Rangers of the Wild

Bananasaurus

BQwMVY2.png

A conservationist guild of like-minded individuals from all races and walks of life. They take mercenary contracts as well, like some other ranger guilds, but their main goal is to patrol the wilds of Arcas and preserve the balance of nature and peace between the peoples, animals, and plants of the world.

Pursuant to their creed, Rangers of the Wild fill many roles. Some, the Ranger-Sentinels, prefer to walk the lonely roads at night, defending travelers from aggressive and over-populated spiders and undead. Some, the Ranger-Wildsmen, prefer to hunt wild game and feral farm animals to maintain and curtail invasive or otherwise detrimental populations. The latter serves as  secondary source of food for the Rangers, as well. Some Rangers prefer to avoid conflict as much as possible, either tending to the Rangers’  wounds, crops and/or animals (Ranger-Keepers), or serving as diplomats for the Rangers and/or the individual’s race in locations where tensions are high. These Ranger Envoys are the mediators and welcoming hand of the Rangers, and are certainly not looked down upon for wishing to stay clear of bloodshed. Another non-combatant rank of the Rangers are the Ranger-Scribes, who collect lore, both fact and fiction, from around the land. Any and all subjects are accepted into the library, even those that some might consider… untoward.

Finally, any and all fully inducted Rangers may take quests or task, such as clearing out monstrous beasts from a cavern for a treasure hunter (serving as a sort of body-gaurd or guide), exploring unknown areas and creating maps for cartographers unable to traverse the extremes of the land themselves, hunting down bandits that have preyed upon the weak, et cetera, et cetera.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

RANKS

Ranger-Master:

Lythorien Banebow

Ranger-Captains:

None

Ranger-Sentinels: 

None

Ranger Envoys:

None

Ranger Scribes:

None

Ranger Keepers:

None

Ranger-Wildsmen:

None

Recruits:

Illondr (Ranger-Sentinel-in-Training)

Aragwen Arcanscape (Ranger-Wildsman-in-Training)

Stevron Gollick (Ranger-Envoy-in-Training)

Gray Fullhood (Ranger-Sentinel-in-Training)

Daisy Applefoot (Ranger-Wildsman-in-Training)

Elawynn Caerme’onn (Ranger-Keeper-in-Training)

Former Members:

Karren Myrsta (Ranger-Scribe-in-Training) (Deceased)

Jarsek Myrsta (Ranger-Sentinel-in-Training) (Deceased)

Sarah Boliver (Maiden Name: Thompson) (Ranger-Keeper-in-Training) (Missing/Likely Deceased)

Kayen (Ranger-Scribe-in-Training) (Missing)

Alsulf Venari (Ranger-Sentinel) (Missing/Likely Deceased)

Aladar Viathran (Ranger-Envoy-in-Training) (Left of Their Own Volition)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Rangers of the Wild Creed

"I swear to abide by the by-laws of the Rangers of the Wild. I relinquish my former station if it conflicts with Ranger tenets, and swear to uphold to balance of peace and nature in our world."

OUT of CHARACTER REGULATIONS

1. Don’t be a d**k. No making jokes about sensitive topics, such as suicide, or racial, political, religious, ethnic, and other kinds of slurs (don’t say f***ot or tranny. Just don’t), no accusing someone of being a special snowflake or a cuck. If you don’t like something and have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

2. If someone says something you are doing is bothering them (like repeatedly referencing something that triggers panic episodes or flashbacks in said person), and earnestly means it, just drop it. It’s not worth them reporting you to higher-ups and getting booted

3. That’s pretty much it. Just tell us if you’re going away for a while if you can, but activity is not required. Not every character that joins is going to be played every day. We get that. Just give us some common courtesy and don’t dip out of a RP or plot in progress without some warning.

4. These regulations are subject to change, be added to, or removed at any time without warning.

IN-CHARACTER BY-LAWS:

1. All races, Descendant or no, are welcome in the ranks of the Rangers of the Wild so long as they abide by the tenets set forth here, and do not cause trouble with others of races differing form them. Any Ranger found to be practicing xenophobic activities or using slurs or unequal treatment due to race, gender, social status, sexuality, et cetera, will be subject to a verbal warning, then a monetary fine, then imprisonment, then banishment. Any Ranger caught acting violently to another Ranger or neutral person is subject to imprisonment and/or banishment depending on the severity. Murder will warrant banishment and possible handing over to the authorities of the nation wronged.

1. Relating to By-Law 1, recruits must relinquish their titles and rights held within their native nations if said titles conflict with Ranger custom.

1. All recruits must denounce their allegiances if they conflict with Ranger practices (i.e. Mali’fenn Rangers may not continue to be aligned with the Fenn because this would mean they would be duty-bound to harm other races). Recruits may, however, maintain contact and relationships with members of their former allegiances, as well as protect the cities, towns, and settlements they live in from attackers, so long as said relationships do not conflict with Ranger values in other ways.

1. You must NEVER contribute to attacks, raids, territorial disputes, or any other aggressions associated with a nation or other organization. Such activities invite ire upon the Rangers, and go against our ways.

1. Rangers caught revealing sensitive information or aligning themselves with a specific nation against another nation, are subject to banishment without prior warnings.

1. One must not intentionally harm any animal, plant, or person not actively threatening one’s self, the Rangers, or the balance of nature. Rangers seen breaking this rule are subject to verbal warnings, monetary fines, imprisonment, and banishment, in order of number of offenses.

1. Regardless of intent, all Rangers must train in the basic skills of a Ranger: bowmanship, swordplay, animal behavior studies, flora and fauna studies, and basic diplomacy. Illiterate recruits will be taught to read and write before they are inducted.

1. These by-laws are subject to change, be added to, or have tenets removed without warning, though Rangers and recruits will be notified once they are in place.

**(To apply, copy and paste-this format into a a reply on this thread. An example of a filled-out application is below the form)**

APPLICATION for RANGERS of the WILD

OoC Information

Minecraft Username: (Required)

Discord Username: (Required)

Nickname Preferred: (If any. State whether you’d like to be referred to by your character or player name)

Real-Life Age: (Required)

Preferred Pronoun(s): (He/him, she/her, they/them, etc.)

RP Sample As Applying Persona: (Required)

IC Information

Character’s Full Name: (First name, middle, last name, and, if you wish, maiden name)

Current and/or Former Titles Held: (Titles from other factions and nations)

Notable Connections Within a Nation or Other Organization: (Including but not limited to: a guard or noble)

Race: (Main/most predominant race)

Sub-Race: (If your character has any blood from another race. If not applicable, say N/A)

Sex & Gender: (if they are the same, simply state one)

Birth Year or Current Age: (Please use in-character LoTC year)

Desired Rank: (Please only choose one Ranger rank)

Training Known: (Any skills, including swordsmanship, archery, writing, tracking game, atc)

Training Desired/Needed: (I.e. if your character can’t read or write, someone is obviously helping them do this application or it’s being done in person. They’d ask for help with learning that skill in-character)

"By signing this document, you agree to the by-laws above and any the Ranger-Master and Ranger-Captains deem worthy of adding. You agree to relinquish your former station if it conflicts with Ranger tenets, and swear to uphold to balance of peace and nature in our world."

(State yes or no in-character, and type their full name without their title)

OoC Information

Minecraft Username: TheBananasaurus

Discord Username: Bananasaurus#7362

Skype Username: Only given to trusted/well-known people

Nickname Preferred: Banana, Nanners, Jesse, Lyth, Lytho, etc.

Real-Life Age: 28

Preferred Pronoun(s): He/him or they/them

Activity Level: High (multiple times a week, for several hours that day)

Main Character or Secondary Character?: Main

RP Sample As Applying Persona: Lythorien Banebow chuckled as he sat atop the fence-post, carving a small figureine out of wood with his dagger. "Aye, a dark elf ranger might sound strange to some, but it's always been my dream since I was but a child. Rangers come in all shapes and sizes, friend. Why limit one's dreams and calling in life by the body they were born in?" He waggled his brows and offered the finished carving to the stranger. "Here, a token of the Rangers of the Wild. Consider joining, if it pleases you."

IC Information

Character’s Full Name: Lythorien Banebow

Current and/or Former Titles Held: Ranger-Master

Race: Dark elf

Sex & Gender: Intersex & male

Sub-Race: Posible woof elf heritage

Birth Year: 1606

Birthplace: "Where do most dark elves my age come from, friend? You have your answer well enough, then."

Notable Connections Within a Nation or Other Organization: None.

Desired Rank: N/A

Training Known: All ranger disciplines to varying degrees of mastery, along with first aid, basic potion making, wood carving, and mounted combat.

Training Desired/Needed: "I always seek to hone my skills with every dawn and dusk that passes.

Character's Reason For Wishing to Join the RotW: "It has always been my dream to help the beasts, plants, and people of the world in a peaceful manner, though I know peace is not always possible. Regardless, it is usually the best option sought after first. Our world is here long after we pass. Greed, titles, wars - they are fleeting. With the Rangers, however, we can maintain the balance that was here before us, and will hopefully last long after we pass into memory."

"By signing this document, you agree to the by-laws above and any the Ranger-Master and Ranger-Captains deem worthy of adding. You agree to relinquish your former station if it conflicts with Ranger tenets, and swear to uphold to balance of peace and nature in our world."

"I, Lythorien Banebow, do solemnly swear to uphold the creed of the Rangers of the Wild as long as I breathe and walk this plane."

- Ranger-Master Lythorien Banebow

**(To apply, copy and paste-this format into a a reply on this thread.)**

OoC Information

Minecraft Username: HopeOfFuture

Discord Username: (Required) none

Skype Username: (Optional) none

Nickname Preferred: (If any. State whether you’d like to be referred to by your character or player name)

Illondr

Real-Life Age: 13

Preferred Pronoun(s): (He/him, she/her, they/them, etc.) He

Activity Level: (Rangers will not be kicked for inactivity, but they will be assumed lost or killed until they return) All american holidays and summer time

RP Sample As Applying Persona:

IC Information

Character’s Full Name: Illondr

Current and/or Former Titles Held: 

Race: Wood Elf

Sex & Gender: (if they are the same, simply state one) Male

Sub-Race: (If not applicable, say N/A) N/A

Birthplace: (If a character is unwilling to give this information, or does not know, state so in-character)

Does not know

Notable Connections Within a Nation or Other Organization:

Helps Virarim fight of bandits, but other than that none

Desired Rank: Ranger Sentinel

Training Known:

Master Archer, Excel Stealth, Great Unarmed Combat

Training Desired/Needed: (I.e. if your character can’t read or write, someone is obviously helping them do this application or it’s being done in person. They’d ask for help with learning that skill in-character)

Horrible Swordsmanship, Bad diplomacy, 

Reason For Wishing to Join the RotW:

To bring peace and balance in nature and help the world, and stop bandits and undead from killing innocent

I Illondr(full name not known )agree to this

On 2/24/2018 at 5:52 PM, HopeOfFuture said:

OoC Information

Discord Username: (Required) none

Nickname Preferred: (If any. State whether you’d like to be referred to by your character or player name)

Illondr

Activity Level: (Rangers will not be kicked for inactivity, but they will be assumed lost or killed until they return) All american holidays and summer time

IC Information

Birthplace: (If a character is unwilling to give this information, or does not know, state so in-character)

Does not know

Training Known:

Training Desired/Needed: (I.e. if your character can’t read or write, someone is obviously helping them do this application or it’s being done in person. They’d ask for help with learning that skill in-character)

To bring peace and balance in nature and help the world, and stop bandits and undead from killing innocent

Thank you for applying, friendo! :) I'm liking what I see so far, but there's a few things you didn't place. Please fill in the missing information, such as an in-chacrracter post, and your Discord name. If you do nt have Discord, please create an account so we can all stay in contact whether or not we can log into Minecraft/LotC. 

OoC Information

Minecraft Username: ElvenHuntress

Discord Username: ElvenHuntress#9203

Skype Username: N/A

Nickname Preferred: Elven, but calling by my char's name is cool too.

Real-Life Age: 15

Preferred Pronoun(s): She/her or they/them

Activity Level: Eh, i'm usually busy on Mondays (irl stuff) but any other day I can be online if need be and I usually play for around 3-5 hours

Main Character or Secondary Character?: Secondary

Sarah Thomson smiled a bit at the stranger, busying herself with writing notes, "The work of nature is what fascinates me most, how the plants and trees can look after themselves and can thrive for hundreds of years..." She then looked up from her book noticing the stranger seeming confused. "Ah, sorry I have a habit of babbling on, I tend to get a bit excited." she then closed her book, "consider coming to me again if you have an injury or just want to talk about the wonders of nature."

IC Information

Character’s Full Name: Sarah Thomson

Current and/or Former Titles Held: N/A

Race: Human

Sex & Gender: Female

Sub-Race: Heartlander

Birthplace: Santegia

Notable Connections Within a Nation or Other Organization: Is the cousin of the late William De Cantwell of Santegia

Desired Rank: Ranger-Keeper

Training Known: I'm a medic and have some sword and bow training.

Training Desired/Needed: I will happily join in some sword training from time to time

Reason For Wishing to Join the RotW: "I take pleasure in tending to the people and pants of Atlas, so this seems like a group I would be honored to be a member of. Peace may not be easy to keep but we can try, Axios was destroyed by us mistreating it's land and i'd like to stop history repeating itself in Atlas." 

"I, Sarah Thomson, swear to uphold the by-laws of the Rangers of the wild until the day I part ways with the group or die still being a member of the honorable guild."

Edited by ElvenHuntress

To ElvenHuntress:

vqJmmDC.png

"Well met, recruit; welcome into the fold. I am eager to meet face-to-face. Send a bird my way at your earliest convenience."

OoC Information

Discord Username: (Required) RandomGreens

Illondr

*Illondr would come down from a tree* "As a ranger, you could I more on the violent side... Don't worry too much I fight with little emotion so I wont get cocky. I'm up for healing also, though the wild bandit fights suit me the best." *Illondr would await the masters response*

IC Information

Does not know

Training Known:

To Illondr:

vqJmmDC.png

"Well met, recruit; welcome into the fold. I am eager to meet face-to-face. Send a bird my way at your earliest convenience."

((OOC: Please give your full Discord name, including the #numbers after your username. For example, mine is Bananasaurus#7362. Without the numbers, we can't find or add you.))

Edited by Bananasaurus

OoC Information

Minecraft Username: Aragwen

Discord Username: Bea#2901

Skype Username: N/A

Nickname Preferred: Bea (Aragwen is fine too)

Real-Life Age: 20

Preferred Pronoun(s): she/her

Activity Level: Will try to be on more often - a couple hours each day, more on the weekends

Main Character or Secondary Character?: Main

RP Sample As Applying Persona: "You see, hunting is what I have done since I... well, since I've been me. Which, to be fair, isn't much by elven standards, I'm still quite young..." she trails off as she focuses on stringing her long wooden bow. When the task is done, she looks back up and smiles "I don't claim to be an expert. I have much to learn and always will have. But let me show you what I can do."

IC Information

Character’s Full Name: Aragwen Arcanscape

Current and/or Former Titles Held: N/A

Race: Wood elf

Sex & Gender: Female

Sub-Race: High elf

Birthplace: Cerulin

Notable Connections Within a Nation or Other Organization: N/A

Desired Rank: Ranger-Wildsman

Training Known: Archery and fletching

Training Desired/Needed: Swordsmanship

Reason For Wishing to Join the RotW: "The guild matches my beliefs and puts them to practice. I also always cherish any opportunities to learn and be in union with nature."

I, Aragwen Arcanscape, hereby agree to all of the above.

Edited by Aragwen
Turning OOC to IC in a place I misread

To Bea:

vqJmmDC.png

Minecraft Username: Captain_J_Ultra

Discord Username: (Required): None

Skype Username: (Optional)

Nickname Preferred: (If any. State whether you’d like to be referred to by your character or player name) Character.

Real-Life Age:13 (it's my dad's picture.)

Preferred Pronoun(s): (He/him, she/her, they/them, etc.) He.

Activity Level: (Rangers will not be kicked for inactivity, but they will be assumed lost or killed until they return) active, with bursts of inactivity.

Main Character or Secondary Character?: Main.

RP Sample As Applying Persona: "I've heard about you rangers. You have a lot thar you can offer the world if you were a bit larger. I want to help. I can be an ear to the ground, and am willing to fight for what's right.

IC Information

Character’s Full Name: Horgoth Ombastinion

Current and/or Former Titles Held: None. Ever.

Race:Human

Sub-Race: (If not applicable, say N/A) Heartlander

Birthplace: (If a character is unwilling to give this information, or does not know, state so in-character)" Look buddy, I'm from Asulon. That's all you need to know.

Notable Connections Within a Nation or Other Organization: None.

Desired Rank: Ranger Envoy

Training Known:Swordsman, Mercenary, Father a wealthy merchant, so experience with people

Training Desired/Needed: (I.e. if your character can’t read or write, someone is obviously helping them do this application or it’s being done in person. They’d ask for help with learning that skill in-character) Not much. Rubbish at tracking.

Reason For Wishing to Join the RotW: They have potential, and seem like a good group to join.

1 You want it, you got it. I agree to the terms and conditions and so on and so forth.Let's get this over with.
Horgoth Ombastinion.
Edited by Captain_J_Ultra

OoC Information

Minecraft Username: Malcias

Discord Username: (Required) Malcias

Skype Username: (Optional) malciasx

Nickname Preferred: (If any. State whether you’d like to be referred to by your character or player name) Malcias I guess, It doesn't really matter.

Real-Life Age: 16

Preferred Pronoun(s): (He/him, she/her, they/them, etc.) him/he

Activity Level: (Rangers will not be kicked for inactivity, but they will be assumed lost or killed until they return) American vacations/ summer I am active, during the week I can be somewhat active, weekends it depends. Sometimes I have to be inactive for a long period of time, I'll warn you if thats the case.

RP Sample As Applying Persona: Stevron Gollick looks at the stranger, "So you're one of these Rangers? I must say, your group fascinates me. A devotion to nature, and to peace, that few possess. Throughout my life, I've been around people precisely the opposite of you lot." Stevron taps his finger on his chin, deep in thought. "Perhaps you're right. I think it's about time for a change. I'll join the Rangers."

IC Information

Character’s Full Name: Stevron Gollick

Current and/or Former Titles Held: N/A

Race: Human

Sub-Race: (If not applicable, say N/A) Heartlander

Birthplace: (If a character is unwilling to give this information, or does not know, state so in-character) Nowhere of any importance.

Notable Connections Within a Nation or Other Organization: None currently of any importance

Desired Rank: Ranger Envoy

Training Known: Efficient with a Sword, decent with a bow. A good speaker and writer, some would describe me as ''Silver tongued". 

Training Desired/Needed: (I.e. if your character can’t read or write, someone is obviously helping them do this application or it’s being done in person. They’d ask for help with learning that skill in-character) Would like to improve my general knowledge of the world.

Reason For Wishing to Join the RotW: A change is needed in my life, I've been on the wrong side of things for far too long. I need a fresh start.

Yes, I, Stevron Gollick, agree to the terms.

To Horgoth:

On 4/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, Captain_J_Ultra said:

Desired Rank: Ranger Envoy/Sentinel

Unfortunately,  you'll need to choose between Ranger Envoy or Ranger Sentinel. Note that Ranger Envoys can still contribute to battle and take on quests by commonfolks to clear out unwanted undead/spider infestations, but are mostly a peaceful rank. Sentinels are almost entirely based on combat, but can also aid in peace-making, recruitment, and other non-combat matters.

As a note to future applicants: I will be accepting that Horgoth does not have a Discord because of personal reasons he has discussed with me. This doesn't mean that his exception is now allowed for others unless previously discussed. Other than that, everything looks good! 

To Malcias: 

I need your full Discord name, including the numbers. For instance, mine is Bananasaurus#7362. Other than that...

vqJmmDC.png

@HopeOfFuture You need to give me your full Discord name with the numbers in it. Such as mine is Bananasaurus#7362. I can't add you with just the "RandomGreen" part