[Shelved][✓] Feral Amendment

Sky

Feralization

The act of creating a feral is one that is only able to be done by an alpha, due to their innate ability to create more through the sharing of their blood. It isn’t exactly known why only the alpha’s have this ability, however throughout the ferals it is assumed that Morea has given them a different sort of blood. The ritual is a simple one, the consumption of the blood of an alpha which is consensually given will seep into the veins of the consumer, and as the alpha lets out a blood curdling howl, the sound seems to activate something within the consumed blood and immediately causes the one to begin transforming into a feral. However due to it being their first transition, it is very common for them to pass into unconsciousness due to the combination of pain and exhaustion soon after they have fully transformed.

-Alpha requires an accepted feat application confirming them as an alpha, either by the lore holder or by one who handed it over.

-Only blood given by an alpha willingly, and said alpha’s howl, can turn a descendant into a feral.

-All new ferals fall into unconsciousness soon after, allowing them two emotes before succumbing.

Deferalization

The act of deferalization is another thing that is only able to be done by an alpha, due to their innate ability to create one, it is also an innate ability to remove what was given by one of their own. The process is a rather painfilled one, and either causes them to suffer long-term negative effects, or permanent negative effects. Ranging from, but not limited to, short-sightedness, lack of smell, deafness, slow reflexes, and low pain tolerance. For the ritual to take place an alpha is required to consume an amount amount of blood of the one having their feral removed, and from there the alpha once more lets out the same howl used to create, causing the now descendant to fall into a deep slumber, regaining their descendancy.

-Only an alpha is able to conduct a deferalization.

Passing on Alpha

The passing of alpha is a very interesting and unique process, where whether it is done with or without a challenge, the status is through a ethereal contract overseen by Morea, whether known or unknown. Once an alpha has officially given over their title, be it through a lost fight, or through stating that they are handing it over, and truly mean it within their soul, then both of the members fall into a deep slumber and both become put into a small vision, seeing Morea approach the once alpha and bend over, going to drive it’s teeth down into the being and rip out what seems to be a milky-white wolf, and as it’s released the wolf dives towards the new alpha, causing the vision to end and both to awaken.

-Once an alpha is handed over it is required that both the previous alpha and new alpha contact a lore team member (the same one preferably) and inform them.

-The new alpha is to make a feat application, in which the previous alpha must confirm and the previous alpha's feat application is moved to denied.

-If the previous alpha is refusing to confirm, then a witness can put forth evidence in the form of screenshots of the roleplay.

-There is a limit of four alphas, gender is irrelevant.

Feat Format

Title:

[Alpha Feral] [Feat] Roleplay name

Body:

MC Name:

Character’s Name:

Character’s Race:

What magic(s) will you be learning?: Alpha Feral

Teacher’s MC Name:

Teacher’s RP Name:

Do you have a magic(s) you are dropping due to this app? If so, link it:

Do you agree to keep the MT updated on the status of your magic app by using the Magic List Errors topic?:

Are you aware that if this magic is undergoing an activity trial and fails said trial, that you will lose the magic?:

Have you applied for this magic on this character before, and had it denied?

-

As a note, this is a quick amendment (aka a hotfix) as there are a new batch of ferals being made and as such this was seen as something needed to be submitted somewhat immediately. Currently myself and Murlocs are working on a full rewrite, which won’t take too long, however as this was seen as needing to be submitted soon, it was thrown in. Thank you.

Ah, good ol' ferals.

Why would you want to deferalize someone? It doesn’t make too much sense to me. 

The fact that you can remove it seems a bit redundant. There isn't a real point to it besides maybe keeping some sort of OOC vetting system, which doesn't make sense for the group. Even the Paladins, who have the option of disconnection, have to PK their characters afterwards. More fitting would be to simply execute the Ferals that are disliked or problematic.

It also gives off the impression that being a Feral is a privilege of a sort, and it certainly is from an OOC perspective but. In character, turning into a beast with all the animalistic urges that come with that, it doesn't seem like a privilege, it should be roleplayed similar to a curse, and you have to live with a curse.

Edited by Jacko

I'm feeling like better examples in creature removal should be taken after, in the case of "deferalization". When you become a Striga, a Darkstalker, etcetera, there is no way out besides permanent death. By making the state of being of Lycanthropy something that can be taken away, it implies it's some kind of floaty blessing of a God, when the original lore was far from that. A curse is a curse, and curses are not taken away.

Striga in particular were good with this because PK rules were reinforced by group operation; a Striga can only ever PK another Striga. I suggest adopting these harsher measures.

2 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

Why would you want to deferalize someone? It doesn’t make too much sense to me. 

Same reasons people can get disconnected from deities and the like.

22 minutes ago, Jacko said:

The fact that you can remove it seems a bit redundant. There isn't a real point to it besides maybe keeping some sort of OOC vetting system, which doesn't make sense for the group. Even the Paladins, who have the option of disconnection, have to PK their characters afterwards. More fitting would be to simply execute the Ferals that are disliked or problematic.

It also gives off the impression that being a Feral is a privilege of a sort, and it certainly is from an OOC perspective but. In character, turning into a beast with all the animalistic urges that come with that, it doesn't seem like a privilege, it should be roleplayed similar to a curse, and you have to live with a curse.

You were given some wrong information, paladins who get disconnected don't have to PK their character, look at Rella101's paladin, or Veist's keeper. It would be 'easier' to just execute the ferals, if the player in question was going to PK, however majority of the time they don't. As for it giving the impression that it's a privilege, well to most of the ferals it is, from their view point at least. 

15 minutes ago, Swgrclan said:

I'm feeling like better examples in creature removal should be taken after, in the case of "deferalization". When you become a Striga, a Darkstalker, etcetera, there is no way out besides permanent death. By making the state of being of Lycanthropy something that can be taken away, it implies it's some kind of floaty blessing of a God, when the original lore was far from that. A curse is a curse, and curses are not taken away.

Striga in particular were good with this because PK rules were reinforced by group operation; a Striga can only ever PK another Striga. I suggest adopting these harsher measures.

Then how would we explain the fact that several people have already had it removed without any drama? Even the lore holder for the magic wishes for there to be a deferalization sort of thing. We can't exactly retroactively enforce things, though I take it you believe from this point forth that deferalization should be a lore enforced PK?

27 minutes ago, Sky said:

Same reasons people can get disconnected from deities and the like.

You were given some wrong information, paladins who get disconnected don't have to PK their character, look at Rella101's paladin, or Veist's keeper. It would be 'easier' to just execute the ferals, if the player in question was going to PK, however majority of the time they don't. As for it giving the impression that it's a privilege, well to most of the ferals it is, from their view point at least. 

Then how would we explain the fact that several people have already had it removed without any drama? Even the lore holder for the magic wishes for there to be a deferalization sort of thing. We can't exactly retroactively enforce things, though I take it you believe from this point forth that deferalization should be a lore enforced PK?

Essentially, yes. When there's a process in place where a character becomes x (with "x" being an example creature), but must make the conscious choice that they cannot return from being x nor shed the burdens brought by x, that both adds to a layer of x's theme and general foreplay precedent.

To put it in layman's terms, if you take up something that you know is temporary or easily departed from, there is not as much of a serious weight to becoming x in the first place. If you take up something that you know is permanent and not easily departed from, then the true weight of being x actually settles. It becomes more of an aspect to roleplay and less of just a thing you can turn off an on and leave when the pressures high.

Following the same line of logic here, that allows you as a leader of x to filter in worthwhile RPers without the risk of a constant in-and-out flux of players in your group -- and when the time comes, you don't need to prepare for some fancy ritual that takes time to prepare, you just kill them (as the Striga efficiently exemplify). These aspects to roleplay mean a lot to how a creature group can function as a serious collection of nonmundane individuals; all choices are final, and if you cross the rules of the group you make a careful choice to join, then you are due for elimination.

14 minutes ago, Swgrclan said:

Essentially, yes. When there's a process in place where a character becomes x (with "x" being an example creature), but must make the conscious choice that they cannot return from being x nor shed the burdens brought by x, that both adds to a layer of x's theme and general foreplay precedent.

To put it in layman's terms, if you take up something that you know is temporary or easily departed from, there is not as much of a serious weight to becoming x in the first place. If you take up something that you know is permanent and not easily departed from, then the true weight of being x actually settles. It becomes more of an aspect to roleplay and less of just a thing you can turn off an on and leave when the pressures high.

Following the same line of logic here, that allows you as a leader of x to filter in worthwhile RPers without the risk of a constant in-and-out flux of players in your group -- and when the time comes, you don't need to prepare for some fancy ritual that takes time to prepare, you just kill them (as the Striga efficiently exemplify). These aspects to roleplay mean a lot to how a creature group can function as a serious collection of nonmundane individuals; all choices are final, and if you cross the rules of the group you make a careful choice to join, then you are due for elimination.

I understand the reasonings, however why is it that shades and frost witch thralls can lose their curses without an enforced PK?

Deferalization seems like a way for people to OOCly target other people they don’t like. I’d just do as the others suggested, like an execution or something. Not making them be forced to get rid of their curse. And like the others said, it’s not magic or a blessing it’s a curse. You shouldn’t be able to get rid of it just like that. At least not without OOC consent. 

Yo I'm not a feral and I know that, but I also think it sounds a little dumb for such a life-changing curse-boon combo to be reversible without like, event-level stuff, like that one hommunculus that was given a soul by an ancient deity. Everything else here looks good, though.

I play a feral and personally I don't think that to lose the feral should require a pk, there are already heavy downsides to having this removed from you when you wish it so.

2 hours ago, Sky said:

I understand the reasonings, however why is it that shades and frost witch thralls can lose their curses without an enforced PK?

Poor design choices.

2 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

Deferalization seems like a way for people to OOCly target other people they don’t like. I’d just do as the others suggested, like an execution or something. Not making them be forced to get rid of their curse. And like the others said, it’s not magic or a blessing it’s a curse. You shouldn’t be able to get rid of it just like that. At least not without OOC consent. 

Executions have no weight in this server because 99% of the server does not adhere to PK'ing at any circumstance.

De-Feraling is needed to help for IC control and to give a way to remove problematic, IC characters. This puts actual weight on their actions instead of turning someone and then having to kill them eight times a day for them to shelf their character.