[Lore Sub] Ghoul Ammendment (Small thing)

OzYmandi

+1

Can your next one be about how necromancers hold lich phylacteries please thank you

44 minutes ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

How can you compare a paleknight (final form of a ghost), an atronach (arcanic construct MADE to be good) and a golem (made to be powerful) to a shambling, rotten corpse? Ghouls aren't meant to be free. They are meant to be bound by their eternal hunger and hunt for life force. Ghouls and Morghuuls are the same thing, by the way, MOrghuul are just more sentient, but still lack a personality or common sense. So get off your high boots.

I'm comparing them because they're all creatures made to be servants.

2 hours ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

How can you compare a paleknight (final form of a ghost), 

...Yeah, that's not the final form of a ghost. Paleknight's are so wildly different from ghosts it's amazing you even think that. The closest thing to what you say that would be considered even remotely true is that a paleknight is a ghost that is trapped in a stone body, basically. 

Idk why a ghost would want to be, for all intents and purposes, a DreadKnight and at the same time lose a lot of freedom. Invisibility, ******* with people, possession, etc. for less than living physical presence unless they just REALLY like killing people - and most ghosts aren't like that. 

Just a correction, is all. I feel like the final form of a ghost would be far more ghostly than a suped up golem. 

2 hours ago, TheCritsyBear said:

I'm comparing them because they're all creatures made to be servants.

But all of them are way better than ghouls and such is stated in their lore. THEIR LORE allows people to be the way they play those creatures GHOUL LORE doesn't, and people like you seem to be forgetting that and RP ghouls with feelings.

27 minutes ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

But all of them are way better than ghouls and such is stated in their lore. THEIR LORE allows people to be the way they play those creatures GHOUL LORE doesn't, and people like you seem to be forgetting that and RP ghouls with feelings.

Morghuuls have feelings. I had a whole discussion with the MT overseeing me about it. They have feelings-- Now that isn't to say they have normal human feelings. They have dulled feelings, deadened feelings. And only when they've fed.

1 minute ago, TheCritsyBear said:

Morghuuls have feelings. I had a whole discussion with the MT overseeing me about it. They have feelings-- Now that isn't to say they have normal human feelings. They have dulled feelings, deadened feelings. And only when they've fed.

Exactly the point of this ammendment. Why would rotting, decaying corpses in a starve for lifeforce have time to even think about trying have feelings?

1 minute ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Exactly the point of this ammendment. Why would rotting, decaying corpses in a starve for lifeforce have time to even think about trying have feelings?

Because who the hell wants to role play a brainless minion for more than a day or two? It's not interesting. It gives you like one or two options for RP. It's STUPID. This isn't JUST a story. It's also a game. People like to enjoy themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Demotheus said:

Because who the hell wants to role play a brainless minion for more than a day or two? It's not interesting. It gives you like one or two options for RP. It's STUPID. This isn't JUST a story. It's also a game. People like to enjoy themselves. 

Enjoy themselves by working hard up the ranks to get ordainment. Be a good servant to ascend and create more like those. The point of ghouldom is for you to grow stronger, until your master sees fit to reward you, that reward being ordainment. You can't expect to simply fly straight up the ranks.

10 minutes ago, OneGhoulyBoi said:

Enjoy themselves by working hard up the ranks to get ordainment. Be a good servant to ascend and create more like those. The point of ghouldom is for you to grow stronger, until your master sees fit to reward you, that reward being ordainment. You can't expect to simply fly straight up the ranks.

Why would they want to go up the ranks? They're not intelligent enough to know about that. 

1 minute ago, Demotheus said:

Why would they want to go up the ranks? They're not intelligent enough to know about that. 

Did you read the edited ammendment?

I'm guessing not.

3 hours ago, Demotheus said:

Because when a ghoul is told that there is a way to free them from their clouded, constantly confused mind, they’re willing to suck whatever cock necessary to be free from the wild bewildering torture which is the ghoulish mind. Ghouls are stupid, but they aren’t unintelligent to the point where they don’t understand the concept of a basic rank system where they are the bottom and going up is good. 

Anyways, yes +1. Splice of life doesn’t belong to ghouls. That’s part of the reason ghouls are so tormented. They physically can’t understand the emotions they once had, yadda yadda yadda. The grammar in the post wasn’t best, so it kind of made it difficult to read, but I get the gist. The only thing I’m iffy about is the death thing. Ghouldom is supposed to be a way to escape death, but at the same time I agree with it because it allows a ghoul to be PK’d. Idk, I’m leaning towards a solid +1. Ghouls need a way to be PK’d, that’s all I know. 

Thank you for submitting your piece! This will be our final vote until the end of February and due to the amount of lore currently submitted, will take 2 weeks to finish. Expect a verdict here on the 30th/31st.

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of lore pieces (32 or so) that we're reviewing this time around, I am extending the current vote. A verdict will be posted here around the 5th. I'll post here again to keep you updated if anything else arises.

-snip-

edit: this lore is denied due to an impending rework of necromancy and mysticism.