[Shelved]Lore Amendment: Plants Can't Have Babies

Wendigo

9 minutes ago, Clayphish said:

No, I'd consider it a person. It's senient in the mind, functions like a person, and is pretty un-rare. It's just a person made of different material.

That sounds like a creature to me, but I'll let the LT make that distinction.

14 hours ago, Malocchio said:

WHY ARE PEOPLE ALLOWED TO **** PLANTS 

the real question is why are frost witches are allowed to **** dudes

Just now, Edel said:

Got something against frostbite?

44 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

That sounds like a creature to me, but I'll let the LT make that distinction.

That's a a debate that involves putting a definition on Creature. Because if it's just something that isn't a descendant, then suddenly Striga (who've led human nations), Auenguls, Ascended, God's, Spirits, etc become creatures.

47 minutes ago, Edel said:

I almost actually defined (to an LM lol) the lore behind the physical body, but then I realized, this is ******* weird. 

23 hours ago, Wendigo said:

How can a plant make flesh and blood?

how the **** does a plant even move?

really is this the only creative liberty you're not willing to offer?

3 minutes ago, tavern_roleplay said:

What do you mean.

1 hour ago, tavern_roleplay said:

how the **** does a plant even move?

There are tons of plants irl that have some form of locomotion

24 minutes ago, KiausT (The Alpha ****) said:

There are tons of plants irl that have some form of locomotion

None on the scale of a terrestrial mammal, much less a human. Plant locomotion is very much different from animal locomotion. 

And this isn't the problem -- bryophites are supposed to replicate the human body exactly, except with "plant matter:" turgid cells with cell walls wouldn't make very good muscle fibers or nerves. 

The argument I'm trying to make is that if in order to justify bryophites existing, you have to take so many liberties in the lore that drawing the line at them getting pregnant is silly. There isn't a basis for the argument because bryophite physiology isn't a very extensive piece of lore. Bryophites are fantasy creatures and trying to make fantasy make sense according to real life rules gets you midichlorians.

Edited by tavern_roleplay

5 minutes ago, tavern_roleplay said:

None on the scale of a terrestrial mammal, much less a human. Plant locomotion is very much different from animal locomotion. 

And this isn't the problem -- bryophites are supposed to replicate the human body exactly, except with "plant matter:" turgid cells with cell walls wouldn't make very good muscle fibers or nerves. 

The argument I'm trying to make is that if in order to justify bryophites existing, you have to take so many liberties in the lore that drawing the line at them getting pregnant is silly. There isn't a basis for the argument. Bryophites are fantasy creatures and trying to make fantasy make sense according to real life rules gets you midichlorians.

No one's against them getting pregnant, but like Clayphish said earlier we had been speakin gand came to a better idea instead of normal sexual intercourse for getting a bryo pregnant, as well as making it certain that they are only able to breed with other bryo's. 

The ritualistic way is more interesting and unique anyway.

Just now, Demotheus said:

No one's against them getting pregnant,

forgive me for my ignorance but I read the title of this post and it was "[lore amendment] plants can't have babies" and saw people arguing that and I wanted to contribute to the argument

Just now, Demotheus said:

but like Clayphish said earlier we had been speakin gand came to a better idea instead of normal sexual intercourse for getting a bryo pregnant, as well as making it certain that they are only able to breed with other bryo's. 

The ritualistic way is more interesting and unique anyway.

that's pretty cool though keep doing that

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, KiausT (The Alpha ****) said:

I feel as if you either don’t know what a homunculi is or you’ve met someone who shouldn’t be rping a homunculi 

Remove pvp. Remove magic. Remove circle jerks. Remove metagaming. Remove 80% of human nations. Remove fertile elves. Remove Skype rallies. Remove impractical golden weapons. Removal anime profile pictures. 

Jeez this game is fun what’s it called

Remove LotC

On 1/12/2018 at 7:25 PM, tavern_roleplay said:

Can we remove the Berserk ****, too? The pokémon evolution line of undead, the cliched, pretentious, over-the-top writing and obvious expys from Dark Souls and Bloodborne. These things dilute what it means to be a character that is something other than a normal, mortal individual. What exactly is the point of this lore? I couldn't ******* tell you. 

I think you're in desperate need of some perspective, because I'd hate to be the guy who unironically calls people 'normie characters.' Most of LoTC's players would love to be free of incomprehensible bullshit magic and the obnoxious sniveling edgelords that pretend to understand it. I bet a sizable portion would prefer a literal anime high school setting. It isn't fair that members of the community who just want to have fun have to compromise with a bunch of self-important elitists who think their generic, overindulgent grimderp is the standard by which everything else has to be judged.

Let people roleplay what they want, so long as they're actually roleplaying. Sneering at them because they don't meet your illusory standards for what isn't "anime" is just so unbelievably gay.

I think you're in desperate need of staying on track with the subject, because I think you have a knack for flying off the handle to nudge at things that do actually have more defined purpose that what can be boiled down to green versions of normal people. These "pokemon evolutions" of undead have provided roleplay in their own right time and time again, each of them are distinctive unless you're 40% blind and can't read or don't care to try to distinguish them, and more notable members are known for having provided quality roleplay to those that would receive it or approach them.

I didn't ***** about anyone's writing style or inspirations, I insisted that the quality and design of RP presented by the Byrophites is nothing different to what every other normal character portrays, and so the entire race loses a semblance of what it means for it to become unique. And what is this nonsense about "letting people roleplay what they want", like we have no form of standards here? Do you think touting "let people RP what they wanna RP :3" justifies dumbing down roleplay quality because you think allowing a horde of literal green bean people and slice-of-life ghouls to prance around and plague everyone's hubs is a good thing? I don't want to see people twist a concept up until they're essentially snowflake versions of normal player races because it does usher in this highschool roleplay bullshit, which has no business being here, because it doesn't fit, and the day it suddenly fits is the day the server's gone down the gutter.

Get off of your morally posturing high horse.