[Shelved][✓] [Amendment] Chimeras

OOC Note:
I talked to Dunstan, the Alchemy Loremaster, and I talked to Matheus, the loreholder for Chimeras. And the general consensus on Chimeras, by both those who do/would play them, is that Chimeras need a rework. So the Amendment is simple. Rather than make a huge new complicated rework, one or two minor changes would fix it right up. To start, chimeras have no real boons. They have “the chance” of enhanced senses, but that’s basically it. Meanwhile, they are vulnerable to all holy magics, and also to aurum. On top of that, they experience all sorts of mental instability, and generally only live 4 months. Because of this, many don’t see a point in creating a chimera.

Lifespan:
Allow chimeras to live the normal lifespan of their former race. For example a high elf chimera would live a normal high elf lifespan. However the longer the chimera lives, the more their mind will shift to be more beast-like. An old chimera may find themselves succumbing to their animalistic tendencies. For example, a chimera mixed with an aggressive animal may find themselves attacking people randomly, or a chimera mixed with a frightful animal may find themselves in bouts of terror.

Diet:
Often times chimera will find themselves drawn to a specific type of diet. For example a chimera mixed with some form of Carnivore may find that meat is much more appetizing than leafy greens. Although the Chimera may find a certain food better then others, they would still be able to eat other types.

Subtypes:
Aerial: Aerial chimeras are fused with winged creatures. They are often lightweight due to hollow bones, and, if they receive wings from the fusion, can often glide. Due to the creatures hollow bones, they often break their bones quiet easily. For instance, a chimera created using a falcon might acquire excellent eyesight and the ability to glide, but their fragile bones would make them easy targets in combat. They also may end up developing traits like how falcons often will simply fall asleep when exposed to dark environments.

Aquatic: Aquatic chimeras are fused with amphibious or aquatic creatures. Depending on what they are fused with, they can be quick swimmers due to webbing, or hold their breath for long periods of time. Some Aquatic Chimera might find that they need to drink a substantial amount of water to keep themselves hydrated. Shark chimera might experience rough skin and skin discoloration, as well as the growth of fins. Their diet would be limited to meat, and they might be able to replace their teeth many times.

Terran: Terran chimeras often don’t have a unique ability based just on their own type. They do however, often receive further abilities that their animal components would exhibit. A good example of a terran chimera might be a deer or a wolf. Both might be quick and agile, but their traits may help them in different environments more than others. For instance, a deer chimera might do better in a forest, while a wolf chimera might do better out in the open. One is essentially forced into an herbivore's diet, and the other can largely only eat meat.

(Note: For special creatures like dragonkin and other rare animals, you must acquire the creature through the Event Team/Lore Team. Creatures of this type exhibit more unusual abilities than others, hence the additional limitation. In your CA, you must detail what your chimera is composed of, and what abilities it has received from its animal components.)

Advantages/Disadvantages:
+Gains instincts & heightened senses (Dependant on animal).
+Gains the boons of their subtype.
------
-Gains weakness of their subtype.
-Weak to Holy Magic
-Weak to Aurum/Gold
-Vulnerable to Blight.
-Animalistic tendencies.
-Cannot have children.
-Chimera diets depend largely on their animal components.

Redlines:
-Chimeras cannot have children.
-Both creatures used in the creation of a chimera must be relative in size. This is measured from their fully matured sizes. Meaning if you fuse a house cat with an infant, the creature will die when the infant hits its supposed growth spurt.
-Chimeras cannot become Soul Trees.
-Cannot learn holy magics (Ascended/Paladin/Cleric)

-Cannot learn Druidism

Written By: JuniperSelkie & Starfelt

Edited by JuniperSelkie

As someone who played a chimera for a bit, I can agree with the fact that they are heavily unbalanced. They've so many downsides that the few upsides of them don't make it worth playing. With these few changes it would make them much more enjoyable, and overall a better outcome when doing Alchemy.

Spoiler

Image result for Nina and alexander

10 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

I see you removed the rule saying no sex . . .

That was in the red-lines in the past to stop people from making catgirls and what not, please re-add.

13 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

I see you removed the rule saying no sex . . .

Based on this your Lore has been moved to accepted.

Accepted.

It is clearly noted in the red lines that chimeras are incapable of producing children. Stating that a descendant chimera is incapable of doing the do seems silly, given that they would still have their parts.

Also, catgirls already exist. They're called Kha.

Edited by JuniperSelkie

44 minutes ago, JuniperSelkie said:

-Chimeras cannot become Soul Trees.
-Cannot learn holy magics (Ascended/Paladin/Cleric)

*squints. Implying they learn any magics?

22 minutes ago, JuniperSelkie said:

It is clearly noted in the red lines that chimeras are incapable of producing children. Stating that a descendant chimera is incapable of doing the do seems silly, given that they would still have their parts.

stop making things that aren't human FTB OR HAVE SEX

man-screaming.jpg

2 hours ago, Gladuos said:

*squints. Implying they learn any magics?

I will now direct your attention to the chimera rewrite from 2016: 

The redlines do not prevent chimeras from learning magic, like original chimera lore did. I will also unveil this lovely tidbit, from the head of the magic and lore team

28b25f103146a3890a8442faccbdd1eb.png.6151bf593544c0e8bbbc5fe5783d0bd7.png

HOWEVER given that holy magics hurt them, they wouldn't be able to use them.

Also, Grim, might wanna take that up with lore team. *glances at Kha, Elves, Orcs, Satyrs, Hou-zi, Dwarves, Halflings, etc*

Edited by JuniperSelkie

Given that literally all deity magics do something to the soul, I see absolutely no reason a chimera should be able to learn druidism, either. The magic itself may not hurt the chimera, nor any altered being, but it doesn't make much sense as to why they can't learn holy magics, but can still learn Druidism. I understand that this will effect (as far as I know) only your character, but with current deity lore? There's not any good reason for them to be able to be connected to the aspects. 

1 hour ago, JuniperSelkie said:

Also, Grim, might wanna take that up with lore team. *glances at Kha, Elves, Orcs, Satyrs, Hou-zi, Dwarves, Halvings, etc*

Kharajyr can only bed kharajyr, or you'll get banned. Hou-zi can only bed hou-zi, or you'll get banned. Descendants can only bed descendants, or you'll get banned. Chimera should not be allowed to bed descendants, kharajyr, or hou-zi. Stating they can't have children, implies they can ****, and your reasoning of 'but they have their bits and pieces' doesn't hold water because so do animals, and bestiality is not allowed on any forms what so ever. Also, druidism with chimera make no sense since it's a very unnatural thing that goes against animals will, no animal would want this at all and the aspects would not be happy.

The Kha rule has been changed for a few months now.

I agree with most of these. I also agree with druidism being something that they'd likely not be able to hold onto, though I say in fairness to this change Briar be allowed to grandfather in cause otherwise we're torching a years old persona that is beloved by OP.

As far as FTB I dont get why this is an arguement or valid. More so, you won't stop them. Noone stopped kha and human ftb for instance, they simply go behind the backs of staff. By redlining no children at all the issue at hand is solved, that being "catgirls".

Hou-zi are only disallowed FTB right now due to being CA creatures, as opposed to a regular persona race.

2 hours ago, JuniperSelkie said:

Halvings

Just popping in here to tell you that it's spelled "halflings" and not "halvings"

Good day to you sir!

1 hour ago, Sky said:

snip

30 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Just popping in here to tell you that it's spelled "halflings" and not "halvings"

Good day to you sir!

To Sky, not sure what the big beef is with the idea that people can FTB in private without anyone watching them. But if every other beast race can FTB, not sure why its an issue suddenly. Like Hare said, nobody is going to stop a person, if they really want to do it. Also, as for druidism, that was brought up by Corvoo, and I am talking to Delmo about it, to see what she thinks.

To Notevil, thanks for the correction, fixed it.