Sign in to follow this  
Talias

On the topic of quartz

In response to this: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/170018-put-quartz-in-the-mines/?tab=comments#comment-1604254

While I can see the upside of getting people voting, quartz is basically used as stone in some builds, specifically Haelun’or and seeing as Aeldrin was the one who originally posted about this, I’d assume the Snow Elves are in the same boat. We have already based our designs around an access to quartz, in the belief that like last map, it would be obtainable outside of GM stores. So by restricting access, you are basically screwing over a few specific groups massively.

We use more quartz than you might think, a single house of a small/medium size easily takes upwards of 270 blocks of quartz to build, meaning we’d have to gather 1.350 minas per single building, at 5 minas per block, and that’s only for the small builds. Meaning that anything larger would be a massive undertaking, which would only involve waiting around to vote once a day. Because as Sporadic said, there is no other way to optain minas, outside of trading of course.

I can see the point when it comes to things such as sea lanterns, neatherrack, glowstone and sponge blocks, which are used in smaller quantities for more specialized things. But not quartz, as when quartz is actually used to build with, it is in large amounts.
Perhaps making quartz available, and to replace its spot in the GM store, start selling endstone, and purpur blocks, so people have access to those, while also continuing to vote.

@Sporadic

@Aeldrin

Edited by Talias

Do it. Stop restricting blocks to those with deep pockets already. The only time I've seen the purpur blocks even used was the Sunless Sanctum I took to running around in while waiting for my graven to respawn. Just put it all in the mineworld. What's the worst that can happen?

Quartz is so essential to Haelun'or builds that it would be practically IMPOSSIBLE to build anything with that sort of architecture using the admin shop. Unless there are changes to be expected, in price or availability through the resource island, we are unable to expand or even finish up and make the existing houses' interiors. That would lead to something extremely un-high elven, the opposite of progress; the stagnation of Haelun'or. I hope the admins, or GMs, reach out to Haelun'or to solve the issue, if no changes are to be expected.

Should just add quartz to the special stone pit on the resource island.

Please do this, we can't use legos forever.

((Maybe you could just give us all a ton of legos every day with /legos or something lol))

Don't put in the mineworld, just put actual quartz blocks in a quarry in the resource Island.

I want to spend 24k Mina making a build.

23 hours ago, HortonHeardAWho said:

At least they'll know you're rich! Kappa

Feels bad man, I had a build I was going to do but then I used schematica to find out how many blocks of quartz I'd need for it. It's sittin' at about 72k

Seeing as the response to this came in a Status made by Aythyinae, I think it'd be reasonable to further the point and make a little request.

In the beginning you had set the price for quartz at 3 minas, but later raised it to 5 making it even harder to get in the large amounts needed, can we atleast see about getting the price lowered a bit so we won't need upwards of 50.000 minas just to finish our builds, you have to agree that that is quite frankly an unreasonable ask. 
Setting it at 1 mina a block, or even just the original 3 would make the idea of ever finishing our builds possible, instead of just some distant dream that will never actually happen.

Edited by Talias