[✗] Guardian Spirits of the Realm of the Fae

NomadGaia

Though your effort is commendable, I feel as though this only means to add onto the excess of what could be considered endgames for Druids (Soultrees, Ferals, Shapeshifting, Thuleanism), and that it perpetuates this bizarre conceptual trend where means of immortality or powers enabling a presence beyond the Cycle (that is to say, depart a Druid from naturality) are consistently and repeatedly granted by the Aspects and their detractors. I think what we have now is quite enough, really.

Are guardian fae rings immune to cybering?

See you totally had me before you got into the battle effects. Like it seemed dope that druids could ascend to live in the fae realm and maybe even come back as Force Ghosts or something but if voidal arts are gonna get blasted for "power creep" then this cannot be accepted as it adds an entirely new level of power to every aspect of the druid without sufficient consequences. 

I love fae realm lore and I think that if you had passive effects rather than active effects and cut this lore to 20% of what it is I could get behind it. Maybe instead of having them be super spirit warriors their dedication builds an effect on the monument of their death? From the ritual point certain nature-y effects occur that don't involve OP forms of combat? Maybe the animals become healthier or a the area is harder to taint or something. The ritual site being a pilgrimage spot of sorts? Give up their powers and put their personality in a tree or spriggan? 

(and pls don't use LoL as refs. For my sanity q_q)

Its not an end game. End game implies that you become a more powerful version of what you were before, and usually retain all your previous powers (like Keepers and Archons do).

These spirits lose all their mortal druidic powers and slowly gain new ones. Considering you need to start at square one (tier 1) with entirely new powers if your character dies and becomes a guardian spirit, I dont see how this qualifies.

2 hours ago, WuHanXianShi14 said:

Its not an end game. End game implies that you become a more powerful version of what you were before, and usually retain all your previous powers (like Keepers and Archons do).

These spirits lose all their mortal druidic powers and slowly gain new ones. Considering you need to start at square one (tier 1) with entirely new powers if your character dies and becomes a guardian spirit, I dont see how this qualifies.

I don’t want to sound rude and ask if you read the lore but it does seem to say in multiple locations that they do keep their old powers as they learn these new ones. Unfortunately by your own definition of “end game” we have a contradiction. 

I was in a call with Gaia whilst he was fretting about this, but honestly it's a brilliant write up. The concept is very interesting and despite the fluster of "no end game",  I love the idea Gaia and fully support this +1

I support the lore as it is actually a true endgame, the only thing tied to druidism which could be considered an endgamenis soultrees which aren't even. Especially when the main possitive is immortality but considering most are elven and that majority of players refuse to pk woth regular characters, it becomes a moot point.

14 hours ago, GaiaLoTC said:

“Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your blessing unto me…

You kiddos are getting dangerously close to summoning the dark brotherhood. . .

In all seriousness though I'm not gonna ***** about "oh no more endgames!" though I do have a few problems with this. For one this lore, if passed and implemented, is going to be heavily abused and open up a lot more cases of powergaming. There seemingly no redlines given to the Aspects of Cunning and the Aspects of Strength, and trust me I looked for them. This needs to be fixed. Give them weaknesses and downsides to taking on different Aspects instead of others. For example if a druid were to take on the "Spirit of the Nightowl" you say they're granted enhanced sight in the dark, well then as a result they should have horrid sight when faced with harsh lighting. Giving someone abilities with purely buffs and no debuffs will only lead to shitty situations.

Others have commented about the fact that you shouldn't be able to unattune  guardians, and I agree with this heavily. How does it make sense that a spirit of a druid would be able to be PK'd super easily just because they pissed off one person and got unattuned. You should write another way for a PK clause if you believe one is needed. (I hate PK clauses more than I hate myself so I don't think you should have to make one)

And finally this isn't something I believe should change I just want to know why it has to be the way it is. Why must a druid be on the brink of death in order to become a Guardian, wouldn't it be more preferable to have them perform the ritual when they're alive? I'm simply confused as to why this is, but feel free to explain if you wish.

What are the weaknesses really. These things are as powerful as wights, even more, and at least wights suffer a few curses.

And, yes, they should be able to be pk'd, perhaps not by being unnatuned, but someway.

Hey everyone! After a lot of clear and honest feedback, I’m going to be taking another look into this lore and making some major changes to it. Thank you to everyone who gave their constructive feedback, so that I could really try and make this something that people can really enjoy, and so it can add to the world!

4 hours ago, GaiaLoTC said:

Hey everyone! After a lot of clear and honest feedback, I’m going to be taking another look into this lore and making some major changes to it. Thank you to everyone who gave their constructive feedback, so that I could really try and make this something that people can really enjoy, and so it can add to the world!

No

We don't want to "enjoy" this.

we don't want it.

we have enough of these power surges that people want to continuously gain more and more power. You've already got soul trees, which were supposed to work as a new end game, and yes, they are an end game, just as liches are. 

And are you ******* blind? The whole ******* server has been screaming about lore bloat.  and I don't want to have to deal with some ******* wight-werewolf-pinnochio-beautiful 7 foot tall wood elf that is literally unkillable, not because of what it is, but because of the players playing it who refuse to die, and even then, if I manage to pound a ******* anvil of gold on this ****, it'll only respawn. 

So **** this ****, like make some prayers? Druidic culture that adds to the mystery, but ****. This. ****.

19 minutes ago, Jentos said:

No

We don't want to "enjoy" this.

we don't want it.

we have enough of these power surges that people want to continuously gain more and more power. You've already got soul trees, which were supposed to work as a new end game, and yes, they are an end game, just as liches are. 

And are you ******* blind? The whole ******* server has been screaming about lore bloat.  and I don't want to have to deal with some ******* wight-werewolf-pinnochio-beautiful 7 foot tall wood elf that is literally unkillable, not because of what it is, but because of the players playing it who refuse to die, and even then, if I manage to pound a ******* anvil of gold on this ****, it'll only respawn. 

So **** this ****, like make some prayers? Druidic culture that adds to the mystery, but ****. This. ****.

shad YES

Look, I don't want some sort of powered up ghost form for druids to strive for as a power grab, and I'm encouraged by the brainstorming session they had the other night when deciding how to revise this. How about instead of complaining about the possibility of a major rewrite of this, you instead wait and judge the rewrite based on its own merits?