[Shelved][✓] Feral Amendment

Sky

To be honest. Pking seems a bit far but if the person, Rella101 for example, wants to pk because they have been a feral for so long and asking for a deferral means loosing all of your senses it could kill someone. But I think it should be personally up to the persona playing the feral. 

I think the deferalization is good with this. You'd already be facing potentially permanent deafness, blindness, severely decreased pain tolerance, and slowing. I am not a fan of permadeath at all unless under specific circumstances. Also, this isn't something that results in any permanent changes to the soul or the body, like in soul trees or ghouls.

I would compare deferalization to its own form of unattunement. It's not a guaranteed pk, but the trauma resulting from it would likely lead to one, and would require careful attention from other characters to help the afflicted through the trauma. Which creates more RP. Which is good. Especially if that person chooses to PK after another person has grown close to them and helped them through some very difficult times. It would make the PK more meaningful.

I was thinking perhaps adding in some sort of pack lore would be good. For instance when ferals are apart of a pack they gain certain boons (nothing to insane.) and the lone wolf ferals would go without those. That would work well in the case of someone leaving the pack, and they'd be giving up something. Also a lore piece explaining the pack's connection and such would also be quiet nice.

Just a thought, I do like this amendment though.

*screams quietly as my feral app sits in pending*

*A soft yell in the distance can be heard from the scary, deep hole of feral app limbo*

I've never been one for forcing PK on someone, since it means destroying possibly even years of character development. I do think there should be a downside to deferalization- which is going to required to control the rp quality just like anything else. However, it seems like this amendment has it pretty covered and leaves it open for everyone who leaves the pack to rp it how they wish. They lose their senses, going through probably deep emotional depression and yea, maybe they end up dying from it. But that should be up to the player. If anything, you could add that there is an echo of the abuse on their souls and so even after leaving the life of a feral, the person will always be effected by gold and pained by holy magic but it doesn't really seem needed.

I think that this is some good additions and it opens up a lot for the lore to be further expanded and played with, which I think is in the works. I personally want to see more on pack dynamics and imprinting but I totally get why this administrative tracking of alphas and further explanation on becoming/ unbecoming one needed to come first.

How about they can't learn magic after they lose their curse because the way I designed it would to be to literally rip more than half one's soul from them. They lose feral, they lose magic and immortality age wise. Perhaps 20 years to live after? Easy solution.

I agree magic wise they shouldnt be able to know any void magics, because the curse comes from a mani and is meant to force someone to protect nature- It should force them to not take on a magic that is widely beleived to **** with nature

they still should be allowed to become druids or druid aligned things though, because this is a creature of the aspects they're turning into

The process is a rather painfilled one, and either causes them to suffer long-term negative effects, or permanent negative effects. Ranging from, but not limited to, short-sightedness, lack of smell, deafness, slow reflexes, and low pain tolerance.

I like these, I like these a lot. Though I would suggest making the effects permanent as none of them sound like a thing that would exactly heal over time to me. I'd also say instead of having the effects "ranging" from those listed to make it a set list of what happens. Otherwise you might have a player try to be sneaky and only pick a few minor effects. 

And I have to agree with Grim, just trying to kill someone if they need to be removed from the ferals doesn't solve anything as if they don't want to PK they simply won't and you cannot make them. However, you need a way to take care of problematic ferals and being able to remove the curse provides that. This puts some pressure upon those interested in the lore to actually make sure they RP properly and don't simply get it to cause trouble for those existing. Trying to make a feral PK if the curse is removed though doesn't make much sense to me as I don't really see a reason for it...

With Undead, Izkuthii, Frost Witches, etc. you have some special required feeding that if not followed will kill the character. Undead with their lifeforce draining stuff, Izkuthii eat emotions, Frost Witches eat man flesh, and so on. From what I've been told Ferals are only required to eat meat, any sort of meat, which isn't anything special as normal people eat meat too. 

Frost Witches and Undead don't (from what I can think of) have a way to return to normality but they present good reasons for this when you think about their lore. A Frost Witch literally has a body now made out of slush and is all icy now, kinda hard to turn that back into regular flesh. Undead are well... dead. Draught is the best they'll ever come to reclaiming life so they can't get out of this state once entered which again, makes sense. How could something existing in a dead state come back to true life? Izkuthii are the odd ones out here as a Fledgling Izkuthii can be disconnected, returned to normality, but with the typical soul tear stuff from deity DC's since we are connected to a deity. Adults cannot be DC'd since the curse has taken too strong of a hold but we still have a way to ICly deal with problematic ones should they pop up: we can lock their powers away.

While ferals might not be a creation of the Aspects themselves they are still made by a deity of sorts, a spirit, and honestly for ferals being considered a curse it seems pretty mild. Sure they can shift into giant doggos but really otherwise their bodies seem the same from what I've seen in RP. So due to that I'd say they should indeed be able to return to normality but with negative effects due to the change. 

I don't like the idea of limiting the amount of alphas to four. That's four people who control the entire player base. Maybe making it so it's a limit of four alphas per pack? That way people can split off and make their own packs and make more alphas. Idk, I know the player base for ferals is already pretty small- So I don't know how well multiple packs would work. Just an idea.

48 minutes ago, jyecarson said:

I don't like the idea of limiting the amount of alphas to four. That's four people who control the entire player base. Maybe making it so it's a limit of four alphas per pack? That way people can split off and make their own packs and make more alphas. Idk, I know the player base for ferals is already pretty small- So I don't know how well multiple packs would work. Just an idea.

Trust me, four teachers is PLENTY for a playerbase

Thank you for submitting your piece! Expect a verdict in about 2 weeks.

This lore is pending, requiring a C2A where the playerbase that this lore affects is contacted for their opinion. One of the LT on the team will conduct this over the next few days.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856