[✗] [Lore Submission] Ghost Drain

Demotheus

36 minutes ago, Swgrclan said:

The only actual difference between a Ghost and a Ghoul is that their Soul Shadow is housed within different vessels, not that their Soul Shadows are formulated differently. However they're made, they are what they are - they're shadows of the spirit and carry the same qualities.

No, I've had conversations with different LMs at length about this, what I stated was fact.

I don't like this idea of making ghosts stronger. This horror chill thing was great, but in my eyes, ghosts shouldn't be more than ectoplasm ghouls. They have plenty of unique abilities, we don't have to force every single cliche onto lotc lore; besides, ghosts do have an 'upgrade', much like ghouls become liches. (Try paleknights!)

1 hour ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

I don't like this idea of making ghosts stronger. This horror chill thing was great, but in my eyes, ghosts shouldn't be more than ectoplasm ghouls. They have plenty of unique abilities, we don't have to force every single cliche onto lotc lore; besides, ghosts do have an 'upgrade', much like ghouls become liches. (Try paleknights!)

Paleknights are NOT ghost upgrades. They are not even close to resembling a ghost and I hate when people try to pretend they have anything to do with ghosts other than ghosts being stuffed in a rock. They lose all of their ghostly abilities from what I've read, and are essentially completely different creatures in my eyes.

I want ghosts that are like in horror movies. Not a ghost-filled construct that is designed to serve a master. That's not how ghosts should be. Ghosts shouldn't be the sort of creature that serves anyone. They should haunt, and be scary, and provide RP that is high tension without it involving the balance of the world or some crap like that. 

Paleknights are mystic brand dreadknights. Not an upgrade to a ghost. People role play ghosts for certain reasons, and I don't think it's to become a discount dreadknight. Ghosts provide a substantially different kind of roleplay than that, and in my eyes, more valuable. 

TL;DR Paleknights are not ghosts.

1 hour ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

I don't like this idea of making ghosts stronger.

Mystics can already empower ghosts to do pretty much all of the new strengths listed here, and there are already examples of WAY STRONG event ghosts who are pretty much ghosts with more ectoplasm. All this really adds is a way for ghosts to more creatively and directly feed off of people-- Which they don't have now, so comparing them to ghouls is kind of strange. Y'know, because ghouls eat people and directly munch lifeforce oh and also the fact that they're forced to do so. Ghosts don't have any of that.

Also ghosts are already stronger than ghouls even without the horrorchill addition.

4 minutes ago, Demotheus said:

Paleknights are NOT ghost upgrades. They are not even close to resembling a ghost and I hate when people try to pretend they have anything to do with ghosts other than ghosts being stuffed in a rock. They lose all of their ghostly abilities from what I've read, and are essentially completely different creatures in my eyes.

I want ghosts that are like in horror movies. Not a ghost-filled construct that is designed to serve a master. That's not how ghosts should be. Ghosts shouldn't be the sort of creature that serves anyone. They should haunt, and be scary, and provide RP that is high tension without it involving the balance of the world or some crap like that. 

Paleknights are mystic brand dreadknights. Not an upgrade to a ghost. People role play ghosts for certain reasons, and I don't think it's to become a discount dreadknight. Ghosts provide a substantially different kind of roleplay than that, and in my eyes, more valuable. 

TL;DR Paleknights are not ghosts.

ok first off

paleknights are really not like dreadknights. dreadknights dont have a menhir, dreadknights need to feed, dreadknights aren't weak to certain forms of shamanism, dreadknights dont have any mental disorders

but aside for that, what you want ghosts to be isn't what everyone wants ghosts to be. (and quite frankly it seems like most people dont want it to be that way). you're trying to make ghosts strong, and considering that they're just a ca creature, with no creator/prior rp needed, that's not a good thing. ghosts have plenty of tools as it is, and giving them more would just mean people play ghosts to have a stronger character irp.

They're both lumbering construct like slaves. The differences you list are negligible and don't really address the main point I'm getting at. Paleknights are not ghosts. They are not an upgrade to ghosts. Furthermore, people who will play ghosts just to be strong aren't doing it right. 

People who align with a faction as a ghost and help serve them aren't doing it right. 

That's my opinion anyway.

20 minutes ago, Demotheus said:

They're both lumbering construct like slaves. The differences you list are negligible and don't really address the main point I'm getting at. Paleknights are not ghosts. They are not an upgrade to ghosts. Furthermore, people who will play ghosts just to be strong aren't doing it right. 

People who align with a faction as a ghost and help serve them aren't doing it right. 

That's my opinion anyway

I guess I can see where you're coming from. My only real concern is that people would start using ghosts as an excuse to be stronger IRP, but that might aswell just not happen.

25 minutes ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

I guess I can see where you're coming from. My only real concern is that people would start using ghosts as an excuse to be stronger IRP, but that might aswell just not happen.

That's why I have a caveat about killing people...I also wanna do another lore peice on ghosts regarding moving on that you'll like.

I like this. Make sure ghosts more relevant in terms of things instead of just 'whoop I'm floating', I agree with it. 

I like what Demo noted up above, maybe there should be a way for the ghost to expand on their reason to exist, and maybe requirements needed before they can 'pass on' metaphorically speaking. Ghost RP has been unique and enjoyable, with many ghosts having their own style and reasons for what they do. This will help them be more relevant! +1

19 hours ago, TheCritsyBear said:

No, I've had conversations with different LMs at length about this, what I stated was fact.

You may have had conversations with LMs, but they're also wrong, because I'm one of the two people that actually participated in developing what "Soul Shadow" means as a state of the spirit, alongside Zarsies. I'm not too keen on whatever new definition they slapped on to split it into a multi-fauceted label.

2 hours ago, Swgrclan said:

You may have had conversations with LMs, but they're also wrong, because I'm one of the two people that actually participated in developing what "Soul Shadow" means as a state of the spirit, alongside Zarsies. I'm not too keen on whatever new definition they slapped on to split it into a multi-fauceted label.

Zarsies was one of the people I had a conversation with about it, and the first person that confirmed that ghosts have actual souls.

Edited by TheCritsyBear

3 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

Zarsies was one of the people I had a conversation with about it, and the first person that confirmed that ghosts have actual souls.

5ad913747dbb894c074cb01d8945a133.png

6 minutes ago, Swgrclan said:

alright if we're gonna like, steal zarsies' words for arguments and stuff

4e9f068091e5f0c095bfb327903a1978.png

1a7d1a27518ec5ca2531d75da8118c02.png

All "soul shadow" means is that they have fragmented souls.

789a595818102ae63f0ff4f1e1a88ba3.png

Ghosts still have their original soul, but it's fractured.

edit: wait are we arguing on if ghosts have real souls that were made into soul shadows or if ghosts have soul shadows period I can't remember

Edited by TheCritsyBear

2 minutes ago, TheCritsyBear said:

alright if we're gonna like, steal zarsies' words for arguments and stuff

4e9f068091e5f0c095bfb327903a1978.png

1a7d1a27518ec5ca2531d75da8118c02.png

All "soul shadow" means is that they have fragmented souls.

789a595818102ae63f0ff4f1e1a88ba3.png

Ghosts still have their original soul, but it's fractured.

edit: wait are we arguing on if ghosts have real souls that were made into soul shadows or if ghosts have soul shadows period I can't remember

We're arguing whether or not they have Soul Shadows, which they do- and a Soul Shadow cannot be a whole soul, because its either the false reformation of a soul that manifests within a body, or the fragments of a soul either left behind or created from someone's spirit experiencing the trauma of death. In the end, there is no difference in definition or function, even if origin differentiates. 

Thank you for submitting your piece! Expect a verdict in about 2 weeks.