[✗] Guardian Spirits of the Realm of the Fae

NomadGaia

1 hour ago, Jentos said:

No

We don't want to "enjoy" this.

we don't want it.

we have enough of these power surges that people want to continuously gain more and more power. You've already got soul trees, which were supposed to work as a new end game, and yes, they are an end game, just as liches are. 

And are you ******* blind? The whole ******* server has been screaming about lore bloat.  and I don't want to have to deal with some ******* wight-werewolf-pinnochio-beautiful 7 foot tall wood elf that is literally unkillable, not because of what it is, but because of the players playing it who refuse to die, and even then, if I manage to pound a ******* anvil of gold on this ****, it'll only respawn. 

So **** this ****, like make some prayers? Druidic culture that adds to the mystery, but ****. This. ****.

Jesus Christ you slayer 

Looks like a ton of added abilities, but hardly any decent drawbacks.

On 29/01/2018 at 12:25 AM, Ford said:

No more ******* endgames.

I'm gonna have to agree

Very well written. You've put lots of time into this and it shows. We don't need more endgame though, both in druidism and the server at large. -1 I'll try to write up a bit more once I'm able.

I was a fan until I read that the abilities are combat related ****. Also spectrals are getting smacked in February so you might want to adjust for that, not a fan of having something that only gold can counter. And yeah you can say Resonant knights can do stuff or blight can but let's be realistic, there's barely a presence of that outside of spook bases. Listing a bunch of weaknesses that you're probably never going to encounter while having one that's a viable counter (gold) isn't good.

While i dont consider the excess amount of lore as a bloat, moreso than a misuse of lore, and uninclusive nature of rp. i have to agree with what most people are saying. Soul trees are meant to be the end game of druids. saying they are failed amd arent doing what they were meant to be, and creating a new end game isnt going to fix soul trees. this lore will jist have it that noone will want to be a soul tree as this is a more appealing opportunity. If something is wrong with a lore, fix it, make it so more people can rp and find enjoyment with it. dont just go over it and make diff lore thats more appealing. This doesnt go for this lore in specific but all lore. as the previously mentioned mentality is what many would.be lore writers have.

12 hours ago, Jentos said:

No

We don't want to "enjoy" this.

we don't want it.

we have enough of these power surges that people want to continuously gain more and more power. You've already got soul trees, which were supposed to work as a new end game, and yes, they are an end game, just as liches are. 

And are you ******* blind? The whole ******* server has been screaming about lore bloat.  and I don't want to have to deal with some ******* wight-werewolf-pinnochio-beautiful 7 foot tall wood elf that is literally unkillable, not because of what it is, but because of the players playing it who refuse to die, and even then, if I manage to pound a ******* anvil of gold on this ****, it'll only respawn. 

So **** this ****, like make some prayers? Druidic culture that adds to the mystery, but ****. This. ****.

If you have a problem with something someone presented, that is absolutely fine, but your point would be more clear and powerful if you retained some form of civility. I'm not asking that you be over-the-top nice but at least retain some composure, this is a person you are talking to who has put a lot of work into something they genuinely think is a good idea to add to the community. Also, what Leo said, it's a post about ghosts on a minecraft server, chill.

A nice drawback would be to give mystics the ability to control these ghosts like they can command specters and other creatures.

On 1/29/2018 at 12:47 AM, Sir K Andruske said:

See you totally had me before you got into the battle effects. Like it seemed dope that druids could ascend to live in the fae realm and maybe even come back as Force Ghosts or something but if voidal arts are gonna get blasted for "power creep" then this cannot be accepted as it adds an entirely new level of power to every aspect of the druid without sufficient consequences. 

I love fae realm lore and I think that if you had passive effects rather than active effects and cut this lore to 20% of what it is I could get behind it. Maybe instead of having them be super spirit warriors their dedication builds an effect on the monument of their death? From the ritual point certain nature-y effects occur that don't involve OP forms of combat? Maybe the animals become healthier or a the area is harder to taint or something. The ritual site being a pilgrimage spot of sorts? Give up their powers and put their personality in a tree or spriggan? 

(and pls don't use LoL as refs. For my sanity q_q)

I was going to comment this but then felt there wasn’t a need to reiterate, as BNK said it all perfectly. I’m a lover of Star Wars and the Druid Lore, so naturally this was an enjoyable read, but it’s so unnecessary. And yes, I would be salted due to the fact Voidal arts got the hammer and some aspects of this lore didn’t, so feel free to change the battle effects. :^)

On 1/29/2018 at 9:36 AM, Leap1Ghosts said:

You kiddos are getting dangerously close to summoning the dark brotherhood. . .

In all seriousness though I'm not gonna ***** about "oh no more endgames!" though I do have a few problems with this. For one this lore, if passed and implemented, is going to be heavily abused and open up a lot more cases of powergaming. There seemingly no redlines given to the Aspects of Cunning and the Aspects of Strength, and trust me I looked for them. This needs to be fixed. Give them weaknesses and downsides to taking on different Aspects instead of others. For example if a druid were to take on the "Spirit of the Nightowl" you say they're granted enhanced sight in the dark, well then as a result they should have horrid sight when faced with harsh lighting. Giving someone abilities with purely buffs and no debuffs will only lead to shitty situations.

Others have commented about the fact that you shouldn't be able to unattune  guardians, and I agree with this heavily. How does it make sense that a spirit of a druid would be able to be PK'd super easily just because they pissed off one person and got unattuned. You should write another way for a PK clause if you believe one is needed. (I hate PK clauses more than I hate myself so I don't think you should have to make one)

And finally this isn't something I believe should change I just want to know why it has to be the way it is. Why must a druid be on the brink of death in order to become a Guardian, wouldn't it be more preferable to have them perform the ritual when they're alive? I'm simply confused as to why this is, but feel free to explain if you wish.

And this. 

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

This Lore has been denied. 

A number of the team feel that druidic lore already has enough added to it as is and something as big as this would add to the problem. Should parts of druid lore get removed or changed to change this aspect, that stance may change.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.