Time Lady of Kittens

[Feedback/Suggestion] Companion App Large Creatures

Should there be a companion app?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should LT require Large companions to have an Application?

2. 2. Should LT require all companions gained through event have an Application?

This has been bouncing around my head since I started the re-write on my Ker Wolves. I was in talks with an LT member about this and they had agreed. I want to see what the playerbase thinks.

It would be an easy way to keep track of morko bears, ker wolves, froilicks, scaddernacks, lur wolves, and the likes. It would also do well in keeping Phoenixs and other event specific creatures.

Idea for Creature app

MC Name

Character Name

Creature

Link to Creature Lore

Explain the redlines of the creature

How did you obtain

Screenshot of obtaining

Just something very easy and simple. There could be that the lore writer posts to verify that someone without a screen has a companion.

Ideas, thoughts?

Stop the oversized combat pet abuse now!

1 hour ago, Time Lady of Kittens said:

scaddernacks

If anyone is having a scaddernack as a pet, they should be reported and banned. There is not a single orc in existence that can control one currently. Scaddernacks are siege weapons, not pets.

7 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

If anyone is having a scaddernack as a pet, they should be reported and banned. There is not a single orc in existence that can control one currently. Scaddernacks are siege weapons, not pets.

you get my point. I know there was some other orc creatures that are used as companions (not pets) or at least controlled by a player.

I can agree to this though going make it hard with the old event creature I have that I actually had gotten from the last map on two different characters. A grey mare boar which is just a rather large boar really. But I'd agree to this really it makes sense to be whole heartedly honest

No, not really. I've seen pets used in battle maybe.. Once or twice? the vast majority of the large creatures I've encountered are just horses by another name. Shall we require an app for horses? Didja know horses are pretty lethal when you train em for war? Oh yes! Horses can kick and bite and even crush if they have armor on! -1

12 hours ago, The Templar said:

No, not really. I've seen pets used in battle maybe.. Once or twice? the vast majority of the large creatures I've encountered are just horses by another name. Shall we require an app for horses? Didja know horses are pretty lethal when you train em for war? Oh yes! Horses can kick and bite and even crush if they have armor on! -1

I mean, horses are quite common creatures that everyone can get. I'd say this is similar to weapons and magic. Magic can be a weapon, but it's not as common (well, actually probably not) and can easily be abused as well as some can be limited. Weapons can just appear out of thin air for some people, maces or swords or something. They're good and can go up against magic, but they don't require apps. Horses, dogs, etc. aren't particularly unique or rely on very special knowledge for basic rp, while event or magic creatures can require a lot of knowledge. This can prevent people from magically getting a Ker wolf from woop woop one day, etc. I hope ya understand me, I'm rather bad at typing but yeah lmao :P

As a druid who actively roleplays the raising of his pack of Tahn hounds I do not wish to have a staff member evaluate the linguistics of the various animals that inhabit my grove. Theoretically as a druid I could be able to relocate various species into my grove with relevent ease and be able to convince them to not only remain there but to befriend them as a companion. We don't need applications for everything on the server, and in spite of the whole slippery slope argument, I believe that exceptions should be rarely used and if we have an application for creatures why not for people able to do swordsmanship? Perhaps archery, or the dreaded FTB applications? The last bit was a joke, but I genuinely dislike the idea of companion applications.