[Shelved]Lore Amendment: Plants Can't Have Babies

Wendigo

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Remove Azdrazi. Remove Hommuculi. Remove Bryophites. Remove Sprites. Remove Pale Knights. Remove Rat Men. Remove Hou-zi. Removal Crystal Deer.

ratmen arent a ca, sorry to say!

So, to those of you wondering how this happens. I've seen a few points brought up, biggest thing is how they do it. The organs of a bryophite all work the same. They aren't terribly different from Descendants, except in having a few extra needs and what makes up their bodies. More sugar, more water, sunlight, and they'll create the moss by entering a trance-like state. Flowers bloom in their hair and they leave pollen from their hands everywhere they can touch. This trance is essentially just them walking around touching things.

Another point brought up, which is a good one, is how plants can make flesh and blood. The pregnant bryophite has thought of this. The character's body is craving meat, fat, and milk, for the sole purpose of providing raw material that the body can use to make the baby's body.

Other than that, stop belly-aching and crying so much. It's just RP, and most of you likely don't even have to interact with the people involved in it. Stop raining on someone else's RP with something that really isn't a big deal.

8 hours ago, Wendigo said:

How can a plant make flesh and blood?

By craving meats and eating a lot of different than usual substances. The fact that the race can reproduce comes from the fact that all the organs and usual functions of the body are given plant replacements, which means that they should be able to make the babies of their original race as long as they're taking in the necessary materials. Please stop trying to destroy the race me and many others worked hard for. -1

There is just community bias here in the regards to RP that literally has nothing to do with you. 

So my counter proposal (because the Lore doesn’t make sense) is that plant will produce a plant. Female plants will have babies that are plants. This should be a purer form of byrophite. However should a male plant do the thing the offspring is 100% the non-plant parent. So base it off the mother. Give meaning to their roleplay instead of limiting it because your poor feels are triggered. #sass 

39 minutes ago, Clayphish said:

Please stop trying to destroy the race me and many others worked hard for. -1

It's not about that, it's about how its literally a PLANT having a HUMAN, ORC, KHA, ELF, ANYTHING baby by only... eating meat? Theres more to birth than meat and 'weird ****', its the actual ability to give birth. Most creatures  are actually rendered infertile when their innards are transformed from one thing to another, which makes since because changing your physical state should do that. A plant cant just eat meat and have a baby human from plant. 

I get that you all like the lore, but there are some things that are dumb and should be removed, friend.

2 hours ago, Malocchio said:

WHY ARE PEOPLE ALLOWED TO **** PLANTS 

this tho

12 minutes ago, Kinslayer said:

It's not about that, it's about how its literally a PLANT having a HUMAN, ORC, KHA, ELF, ANYTHING baby by only... eating meat? Theres more to birth than meat and 'weird ****', its the actual ability to give birth. Most creatures  are actually rendered infertile when their innards are transformed from one thing to another, which makes since because changing your physical state should do that. A plant cant just eat meat and have a baby human from plant. 

I get that you all like the lore, but there are some things that are dumb and should be removed, friend.

this tho

Bryophites were created personally by Cerradwin, the Aspect of life and plants. And it's not a powerful race with not a lot of big advantages that Striga, Frost witches, Azdrazi, and many other transformations have. Instead, they were given the ability to continue making life.

Yes, conception, birth, and a child being formed is more complicated than that. It requires a myriad of cells, initially blank stem cells, replicating over time to form the body. Structures take shape, hormones are added, and eventually a baby is ready to pop out. But, this is a fantasy server, and some things are just allowed to happen. Something with much greater impact that can't happen on our lore is Slayer Steel. With metallurgy and alloying metals, the metals need to be of similar size in order to form a matrix which can hold each other together. This has been done before, but by using the metal of another element. One not used on LotC. A plant being able to eat meat in order to get the necessary ingredients for the body to make stem cells and form them is as realistic as gold and iron being an alloy without some sort of go between metal.

the bryophite moss is made by the goddess cerridwen

the

you know

mother?

so i don't see how the goddess of plants, fertility, and motherhood wouldnt have a way for her creation to have children. even dryads can have children and their married to a ******* tree. as long as the base race is compatible (i.e. human and a elf or whatever) they should be able to have kids

she would NOT ban a creation of hers from creating life. creating life is her entire mojo

also im pretty sure the eating meat thing is meant to signify the like, joining of ceriddwen the mother and cerunnos the father (hunter, beasts, ect ect) aswell as give fleshy cells, if we're trying to be a little scientific 

Of all the lore that needs re-balancing the reproductive cycle of plant people should be way, way, way down at the bottom of that list. Limiting Bryophytes to producing children with their own kind brings literally nothing interesting to the table and hinders ongoing roleplay.

Why is this an issue? It's utterly pointless. Let people roleplay the way they want so long as no one is getting an advantage over the other person and the lore is sound.

I think the 'what does it add to rp' is the most meaningless argument about anything. Absolutely anything can add to RP, regardless how little the lore behind it doesn't fit one's personal tastes.  

While I question why plant people can have normal children, it's really not that big of deal. And I have to agree with Zae, everything can add to RP. It may not fit the setting all to well, but what can you do? 

If they are going to have children, it should be plant children among plant people. 

3 hours ago, Clayphish said:

Please stop trying to destroy the race me and many others worked hard for. -1

If raising simple unresolved questions about the legitimacy of a part of the lore for your beloved creature is "trying to destroy the race" then the race probably should be removed.

Pls remove. Worst case we'll just crusade

6 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

There is just community bias here in the regards to RP that literally has nothing to do with you. 

So my counter proposal (because the Lore doesn’t make sense) is that plant will produce a plant. Female plants will have babies that are plants. This should be a purer form of byrophite. However should a male plant do the thing the offspring is 100% the non-plant parent. So base it off the mother. Give meaning to their roleplay instead of limiting it because your poor feels are triggered. #sass 

Tbh my main problem is how it doesn't make sense. If it was more plant x plant steamy action and not some highelf living his plant banging dream then its fine to me

8 hours ago, Clayphish said:

Bryophites were created personally by Cerradwin, the Aspect of life and plants. And it's not a powerful race with not a lot of big advantages that Striga, Frost witches, Azdrazi, and many other transformations have. Instead, they were given the ability to continue making life.

you know, that's fair.