[Shelved]Lore Amendment: Plants Can't Have Babies

Wendigo

2 hours ago, Tox said:

Pls remove. Worst case we'll just crusade

Tbh my main problem is how it doesn't make sense. If it was more plant x plant steamy action and not some highelf living his plant banging dream then its fine to me

It actually does make sense as a magic perk given their origins. Cerradwin is the Mother of Fertility and Life, and the original creator of the Bryophites. While other transformations like Frost Witches have cool ice powers, Bryophite get the ability to continue making life.

This is a shared perk that Dryads also have.

11 hours ago, Clayphish said:

Please stop trying to destroy the race me and many others worked hard for. -1

I'm not trying to 'destroy your race', do I have issues with them sure, am I allowed to voice an opinion yes. But to say plants can make a flesh and blood child from 'eating meat' or plant organs is ridiculous imho. I'm not saying you can't have children and in fact I stated at the end of my post bryo on bryo is more than acceptable in my eyes. Make it unique, make some plant children and lore surrounding it to add depth and something unique to your race as well.

10 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

There is just community bias here in the regards to RP that literally has nothing to do with you. 

That's a very naive opinion, if something has nothing to do with me I shouldn't have a say in how it interacts with the entire server or community? No. If I see an issue and it's glaring and people in the community have an issue with it along with it being beyond strange in the rp/lore sense I'm going to call it out.

I'm not out on a witch hunt, I'm trying to have a civil discussion. I'm just pointing something out that in my eyes is a core issue with the lore, and I'm clearly not alone. My entire argument isn't based around 'does it add rp', it's around the lore legitimacy of it.

I've edited the proposal to be more specific, Bryophites can't have flesh and blood children due to the soul and incompatibilities with their organs, I could go into a myriad of reasons such as not being able to sustain body temperature and blood but I'm not a doctor and this is an rp fantasy server.

My problems with this lore are also that other descendants can make a descendant while nailing a plant, as well as phytophilia. I don't really know the dryad lore, but bryophites are genuine plants. While saying that it doesn't matter whether or not this point is addressed, you in turn have a point, but why address anything? It's a civil discussion in which someone discusses his idea with the community. That said, I'm still bothered by both things I pointed out. I don't see how a plant and a non plant make a non plant and while phytophilia (and maybe dendrophilia) may or may not be addressed, I still figured I'd bring it up.

18 hours ago, tavern_roleplay said:

No, seriously. People get to run around committing serial murder with darkstalkers that are immortal and do not bleed or feel pain. People get to play "homunculi" that are just like people except they're made of rock and cannot be killed. People get to play immortal ascended and half-dragon demigod incarnates. None of these (races? creatures?) "add anything to roleplay," they don't necessarily have a purpose, and more often than not they only exist so players can one-up each other in RP combat.

It's so silly that the only complaints we get about the massively bloated lotc canon are silly things like "oooh it really breaks my suspension of disbelief that plants can get pregnant!" Of all the questions I might have about bryophites, including but not limited to, "how do they move around, think, feel, or speak," "how can a bryophite get pregnant" falls so far outside my suspension of disbelief that it wouldn't have even occurred to me. Bryophites are just people with green skin, just like Azdrazi are people with horns and homunculi are people but ******* annoying. 

I'd argue that the only reason bryophites bother so many people is that they don't really fit in with the rest of LoTC's lore. In a sea of plagiarized fromsoft IPs and obnoxious grimdark schlock, they stand out as something that wasn't created for the express purpose of being cooler, edgier, and more powerful than everyone else. Bryophites are just... plants. They don't have any intrinsic advantages or special abilities. They have no agenda, and that's not a bad thing. Why is it necessary for them to have a "purpose?" Why do they have to satisfy this need when other magical creatures plainly don't? 

Also on another note to address, I agree with your opinion on the 'Lich, Darkstalker, and Ghoul Pandemic' sweeping across lotc. Thing is I see and hear a lot of complaining INCLUDING from myself but I personally can't see, nor have I seen a legitimate fix against it besides 'Fix it in rp', and until lore or some other means to combat the once 10 a week ghoul/darkstalker application we once had there's nothing any of us can do.  However that's another issue entirely and I digress.

20 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Please really, to others that bother reading this for the love of god make some lore to combat them or we're going to keep having this problem

You mean like gold weapons that should break with one swing but instead burn like a ***** from hell? Or literally any holy magic at all? If you think there are no ways to combat a ghoul, I have some news for you. 

3 minutes ago, KiausT (The Alpha ****) said:

You mean like gold weapons that should break with one swing but instead burn like a ***** from hell? Or literally any holy magic at all? If you think there are no ways to combat a ghoul, I have some news for you.

We digress but I'll address your comment. I'm talking about the plethora of ghouls and stalkers we have. At one point there were 20 apps in 2 weeks. That's an entirely different topic and there's no reason to get into an argument about it over a lore post about plant children.

literally dont care if plant people make plant babies, its just absolutely munted that a plant person can make regular ones that's all that needs to be fixed lol

Okay! New Proposal to address these issues:

After a long debate with other Bryophite players, lore heavy members of the community and some outliers to my usual social circle, I was suggested a new means of reproduction that might help satisfy the community.

Reproduction would not be done normally. Instead, it would be done through a sacred ceremony that has a deep intimacy to Bryophites, but isn't based off of the wiggets between their legs. It would be more ritualistic and magical. Let me know what you think!

1 minute ago, Clayphish said:

New Proposal

Does this make a flesh and blood child?

8 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Does this make a flesh and blood child?

The general consensus is that it makes plant children. 

1 minute ago, Clayphish said:

The general consensus is that it makes plant children. 

Sounds good to me.

On another note would you consider it a creature?

First off I would like to express how incredibly dissatisfied I am with the vegan options currently available to good LotC folk within the lore. This is an affront to my culture.

Second off I invite everyone to take a look at this (If the img doesn't work then gosh darn I'll edit)
Image result for ditto

Within the Pokemon games and greater universe lore -- and most notably within the mechanic known as 'breeding', a Ditto takes the form of whatever other Pokemon is parked in the breeding chamber with it, enabling it to spit out those eggs and expedite the process of breeding for specific natures. Arceus bless.

Now, you may be asking "Pastry, what the rootin' toot does a ditto have to do a plant making a meat baby" -- well, you may consider that the plant version of a descendant is a near perfect mimicry. Almost all bodily functions are present and mirrored in plant form, much like how Ditto mirrors and mimics another Pokemon. This includes reproductive function, which should conceivably work identically to its copied descendant. Therefore, if a glorp of non-newtonian fluid is able to squeeze out eggs, descendants should be able to breed with a plant-Ditto for the same purpose

IV breeding in LotC is so difficult please understand.

9 minutes ago, Magicpastry said:

First off I would like to express how incredibly dissatisfied I am with the vegan options currently available to good LotC folk within the lore. This is an affront to my culture.

I chuckled. +1

6 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Sounds good to me.

On another note would you consider it a creature?

No, I'd consider it a person. It's senient in the mind, functions like a person, and is pretty un-rare. It's just a person made of different material.