[✗] Half-Olog Lore

Slothtastic

21 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

If a cave dwarf and forest dwarf breed together, they will have the height of a cave dwarf. Even though the forest dwarf is way taller.

Literally, mixing an olog with any race and removing the retardation is creating an unstoppable killing machine.

1 minute ago, L0rdLawyer said:

If a cave dwarf and forest dwarf breed together, they will have the height of a cave dwarf. Even though the forest dwarf is way taller.

Literally, mixing an olog with any race and removing the retardation is creating an unstoppable killing machine.

You forget with size comes less agility, more power behind its attacks yes but they would be easier to dodge. Take the Ologs from Middle-earth: Shadow of War for example. 

2 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

I admit half a ton is a bit overboard. I shall lower it. But if people are accepted 10ft-12ft Ologs, let them. Uruks are being bigger and weighing a lot more these days as well from what I’ve found.

I'm just asking you to write lore in accordance with the accepted lore instead of people deciding they want to powergame and ignore canon. Ologs are 8-10 ft.

1 minute ago, Gladuos said:

I'm just asking you to write lore in accordance with the accepted lore instead of people deciding they want to powergame and ignore canon. Ologs are 8-10 ft.

I’ll change it when a Admin or LM asks me too as part of the conditions of it either being accepted or denied. 

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

No, half ologs are bad.

Half ologs would feature the curses and downsides of both of their parents. If a goblin and a olog breed together, you have a fat and stupid olog that is about the height range of 4' to 6'. Yes, they are the same sub race, but they do get the downsides of both races. For goblins, this is there short nature, and for ologs this is their stupidity and weight. 

Half ologs and orcs are just dumb and fat orcs. Enough said.

Don't try to change the lore because you want to try and make an overpowered mix-bred race. Just from the Ulug, that's a war machine and removes all nerfs that the olog had to keep it from being an unkillable beast. 

Goblins aren't short, they're human sized.

5 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Goblins aren't short, they're human sized.

Yes, as much as I want to hate on ologs for RPing being bigger than they should by lore, I'll also correct goblin stuff. Goblins are human-sized, as humans are SUPPOSED to be in that same kind of range of 4-6 ft tall.

no -1

2 hours ago, Gladuos said:

Ologlings are best race.

Edit: Also ignore the incorrect wiki. Ologs are meant to be 8-10 feet tall so their halfbreed spawn should not be larger.

Not incorrect anymore. However, the Lore that those heights are going off of is outdated, so it might be time to write up something new for it.

As for the half-Olog Lore, I don't think this is really necessary. It will just add more bloat to the ever increasing amount of Lore there is on LotC. It feels like these are just meant to try and circumvent the drawbacks of Ologs, as many have pointed out above.

I'm afraid the lore is still in implemented and there were never amendments posted to revert ologs back to 10-12 ft except in the form of players choosing to RP it that way without any lore support. It's not outdated.

That may be but BGBuster's Lore was moved to the Outdated Lore Section. I'm not saying to not use it, but I'm saying that it is no longer filed with other currently used Lore, and in order to find it you would need to go into the archives to find it.

10 minutes ago, 2samspan said:

That may be but BGBuster's Lore was moved to the Outdated Lore Section. I'm not saying to not use it, but I'm saying that it is no longer filed with other currently used Lore, and in order to find it you would need to go into the archives to find it.

Nah, check the link I commented earlier. BGBuster's lore was just moved into the overall orc summary lore, which is found in the racial lore subforum.

Oh, my bad. I glossed over the heights being mentioned in there.

play an elf, comes close to this i think

12 minutes ago, DocileDuck said:

play an elf, comes close to this i think

Elves can go **** themselves. 

What is the point in having uruks and ologs as distinct subraces if players are free to minmax them into retaining the best traits with none of the drawbacks?

ffs end this abuse