Jump to content
bickando

[✗] [Aengudaemon Rewrite] Wyrvun, Lord of the Deep Cold

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DarkSoundwave said:

I checked her lore and here it is.
 

 

 

I thought we were looking at the Aengudaemon lore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edel said:

 

I thought we were looking at the Aengudaemon lore.

Uhhh yeah. That's relevant as it literally explains it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarkSoundwave said:

Uhhh yeah. That's relevant as it literally explains it.

 

We were looking at the Canon for the Aengudaemon, Cernunnos. Your thread is the Origins of Druidism. I was under the apparently mistaken impression that the Cernunnos lore was what we should be referring to when talking about what deities are the Aengul or Daemon of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Treaty said:

It's more to do with the nature constituting that season. Aka, predators visciously struggling to scour prey to ensure their preservation against the cold, death/deathly slumber en mass to flora and fauna alike, and just generally bitter months that display the coldness of the cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never considered "Governing Seasons" to mean they're the Aspect of that season. More like... That's when people might worship them more? No crops grow in winter so you have to hunt which would be how winter could relate to Cernunnos. 

 

Plus if I remember right Benbo copied those pages off of a druidic book doc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThatGuy_777 said:

It's more to do with the nature constituting that season. Aka, predators visciously struggling to scour prey to ensure their preservation against the cold, death/deathly slumber en mass to flora and fauna alike, and just generally bitter months that display the coldness of the cycle.

Can you show me where it says that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Treaty said:

Can you show me where it says that?

its just a fact. a fact of like... 7 years of druid roleplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aeldrin said:

Seeing as we have ambitions for the development of an eventual Wyrvunic deity magic and actual use of Wyrvun in roleplay and at some potential point events, Wyrvun as a deity actually needs to be fleshed out. The 3.0 eventline was brilliant, but Wyrvun's lore only exists in relation to that. Outside of that eventline, he is nothing. He needs fleshed out beliefs, stances, attributes, and further histories.

 

I don't see why you're opposed to a piece of lore that only fleshes out an Aengul and gives him actual use on the server, as opposed to letting him rot away.

 

Furthermore, we were told that unless something was done, Wyrvun would be shelved. I don't see how you don't get that.

 

If you want to make a magic, write lore for that magic. Don't try bending an old aengul who has run his course through entire eventlines already to try to eventually benefit your special snowflake subrace with its own deity magic. (Pun entirely intended.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Archipelego said:

its just a fact. a fact of like... 7 years of druid roleplay.

Well from what I've seen, we are more focused on the lore, than the druid's conflicting opinions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edel said:

 

We were looking at the Canon for the Aengudaemon, Cernunnos. Your thread is the Origins of Druidism. I was under the apparently mistaken impression that the Cernunnos lore was what we should be referring to when talking about what deities are the Aengul or Daemon of.

Fake news, the post that you linked was from 2016, the post Delmodan made was in 2017. Also, the Aspects hold dominion over nature, not the seasons/weather. Which makes it so there's no way they could have 'stolen winter' from Wyrvun. Honestly I feel like this is just something being made so the snow elves have yet another reason to hate druids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Edel said:

 

We were looking at the Canon for the Aengudaemon, Cernunnos. Your thread is the Origins of Druidism. I was under the apparently mistaken impression that the Cernunnos lore was what we should be referring to when talking about what deities are the Aengul or Daemon of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zindran said:

Fake news, the post that you linked was from 2016, the post Delmodan made was in 2017. Also, the Aspects hold dominion over nature, not the seasons/weather. Which makes it so there's no way they could have 'stolen winter' from Wyrvun. Honestly I feel like this is just something being made so the snow elves have yet another reason to hate druids.

We made a lore submission to help further our roleplay. i do not see a place where we tagged druids to come here and start commenting on lore they have nothing to do with. Now, If you think this is something to "hate" on druids, clearly the hate begun with you coming onto a completely druid unrelated thread, and commenting on something just because it was a snow elf post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Treaty said:

We made a lore submission to help further our roleplay. i do not see a place where we tagged druids to come here and start commenting on lore they have nothing to do with. Now, If you think this is something to "hate" on druids, clearly the hate begun with you coming onto a completely druid unrelated thread, and commenting on something just because it was a snow elf post.

 

Everyone is more than welcome to give their input on any and all lore suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Treaty said:

i do not see a place where we tagged druids to come here and start commenting on lore they have nothing to do with.

I fail to see how you think that when the Aspects were mentioned? Druid deity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Treaty said:

We made a lore submission to help further our roleplay. i do not see a place where we tagged druids to come here and start commenting on lore they have nothing to do with. Now, If you think this is something to "hate" on druids, clearly the hate begun with you coming onto a completely druid unrelated thread, and commenting on something just because it was a snow elf post.

Lore we have nothing to do with? BOYO YOUR BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE?!?! Your literally taking our anguel and trying to take our lore and put it in another anguel. I don't care if your snow elves, humans, dwarves, etc, Your taking our lore and trying to rope it into yours. Thats what we have an issue with as your lore is incorrect for cerrunos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×