[Shelved]Lore Amendment: Plants Can't Have Babies

Wendigo

Pretty simple. I don't see how in lore it's possible for plants to have flesh and blood babies when they themselves are...well...plants.

The Proposal

Bryophites can no longer have flesh and blood children.

The Reason

The reason for this being so, Bryophitism changes the soul in such a way where reproduction is not possible, akin to a kha with a non-kha along with incompatibilities concerning organs and body temperature.

wouldn't their like leaves be too fragile to hold a big ole baby

@devvy forget that they dont have the reproductive material necessary to make a baby

Add poison ivy to their legs and watch how quick this ends.

I see no problem with there being some W I L D bryophite on bryophite action to produce a bryophite child so long as everyone has a CA involved. :thinking:

They would be biologically incapable, it doesn't even require the soul part. And plant x plant FTB wouldn't actually be FTB - it would just be spitting some stuff out.

1 minute ago, AGiantPie said:

@devvy forget that they dont have the reproductive material necessary to make a baby

ok wait but what if like they use photosynthesis to make a baby just like how they make food

do byros do that

1 minute ago, devvy said:

ok wait but what if like they use photosynthesis to make a baby just like how they make food

do byros do that

i think ur thinking more about bryophites than the lore writer did tbh...

please +12

I think we need to first reflect on the fact that Byrophites aren't actually a special creature, but are rather treated as a group of normie characters that are literally no different from anyone else because they are almost exactly the same down to bodily function and psychology. They can use types of magic, they can live like everyone else, I'm pretty sure they have the same lifespans, everything is the same except in plant form, and they can have children. What exactly is the point of this lore? To just be a green normie made of flammable plantmatter? What new or involved experience do they even offer?

Remove not only this pregnancy garbage, but also the fact they're literally no different from everyone else and make them a proper creature. This is absolute Anime Boku No Hero Highschool nonsense and only means to dilute what it means to a character to exist as something other than a normal, mortal individual.