[Lore Sub] Ghoul Ammendment (Small thing)

OzYmandi

UymQntpfpODDP4qTiu5XZdlW03Ggv4EuwXo4EpoaXC4GuyQiIRLBJ3xqm9hrTaf5E3f5S_mghcXuRhW4wgKXp9P9qub-jiZF0qpG8vRK6-ecOCtJZLJW_FTQJU3g-eetQtWPfyHS

Ammendment: Plain and simple. Ghouls and Morghuuls are not intelligent, strategical warhulks that can beast through waves of enemies. They are resistant flesh shields made to serve their necromancer with mindless eating and fearless in combat. Seeing ghouls able to pull out strategic moves, including myself, meks me cringe, considering current lore states otherwise. So what this proposes, is that we should make Ghouls essentialy smaller less strong ologs, with limited mental capability, but prowess in combat, due to their high resistance to normal attacks (that aren’t aurum) and their lack of emotions, such as fear.

The amount of intelligence a ghoul receives is interly up to the necromancer, though said is limited as to what it can grant the shambler. Nothing past basic strategies (dodging) or anything past common sense (social skills, emotions) is strictly limited.

Also for this ammendment, remove the whole 'ghouls reform' thing and set it so that their necromancers need to revive them should they die. Until then, the ghoul mustn't be played, as it is 'dead', awaiting for it's master to revive. If the necromancer fails to revive the ghoul in time, say, 1 irl week, the ghoul is deemed dead, and a new CA will need to be posted in order for the ghoul to be revived and able to be played again.

I3buz8eYyzqUw_UGCyT6NZ9xdU56tsH6Uy4bd2brjfn1Jp8FpVf2APKdDa2nRrzKRX0STVShSNxi5aLAGMLjuMxV--rFVVK7FvqyjJNNwwtAW-HmN-aECZTKy7CTNeR4PjEznbwi

Edited by OneGhoulyBoi

Here we go.

+1 Make them more traditional ghouls/undead instead of the common reoccurring theme of 'Slice of life' that's become so prevalent in lotc. They have rotting bodies, etc, it would make sense that their intellectual capacity would begin to deteriorate as well as soon as the ritual is complete.

Edit: I think you should be more specific however in how intelligent they are in the amendment and remove your personal opinion. Just my 2 cents really.

I thought the whole point of morghuuls was that they weren't normal ghouls. They're MORE ghouls.

Seriously though I like my ghoul the way it is, which is a hungry cursed shadow of a person with an inability to resist attacking people when presented the opportunity but is still intelligent enough to feel guilty after he's fed because he was a good dude when he was alive.

What you're presenting would make playing a morghuul worse than playing a spriggan. Even if they were made into an exclusively servile creature, compare them to others.

Atronachs are intended to serve and depend on mages to function. They have entire personalities and can seek their own goals.

Muyakelg are pretty much flesh golems, but they're full people who usually want to serve their creators.

Golems are pretty much robots, who while fairly dependent on others for RP, have a unique flavor of RP that can be thoroughly enjoyable for them and others around them.

Spriggans have total sentience and are bound to serve druids, the only difference between them and a person being that they can't talk.

Paleknights are actually people. Just ghost people in rocks who don't like living people.

What would morghuuls be?

Emotionless, expressionless, personality-less, one-dimensional characters who are literally lore-bound to do absolutely nothing but feed unless someone forces them to do something else. There is no degree of freedom at all, and no reason to play them unless you want a character who you can attack people with without repercussions or you get a kick out of serving a necromancer.

Edited by TheCritsyBear

9 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

Emotionless, expressionless, personality-less, one-dimensional characters who are literally lore-bound to do absolutely nothing but feed unless someone forces them to do something else. There is no degree of freedom at all, and no reason to play them unless you want a character who you can attack people with without repercussions or you get a kick out of serving a necromancer.

I believe you're exaggerating a bit. That being said it would help if the person who posted this was more specific on how intelligent that he believes they should be. I don't think it should be in a ghouls prerogative to find a husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend, go through the trouble of getting a draught, and have a family with a kid or 2. That's unreasonable in my mind and that level of intelligence in an undead creature should not be present nor should they even be capable of a relationship or having friends besides other beings like it.

6 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

I thought the whole point of morghuuls was that they weren't normal ghouls. They're MORE ghouls.

Seriously though I like my ghoul the way it is, which is a hungry cursed shadow of a person with an inability to resist attacking people when presented the opportunity but is still intelligent enough to feel guilty after he's fed because he was a good dude when he was alive.

What you're presenting would make playing a morghuul worse than playing a spriggan. Even if they were made into an exclusively servile creature, compare them to others.

Atronachs are intended to serve and depend on mages to function. They have entire personalities and can seek their own goals.

Muyakelg are pretty much flesh golems, but they're full people who usually want to serve their creators.

Golems are pretty much robots, who while fairly dependent on others for RP, have a unique flavor of RP that can be thoroughly enjoyable for them and others around them.

Spriggans have total sentience and are bound to serve druids, the only difference between them and a person being that they can't talk.

Paleknights are actually people. Just ghost people in rocks who don't like living people.

What would ghouls be?

How can you compare a paleknight (final form of a ghost), an atronach (arcanic construct MADE to be good) and a golem (made to be powerful) to a shambling, rotten corpse? Ghouls aren't meant to be free. They are meant to be bound by their eternal hunger and hunt for life force. Ghouls and Morghuuls are the same thing, by the way, MOrghuul are just more sentient, but still lack a personality or common sense. So get off your high boots.

can you make it so they need a necromancer to bring them back rather than just rezzing on their own. i hate soul shadows

Just now, The Fire Mind said:

can you make it so they need a necromancer to bring them back rather than just rezzing on their own. i hate soul shadows

I could include that, but idk.

Just felt like the whole intelligent ghouls thing was a more pressing matter.

4 minutes ago, The Fire Mind said:

What he said

5 minutes ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Just felt like the whole intelligent ghouls thing was a more pressing matter.

i agree with you but death is also important

1 minute ago, The Fire Mind said:

i agree with you but death is also important

Maybe if this one is taken in well and is accepted I'll put up one regardind that.

Just now, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Maybe if this one is taken in well and is accepted I'll put up one regardind that.

Might as well go for the whole shabang. 

4 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Might as well go for the whole shabang. 

there we go.