[✗] A Cycle of Rebirth

Gladuos

cite ur art

but otherwise its ok

13 minutes ago, Dolinare said:

I can't help but disagree, personally. There's a clear redline that states that the reincarnated soul retains no concrete memories of its former life. Maybe it would remember a vague feeling of being harmed or something similar, but the faces, names, and details of any memories it retains are erased. Anyone using this lore to try and get revenge would definitely be metagaming, no question about it, and should face the possibility of punishment for such.

It wouldn't be enforced and it'll happen, I assure you

1 minute ago, GrimReaper98 said:

It wouldn't be enforced and it'll happen, I assure you

I wouldn't be so sure, personally. I've seen worse punishments for lesser violations of rules, so I don't think either of us could say it wouldn't be enforced.

I love this idea. Actually, genuinely love this idea. I'd have an excuse to bring back characters who had tragic stories while alive, giving them a second chance. We're not always satisfied with how a character's life progresses. Though I do worry about other people metagaming who said reincarnated character is. Also, would they only be reborn essentially how they were in the previous life or could gender/etc change?

Here's to you, Clarren Arrowfoot.

5 hours ago, Hyena said:

Actually I would heavily suggest not to have them be anything like the previous character except with some small, subtle exceptions. I'd recommend them to be very different such as even different gender, yes. Like they should be almost entirely a different person, where the only real semblance of their former self takes up like 2% of their overall being, if I had to put a contrived number attached to it. Which takes the form of a small quirk in personality most usually.

Edit: @GrimReaper98 I don't think it's entirely fair to say this lore should be denied by sheer merit that you think people are power-gaming rule-breakers. I explicitly wrote this with redlines in mind so that it couldn't be abused or used as a method to bring back PKed characters such as the no remembering important details rules. If people skirt those rules and abuse this for stupid shenanigans, they are straight up power-gaming and punishable to that extent. If this is accepted, and you find anybody is ever doing anything like that, you should report them to staff immediately in a clear, calm manner. You'd be surprised how easily these things can actually be dealt with if you want them to be.

6 hours ago, Veist said:

Take a closer look, I have them cited already.

1 hour ago, Gladuos said:

Actually I would heavily suggest not to have them be anything like the previous character except with some small, subtle exceptions. I'd recommend them to be very different such as even different gender, yes. Like they should be almost entirely a different person, where the only real semblance of their former self takes up like 2% of their overall being, if I had to put a contrived number attached to it. Which takes the form of a small quirk in personality most usually.

UpvoteUpvote

Not sure where I implied they'd be similar in the slightest, my apologies!  I agree with what you said. 

This is marvelous Glad! Glad to see some more world lore - especially in regard to existing religions. Definitely top-notch.

19 hours ago, Gladuos said:

Edit: @GrimReaper98 I don't think it's entirely fair to say this lore should be denied by sheer merit that you think people are power-gaming rule-breakers. I explicitly wrote this with redlines in mind so that it couldn't be abused or used as a method to bring back PKed characters such as the no remembering important details rules. If people skirt those rules and abuse this for stupid shenanigans, they are straight up power-gaming and punishable to that extent. If this is accepted, and you find anybody is ever doing anything like that, you should report them to staff immediately in a clear, calm manner. You'd be surprised how easily these things can actually be dealt with if you want them to be.

Take a closer look, I have them cited already.

good. my work here is done.

Looks like you did a very good job walking the line between abusable and useless. I like it :)

Thank you for submitting your piece! Expect a verdict in about 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, this piece has been denied. While some of us found this piece interesting, a majority of the team feel that this piece would give incentive for people to continuously create new characters that have the same mannerisms and personality as their previous character.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.