm aware I upset a few people with decisions or ways that I've acted. I wanted to formally apologise for that. I can be quite a hotheaded person from time to time, and I'm aware that that can cause poor opinion. I'm sorry to any and all that I've pissed off in the past and I would personally like to put that behind us and try and move forward to help benefit the Magic Lore on the server, and the server in general.

First .3.

also yh i guess support or whatever. He's really not all that spcial

THis mAn dO te RighT gOud. +1

Should you not take a bit more time back from your hiatus before applying for staff. Seems a bit.. vertically oriented if you ask me

16 minutes ago, Narthok said:

Should you not take a bit more time back from your hiatus before applying for staff. Seems a bit.. vertically oriented if you ask me

I've not been Staff since April/May 2017.

-1, 100% don't want you on staff again. Especially if you're applying so soon after returning. 

Edited by Hyena

Yeesh Hynea 

"-1, 100% don't want you on staff again. Especially if you're applying so soon after returning. " causing some salt there my dude

+1 Thomas is a cool dude and was actually a really good admin

He also does magic

And is cool at magic

And knows about magic

Edited by Morganosaurus Rex

Image result for meryl streep cheering gif

Thomas is one of the most creative, dedicated, and intelligent individuals I know.  I feel like he would make a great addition to the team and that you should at least give him a chance to prove himself before turning him away.  To those who -1 this application, I say that you, too, should give Thomas a chance.  He has worked to improve himself immensely over these months.  No one can be perfect and no one should expect for someone to be perfect, especially on a Minecraft role-playing server such as this one, so maybe drop the attitude of "you can't fulfill my every want and needs?  get the **** out of here!"  Keep an open mind and understand that Thomas' intentions are good, and if you can't seem to do such an easy thing as that, then why haven't you made your own application for a staff team to fix the things you complain about?

Anyways, back to the main  topic.  Thomas is good for this position.  Accept him. +1 ( ノ ゚ー゚)ノ 

He was a really rude, passive aggressive and condescending administrator from what I saw, but I guess people do change over time so I'm just going to leave this criticism here. No -1 or +1.

Just now, Sythan said:

Nothing against you Thomas, but seems community worry in anonymous areas are worried more that this is your first stepping stone for a quick rise up to GM/admin again. Could be wrong, but is a valid worry nonetheless. I'm not going to -1 this but, I would prefer you be back for a little while longer before stepping into staff again.

Completely understandable. I'll try and make it clear that I have absolutely no aspirations to find myself in a GM or Administrative position again. In fact, I've requested a self-blacklist on those positions to try and ensure and allow the community to see that I've no intention of holding any position other than MT or LT.

I can get behind you serving again in this position. Good on you for trying to better yourself.