[Shelved][✓] Resonant Renditions I

Swgrclan

5 hours ago, Gladuos said:

6 IRL months is only about 25 IG years by the way.
Abyssfire imbuement: BONFIRE DARK SOULS ???

Losing minds the more they die: HOLLOWS ???

What exactly is a Knight chapter btw? Is that somehow a descriptor for a certain number of Knights?

Why is this treating wraiths as if it's something people are going to want to avoid? Isn't it mainly an endgame form that (whether they admit it or not) people would want to be shooting for? I may have not fully understood but it's just what I discerned from how things were described.

Alright, I wasn't making a theme reference with the death-insanity thing (because its supposed to connect to unintended Wraith transformation later down the line, and they don't turn into gaunt corpsey mindless thralls), but I'll admit I was grasping for straws as far as the bonfire goes. What I was trying to get across with Abyssfire imbuement, though, is that a varied amount of lighter effects can be produced through creative use of the stuff. With the right way of going about it, a Resonant Knight could probably even churn out a bonfire that carries the opposite effects - either pushing undead creatures into a frenzy or making them increasingly uncomfortable. Etcetera.

I wanted to distance Wraithdom from being an endgame, and rather poise it as a moral and existential choice. Instead of treating the magic like a one-way ticket to becoming a Nazgul, those along the path can really consider if its worth it. If they become one, they'll be immortal, and far stronger than everyone else- but everything a person can do, such as feel and love and be content, will be lost. They'll be transcended of weakness and mortal limitation- but they'll be one step away from insanity, if the experience doesn't already make them manic. This choice is also reinforced by the current group's rhetoric of becoming a Wraith means to "lose yourself" or "submit" to the Abyss' madness, where your humanity and way of being is stolen through transforming into a perpetually angry mixture of disembodied kinetic forces and blankets.

As well as the fact you get access to other spells exclusive to Tier 5, which is not reachable by Wraiths.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This will be our final vote until the end of February and due to the amount of lore currently submitted, will take 2 weeks to finish. Expect a verdict here on the 30th/31st.

I am against the Wraith changes as I have not been consulted about this and their additions. 

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of lore pieces (32 or so) that we're reviewing this time around, I am extending the current vote. A verdict will be posted here around the 5th. I'll post here again to keep you updated if anything else arises.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856