[Shelved]Lore Amendment: Plants Can't Have Babies

Wendigo

1 minute ago, HurferDurfer1 said:

are you stupid or just dumb

a bit of both, depends on the day..

Just now, imthebaddestb said:

It’s a fantasy server.

It is to an extent.

Plants can't have babies? *ahem* why do the plants have genitals. 

Anther

Stamen

Filament

Stigma

OVARY.

OVULE.

Nectary

Sepal

Plants bear things like people do. I wouldn't go as far as to say a plant spreads its legs and pops out a bouncing baby sunflower. I would say they should do something more 'magical', for example, my favorite cartoon character- Thumbelina- came from a flower. I'm thinking they should come just as this small seed or unblossomed flower, about the size of a flip phone- and then it just grows. After all, plants bear seeds and fruits. They especially produce seeds... to increase their population. This is a fantasy server to some extent, but it's also should be realistic to an extent :^)

2 hours ago, Sky said:

If the lore team didn't want bryophites to have children, then why did they accept the recent update which specifically said they could have children? 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/166931-✓-lore-submissioncreature-lore-bryophites/

this is basically the most telling part of this situation

i dont really care about the existence of bryophites, i have a very lore liberal stance when it comes to what exists but the fact this was supposedly passed without the current LT even knowing it was a thing just leads me to assume negligence and not paying attention to the lore being submitted on multiple counts

the fact of the matter is it actually makes no sense at all for this to be possible, it's contradictory to every single lore standard currently in place on the matter of making babies: no other creatures of a similar nature are capable of it and bryophites have absolutely no reason to be an exception to that.

this shouldn't be an amendment in any formal sense at all, even, this should be an admission of a mistake on the part of the people who reviewed this piece of lore and allowed something like this to pass 

Well. . . I think a happy medium to this could be that Bryophites are able to reproduce among themselves. It's really silly that they were able to have children normally in the first place.

its sad that most byrophites now seem to just be green humans/elves, nothing really different about them in rp, how they act and everything else, except they are made of plants which is barely emoted anyway.

1 hour ago, Quintessential said:

Plants can't have babies? *ahem* why do the plants have genitals. 

Anther

Stamen

Filament

Stigma

OVARY.

OVULE.

Nectary

Sepal

Plants bear things like people do. I wouldn't go as far as to say a plant spreads its legs and pops out a bouncing baby sunflower. I would say they should do something more 'magical', for example, my favorite cartoon character- Thumbelina- came from a flower. I'm thinking they should come just as this small seed or unblossomed flower, about the size of a flip phone- and then it just grows. After all, plants bear seeds and fruits. They especially produce seeds... to increase their population. This is a fantasy server to some extent, but it's also should be realistic to an extent :^)

Would be funny to see a fruit grow from a bryophite then pop open to reveal a baby bryo. 

Remove Azdrazi. Remove Hommuculi. Remove Bryophites. Remove Sprites. Remove Pale Knights. Remove Rat Men. Remove Hou-zi. Removal Crystal Deer.

3 hours ago, tavern_roleplay said:

People get to play "homunculi" that are just like people except they're made of rock and cannot be killed.

I feel as if you either don’t know what a homunculi is or you’ve met someone who shouldn’t be rping a homunculi 

24 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Remove Azdrazi. Remove Hommuculi. Remove Bryophites. Remove Sprites. Remove Pale Knights. Remove Rat Men. Remove Hou-zi. Removal Crystal Deer.

Remove pvp. Remove magic. Remove circle jerks. Remove metagaming. Remove 80% of human nations. Remove fertile elves. Remove Skype rallies. Remove impractical golden weapons. Removal anime profile pictures. 

Jeez this game is fun what’s it called

5 hours ago, Swgrclan said:

I think we need to first reflect on the fact that Byrophites aren't actually a special creature, but are rather treated as a group of normie characters that are literally no different from anyone else because they are almost exactly the same down to bodily function and psychology. They can use types of magic, they can live like everyone else, I'm pretty sure they have the same lifespans, everything is the same except in plant form, and they can have children. What exactly is the point of this lore? To just be a green normie made of flammable plantmatter? What new or involved experience do they even offer?

Remove not only this pregnancy garbage, but also the fact they're literally no different from everyone else and make them a proper creature. This is absolute Anime Boku No Hero Highschool nonsense and only means to dilute what it means to a character to exist as something other than a normal, mortal individual.

Can we remove the Berserk ****, too? The pokémon evolution line of undead, the cliched, pretentious, over-the-top writing and obvious expys from Dark Souls and Bloodborne. These things dilute what it means to be a character that is something other than a normal, mortal individual. What exactly is the point of this lore? I couldn't ******* tell you. 

I think you're in desperate need of some perspective, because I'd hate to be the guy who unironically calls people 'normie characters.' Most of LoTC's players would love to be free of incomprehensible bullshit magic and the obnoxious sniveling edgelords that pretend to understand it. I bet a sizable portion would prefer a literal anime high school setting. It isn't fair that members of the community who just want to have fun have to compromise with a bunch of self-important elitists who think their generic, overindulgent grimderp is the standard by which everything else has to be judged.

Let people roleplay what they want, so long as they're actually roleplaying. Sneering at them because they don't meet your illusory standards for what isn't "anime" is just so unbelievably gay.

Edited by tavern_roleplay